Eclipse's new bench rig

(cf)Eclipse

Freelance Overclocker
well, i was getting sick of swapping stuff in and out of a case, plus, it's hard to do voltage measurements and stuff. after a bit of brainstorming, this is the result:

test fitting parts onto 1/4" thick plywood. the little small piece of plywood standing up represents my radiator ;)
test-fitting.jpg

once i had figured out where everything was gonna go, it was cutting time!
panels.jpg

and some cut up dowels to hold the two levels apart
supports.jpg

drill holes for the supports. the little metal bracket is part of what will hold the psu in place
holes.jpg

to make sure the holes line up.. :p
holding.jpg

the two levels and supports all assembled, complete with standoffs, and foam where i messed up on the holes and the machine screws didn't fit into the mobo without some serious scraping.
case.jpg

before we move forward with the rig, i wanted to be able to use my s754/939 based waterblock, the DD TDX, with the two mobos i'd be using most, which have AM2 and lga775 mounting holes. slight trouble, no? well, more wood to the rescue. drilled out holes for each mounting style. i'll show them in use in a bit.. but know that these are rev2. rev1, which was only 939/AM2 can be seen here
939-AM2-775a.jpg

so now, time to put everything together. the current test rig consists of:
msi k9n platinum
3400+ sempron
2x1gb pc6400 ballistix
msi 7600gt
tdx + mag3 + benneville HC
ocz powerstream 420
wd 80gb ide drive

take note of the nice delta popped up there in front of the ram.
rig.jpg

cpu holding mounts in action. yes, i know i need to get ahold of 2 more springs and thumb screws to make things look more even
cpu.jpg

ballistix
ram.jpg

hahah its official! he is a bencher. always benching, never just using a computer hahah yay. nice job!

Sick, dude... Just sick... :-P That makes me want watercooling, too. :-P

i know eclipse is computer genius(geek), but i never know until i saw this thread that he too is a carpenter?!?!

rysher said:
i know eclipse is computer genius(geek), but i never know until i saw this thread that he too is a carpenter?!?!
Does that make him Jesus? :D

nice test bench. too bad you dont have 4 springs, or 4 nuts.

and hes not a carpenter, just a little girl who goes to RIT. btw, real test benches have phase, gimme a little bit, and ill show everyone a real test bench, not this phony eclipse style one ;)

Due to the lack of an enclosure, do you just cool it with a industrial shop fan? :p :p

i'll be waiting to see your bench rig ccu... ;)

rysher said:
i never know until i saw this thread that he too is a carpenter?!?!
can i be an electrican too? made this while i was still at school, so please excuse the terrible wiring job. fan controller that goes from 0 to just a hair under 12v, supports 3A of fan power.. so i can put both my 108cfm sunons and the.. 110cfm? delta on it without any problems. :eek: :D

fancont.jpg

You know what, I was going to ask ya, Eclipse, what else do you know. Instead, I'm going to ask what DON'T you know.

Seriously. :confused:

u8myrice said:
You know what, I was going to ask ya, Eclipse, what else do you know. Instead, I'm going to ask what DON'T you know.

Seriously. :confused:
tbh, i have serious problems with my emotions. it's kinda complicated to explain, because part of the problem is that i have difficulty expressing myself emotionally. kinda ironic :p to compensate, i just try to be happy all the time. sorta works out

i do need to work on my software knowledge though. :(

(cf)Eclipse said:
tbh, i have serious problems with my emotions. it's kinda complicated to explain, because part of the problem is that i have difficulty expressing myself emotionally. kinda ironic :p to compensate, i just try to be happy all the time. sorta works out

i do need to work on my software knowledge though. :(

hahah priceless. serious or no, tru or not thats funny

You seem like a really, really smart guy... u have to make up for it in other ways...

All of us have our strengths and weaknesses...

Ur a cool guy. Find a good shorty and you'll be ok. Problem is those are hard to find or they're usually butt ugly! LOL

MC FLMJIG said:
You seem like a really, really smart guy... u have to make up for it in other ways...

All of us have our strengths and weaknesses...

Ur a cool guy. Find a good shorty and you'll be ok. Problem is those are hard to find or they're usually butt ugly! LOL
Actually, I remember that he's got the "shorty" part covered. In fact, you can find pics of him and her in the thread about wives/girlfriends. :)

Back