eBay sellers, what's there game???????

Deadjasper

2[H]4U
I run across this crap all the time.

I just bought 2 2TB SAS 12G hard drives from eBay for $15 each with free shipping. Both drives are pristine with low mileage. They're EMC drives so I had to use sg_utils to format them to 512 but that's no big deal.
Just found another seller selling the same exact drive -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284299759962

So what's his game? flagrant sucker trolling or something else? I can't imagine anybody being stupid enough to pay this for a 2TB drive of any kind,

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It never ceases to amaze me. Not just eBay but everywhere amazon, offerup, all forums even this forum. I've seen some great deals but I've also seen some laughable attempts that sit on the for sale threads for weeks and weeks not because people don't want it but because the asking price is so out of touch. People "think" their used for sale items are worth $XXX when it's not. Chugging too much "street price" cool aid gets them to believe themselves.

1692459233171.png

I just bought 2 2TB SAS 12G hard drives from eBay for $15 each with free shipping. Both drives are pristine with low mileage. They're EMC drives so I had to use sg_utils to format them to 512 but that's no big deal.

So what's his game? flagrant sucker trolling or something else? I can't imagine anybody being stupid enough to pay this for a 2TB drive of any kind,
His game is it doesn't cost anything to list and maybe, just maybe he'll find someone stupid enough to pay it

Lmao

I have so much crap not even worth my time because boxing it shipping it and dealing with a seller is more hassle than the small amount of money in return.
I may list it all for dirt cheap if I have the time someday.
Heck I just sold a hydro copper 3080Ti brand new in box for 600 last year because there were 3080Tis going for similar prices even though the hydro copper "was worth" a lot more than the air equivalent.
Instead of bullshitting for weeks etc I just let it go and moved on. Some others would be stubborn and demand higher prices according to what they spent. Everyone can do what they want but the market price is obvious if you check the pulse on tech at all times.

I see this all the time. What's weird is that he got good rating. Ebay has its issues but still it is one of the best places to order from for me. You can find almost everything in one place and you can get them used for less price. You have to double check the price yourself, buy from good sellers, and use protection.

I just picked up a cheap 375GB U2 Optane P4800X with 400GB of writes for less than 10% of its sale price.

Last edited:
Back