DWL-3200AP or WAP2000??

ZenDragon

[H]ard|Gawd
In the market for a new access point, Ive whittled my choices down to two. Not sure which one to choose so I just wanted to get some opinions before I buy.

Right now the choices are between the D-Link DWL-3200AP and the Cisco WAP2000. Both appear to be very similar in price, and performance, and both have great reviews. I also considered a 802.11N AP as well but there doesn't seem to be many quality devices in that area, and I'm not streaming video or anything so I don't really think its necessary. In any case, please let me know what you all think. Any suggestions otherwise are also greatly appreciated. Thanks guys you rock!

Last edited:
I have an HP Procurve WAP 420 that I really like. I don't use it for routing though just bridging.

I have use the DWL-3200 in many locations, they have all worked great... Great reliability & great coverage for a decent price.

Joe...

So I guess aside from jmack these things aren't too common? They've both got fantastic reviews on newegg, but I found many of those reviews to be a bit bias or uninformed in the past. In any case, I would be happy to hear any other suggestions you all might have.

I have been poking around with DD-WRT on my old WAP54G which surprisingly is still for sale online! I very much like the fact that these things can be flashed with open source firmware, Ive been toying around with the idea of setting up a AnchorFree hotspot in my apartment complex, anybody done that before? I just wish there were newer options with better reliability and that kind of flexibility.

Back