E-Machine help

Budman

I put the Bad in Bad Grandpa!
I'm working on an E-Machine (T-2825) & I think the hard-drive controller is bad. Here's the scoop. PS went bad & took MB with it. He found the exact MB from a place in WI so he orderd it & a new PS. He puts it all together & he can't get it to boot. He brings it over to me & I can't get anything out of it either. I can get into the Bios (I have reset this already) but I get the error Disk Boot Failure on boot up. Ok maybe the HD is bad . I take it out & hook it up to one of my PC's & it see's everything ok on it. All the files & folders look ok (XP Home). So I think ok boot it up with a XP CD. I set cd-rom priority in BIOS & try to boot on CD & all I get is 1 long continous beep. He has both a CD & DVD drive & I tried them both. They show up as does the HD in the BIOS. I've even swapped out his 2-256 sticks of ram for 1 512 that I know is good. I'm thinking he got a bum MB. Anybody has any suggestions?

Quote... that PSU prolly also slaughtered ur HDD. ...Quote

No I don't think so as I said earlier I moved it over to one of my PC's & all the folders & files look ok. I opened up a few pics that was on ther & they were ok so I think the HD is ok.

Back