Dyson DC07 @ woot.com

Reaper

Gawd
Vacuum usually runs for $400, 219.99 + 5 for shipping, save 175 on an AMAZING vacuum, if you have any type of respiratory issues, this thing cleans twice as well as a Windtunnel

While this sounds like a good deal, and i really love woot. You must remember that this is a refurb.

True, but I got a refurb Zune from that wonderful woot and it's been pretty much like new for me.

Got a DC07 from Amazon a few months back for $299.99 shipped....it was new of course.

This still isn't a bad dealio.

man I want this vacuum so bad but my car just took a dump on me, and I'm just not into that.

this is a good deal.. we have the Dyson Animal at home and wow, it's by far the best vacuum I have ever used.. ever! the only thing on these is there is a gear that drives the pully which then drives (via rubber belt) beater bar that wears out sometimes, especially if you ram it into throw rugs and such, it will make a loud noise like plastic gears are slipping/jumping.. so most of these refurbs are units which people blew that gear out on and sent it back.. they just replace the gear and all is good. So, anyways... hope that helps any potential buying decisions... if you do get one, just treat the vacuum well by not ramming it into throw rugs and un even surfaces while vacuuming.. it will last and it does rock!

Thanks OP!

The wife has been hounding me about getting her one of these for months, I've just refused to pay $300+ for a vacuum cleaner. $225 shipped is worth it to me as I know the wife will be ecstatic! The secret is to not give them sh!t so when they get something like a vacuum cleaner, they get super excited! :D

yeah i bought one .hope it works well for me

No doubt. We have a Hoover Windtunnel now that functions better as a sand blaster on your shins when trying to vacuum kitty litter off our short pile carpet. I hope this Dyson DC07 is up to the task, because I'm certainly not impressed with our Hoover! :mad:

My mom and my sister got a dyson and they are both amazing. They bought the most expensive ones. I'm going to get one soon but I'm going to go local so I can have the safety of warrenty and repair. I ALMOST bit on this deal though but I want the dyson animal.

Also my mother bought the little hand held which was like freaking 150 dollars and it's awful my 50 dollar dirt devil has more suction

6 month Dyson warranty as opposed to the standard 5 year.
I have a Dyson now, but I tend to go through vacuums pretty quick. This one I have now as been great though. I'd try another, but not sure if I like the short warranty.

I bought a dyson and a roomba from woot before christmas and they rock :)

I got a DC14 animal. Love it, other then it being all plastic...

"Don't bother me when I'm cleaning my room":eek:

6 month Dyson warranty as opposed to the standard 5 year.
I have a Dyson now, but I tend to go through vacuums pretty quick. This one I have now as been great though. I'd try another, but not sure if I like the short warranty.
man maybe i should cancel it since it only has 6 months warranty and rather get it from bestbuy or something with 5 year warranty

edit:i just got a fedex tracking info of my order :(

man maybe i should cancel it since it only has 6 months warranty and rather get it from bestbuy or something with 5 year warranty

edit:i just got a fedex tracking info of my order :(
Got my tracking info this morning as well.

I noticed the warranty when I ordered. I was a little concerned about only having a 6 month warranty, but I figure if something is likely to go wrong with it in the next couple of years, it's most likely going to be within the first month or two. If I get two years of usage out of it I'll be more than satisfied given the junk Hoovers I've been buying in the past cost about the same. Furthermore (and don't quote me on this), I think you have to go through all kinds of BS to have a Dyson fixed under warranty (like ship it back to the factory overseas) on your own dime. If it breaks after the first 6 months, I'd just go buy another vacuum anyway. :shrug:

Got my tracking info this morning as well.

I noticed the warranty when I ordered. I was a little concerned about only having a 6 month warranty, but I figure if something is likely to go wrong with it in the next couple of years, it's most likely going to be within the first month or two. If I get two years of usage out of it I'll be more than satisfied given the junk Hoovers I've been buying in the past cost about the same. Furthermore (and don't quote me on this), I think you have to go through all kinds of BS to have a Dyson fixed under warranty (like ship it back to the factory overseas) on your own dime. If it breaks after the first 6 months, I'd just go buy another vacuum anyway. :shrug:

yeah i think that makes sense :)

Thanks OP!

