E4300 build decisions

Archer1212

[H]F Junkie
This april I will have some money to upgrade. I have a choice get an opteron 175 (from my 3400+) and a new video card, or go for the whole system upgrade and get GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 and an E4300 Allendale. If I go for the whole upgrade it will cost me an extra $69 (after selling my old parts).

What I want to know is will the performance be worth spending the extra $69? I have heard that processor is great for overclocking and so is the board. I havent seen any decent tests with that processor and I figure I would come ask the collective of people that know hardware best.

Thank you for any helpful input.

You can see my specs in the sig, I have the 4300 and the gigabyte s3 board (not DS3, which is basically a beefier board with better overclocking capability) and I'm super pleased with it. The cpu is quite content being overclocked and it's not a strain on the rest of the system, I'd say go for it, it's totally worth an extra 70$

Mine is running atm at 3.4 GHz ;) It's a great CPU for budget users. Coming from a A64 3000+, it's a very big step in termps of performance and some preliminary benchmarking showed me a real improvement, especially with 3DMark05.

I'm running it with the Gigabyte DS3, and It overclocks to 3.06 ghz with stock volts easily for me. Great chip!

Back