DVDrom not reading media...

Tony_Here

Limp Gawd
I sold a Samsung SD612 drive to Triolent, another member here, and it is recognised in the system but won't read any media. This was a working drive in my machine a week ago. It is a possibility that is was something due to shipping but I searched around and it seems this drive has causeed alot of people problems. Any one have experience with this drive and if so please help. I would like to get this drive working for Triolent. TIA

What kinda of media? music, dvd's or burned cd's? some burned cd's will not reconize on older dvd or cd-r-r/w drives. may need to update driver if maker has one..

thanX for the replies so far. It won't read ANY media. And he used a Lens cleaner already. And as far as I know you don't need any drivers, I never had any....

Pretty much what Tony said guys, the system recognizes the drive, but the drive will not read any types of CDs or DVDs I put into it.

I will go ahead and open the drive up to clean in out, I just didn't want to do anything drastic like that before talking to Tony about it.

Back