E3 venice or E6?

yea, im moving to s939, and in the past didnt care about e3 e6 all that crap. but now that im moving there. i need to know, which is historically better e3 or e6? thanks for the time.

also, abit AN8 SLI or DFI Ultra D?

and Fortron Blue Storm 500w or OCZ Powerstream 520w?

remember, im horribly cheap, and dont want anything better then i need.

E6!

Runs cooler from what I understand, but perhaps someone with an E6 can chime in? Either way, my E3 is pretty pimp none the less. :cool:

e6 (the 3000+ e6 is cheaper than the e3 on ewiz.com!)

DFI

Seasonic ( :D ) - though I guess fortron is good enough.

E6 has no history, but my E6 sempron runs way cooler than my E3 venice, even with the sempron at 1.72v.

Some people didn't think the e6's overclocked as well at first, but the ones people are getting now seem to be doing alright. I think the main problem is that you're likely to get a date code that you probably haven't seen very many other people getting, and consequently you have no real way to predict your likely overclocking results.

For what it's worth, my 3000+ e6 LBBWE 0530DPDW seems to be stable at 2.7gHz, albeit with 1.62 volts, which is more then I was hoping to have to use. EWiz also has the e6 3200+ oem for $138 right now, if that makes any difference to you. Good luck with whatever you choose.

-greg

my E3 is running stable at 2745 right now, at 1.6v, 45C, only at about half load right now, on stock hsf... can run at 2.8ghz, but due to poor case circulation, when i game it gets too warm inside the case thanks to the video card, and thus becomes unstable... i don't game much, but i just keep it at 2745 right now if i decide to... that is, until i A) get a new case or B) get a new waterblock so i can adapt my old water cooling rig to my new A64... probly A first, and then B... course when i do B i'm gonna make an external enclosure to house my water cooling unit... quick disconnects and an outside enclosure, yummmm

running at 2.5ghz on air right now w/my LBBWE 0530, 277*9. Only at 1.45volts, motherboard doesnt wanna go over 277FSB, it'll boot up at 300(and is stable) but CPUID reports its still at 277...

E6 are poor overclockers in my experience. It only overclocked to 2.6 ghz and that requires an excess of 1.6V. And it wasn't even stable, failing prime 95 in 10 minutes. My E3 week 17 can do 2.71 ghz at 1.5V and prime 95 stable over 30 hrs+ indefinitely.

Back