Easy SFF cooling solution!

Its a USB fan like this one
xoxide_1830_61816738

Who ever said dry ice needs there butt kicked back into a classroom. :rolleyes:

Well if you look at the reflection right, it kind of looks like dry ice...

ARIA is pushing it, but that case is just way too big.

It's called a BreezeFan. The blue fan folds back into the white "cup" and the clear plastic lid closes over the top. When I'm done gaming, I just close my little fan and slide the left side panel back onto my SFF.

$4.49 at NewEgg

Does it even decrease temps at all? I bet taking the side panel off has more of an effect than the fan its self/

Wrong-O! The temps drop 6-9 degrees when I use the fan, but only 1-2 degrees by removing the side panel alone. Further, I've not had a single crash even after several hours of playing intensive games like HL2, Doom 3, and Riddick since trying the fan.

You got serious heat issues if your computer crashes after 2 hours of gaming. I easily play 4 hour long gaming sessions with the cover on my shuttle and never have a problem with heat. Are you sure it's heat, and not some unstable over clocking issue? I mean you should be able to game without having to take off the cover of your sff.

What video card is in your Shuttle?

I've never had a serious problem with heat-related system restarts or game crashes. My system sits in direct sunlight during the day, so the fan helps offset some of the heat generated by my huge windows acting like a magnifying glass. HL2 and Riddick seem to have a few bugs and crash more often than any recent game I've tried. I've filed several bug reports to prove it. Doom 3 is far more stable and has never crashed.

I've never gamed for 4 hours straight because that would drive me insane.

atlwriter said:
What video card is in your Shuttle?

I've never had a serious problem with heat-related system restarts or game crashes. My system sits in direct sunlight during the day, so the fan helps offset some of the heat generated by my huge windows acting like a magnifying glass. HL2 and Riddick seem to have a few bugs and crash more often than any recent game I've tried. I've filed several bug reports to prove it. Doom 3 is far more stable and has never crashed.

I've never gamed for 4 hours straight because that would drive me insane.

What is with people lately?
Its not a shuttle. Its a Monarch prebuilt rip-off from a shuttle.
His video card is in his sig, its a 6800 GT, but its OCed, so if does crash, it is his own fault.

MeanieMan said:
Its a Monarch prebuilt rip-off from a shuttle..
You have no idea what you're talking about.

MeanieMan said:
His video card is in his sig, its a 6800 GT, but its OCed, so if does crash, it is his own fault.
Okay, Dad. I'll go to my room and think about what I've done. All you overclockers better do the same, too.

I just wanted to share my little makeshift cooling idea. No big deal. C'ya!

atlwriter said:
You have no idea what you're talking about.

Really? Cause it looks like this thing. A case you can't buy empty. The case Monarch released several years after shuttle. Copying and grotestly enlarging the footprint of the Shuttle systems.

You even have the factory pre-mod window, "free" sticker, and the 40mm case fan upgrade. Which by the way, it might help more if you added the second 40mm fan right above the video card.

MeanieMan said:
Really? Cause it looks like this thing. A case you can't buy empty. The case Monarch released several years after shuttle. Copying and grotestly enlarging the footprint of the Shuttle systems.

You even have the factory pre-mod window and "free" sticker.
A case you can't buy empty? I even have the pre-mod window and free sticker? You've validated my original comment. Ever seen a Shuttle and a Hornet Pro side-by-side? I have. They both are categorized as SFF. Beyond that the similarities end.

Time to back to my room.

The Hornets are mATX, Shuttles are FlexATX. The Hornets, much like the Aria, are desigend to take most any mATX board out there. Shuttles take Flex, and/or a propriatary board. Different tastes, hence different markets. Despite what some may say.....they are all classified as SFF. Get over it.

ya i game for hours and hours and hours and hours on my shuttle and i see very little temperature increase let along fluctuations or anything abnormal/threatening

shoes said:
ya i game for hours and hours and hours and hours on my shuttle and i see very little temperature increase let along fluctuations or anything abnormal/threatening

damn, thats a lot of hours!

MeanieMan said:
Read the fuking thread :rolleyes:

Yeah no kidding... :D ...and how could you just not know what it is anyways there is a pictures and well...whatever noob

Back