The wife has been hounding me about getting her one of these for months, I've just refused to pay $300+ for a vacuum cleaner. $225 shipped is worth it to me as I know the wife will be ecstatic! The secret is to not give them sh!t so when they get something like a vacuum cleaner, they get super excited! :D

Update:

I received the Dyson yesterday. Overall I'm impressed with it as it passes the kitty litter test with flying colors. I also really like the fact that it has the ability to clean right up to the front edge of the vac (also great for corners).

A few of things I don't like about it after five minutes of use... First the damn thing is so tall in the front that it wont fit under beds or other low items, not even a few inches like most vacs do. It also has no over hang on the sides which makes it difficult to get to the back side of items, such as table legs. It also has no adjustment for carpet height (or maybe I just didn't see one yet). The vac basically locked up and made a death sound when I went over the top of our long pile throw carpet in front of our shower. :( Also, the detachable wand is a PITA, poorly designed, and has little mobility. One of those things you have to use to see what I mean. Lastly, the entire thing seems like it's made out of fragile plastic. I'm not convinced it will last several years w/o something getting broken on it.

Overall I was very impressed with it's cleaning ability. I don't know if the newer versions of this Dyson have improved on some of its flaws, but there is certainly room for design improvement on this model.

BTW, the wife was so happy with the "valentines day gift" that she did an extra special Dyson impression on me last night. :D

yeah - it is a one height fits all type of deal.. that surprized me also.. but that one height seems to work great on all surfaces I have tried mine on (we have the animal version). Also the "head" is a bit tall, but I love how you can bend the handle/body part all the way down to the floor to fully go under coffee tables and beyond. I use my dust buster for those places I can't reach with the dyson.. anyways.. that was a great deal on woot for this vac. grats to those of you who bit on that one. :)

So... why do I feel like I'm the only one that thinks spending more than 100 on a vacuum is crazy... and I'm a girl... hm.... I'll just stick to my no name vaccum...

you're not crazy... the only reason we bought the dyson animal was because we have TONS of cat hair in our place and we got a smoking good deal on it through my wife's work...(she works for sharper image @ corporate). If you're not going to get a bionic vacuum, the best one you can get is a "plain jane" eureka upright (or similar) with no bells or whistles.. just an $80 basic vacuum. They work well, are fairly easy to maintain, and the parts are cheap for them.. I learned this during the 3 years I worked at sears in the service dept. :) Now, this being said, if I were to go back to one of those I would miss the Dyson a lot.. it's ~really~ nice. it cleans the carpet like nothing I have ever seen.. the stuff it pulls out with each cleaning is just nuts also. dumping the waste is so easy also.. anyways..

so which model of the Dyson's vacuum is the best anyway?
i also received mine today

So... why do I feel like I'm the only one that thinks spending more than 100 on a vacuum is crazy... and I'm a girl... hm.... I'll just stick to my no name vaccum...

I got sick of picking up kitty litter with a broom as the POS Hoovers I've had do nothing but sand blast my shins. If this thing continues to clean like it did last night, I'm more than happy to pay double for a tool that actually gets the job done. Hell, I spend at least a grand a month on toys, $230 shipped for a much better vac was more than worth it IMO!

so which model of the Dyson's vacuum is the best anyway?
i also received mine today

I've heard the Animal is the best on the market.

The one we got is the original Dyson. I wouldn't be surprised if they are liquidating this model.

I've heard the Animal is the best on the market.

The one we got is the original Dyson. I wouldn't be surprised if they are liquidating this model.

It is IMO. My mother and sister has a animal. I just got one 2 days ago from sears. They had it for 470 rather then 549 and that's with the 5 year dyson warrenty. Of course it's the more expensive animal.

It's costly but worth it IMO.

True, but I got a refurb Zune from that wonderful woot and it's been pretty much like new for me.

you suck! got a zune before I did.... oh well my significant other got an ipod touch for me... so booooooooooooyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:D

Back