Duken nukem.....

figgie

Supreme [H]ardness
3d that is. ;)

Anyone pick up the new window ports that are floating around of Duken Nukem 3d :)

http://jonof.edgenetwork.org/index.php?p=jfduke3d

i was playing a differet port and man did it bring back memories of my first ever 8 way DM. Long sleepless nights from that game :) Hell i lost some sleep yesterday playing this game. The graphics are ok but the weapons.. the shrinker. The holoduke to set traps AND the devestator :)

I'm definately downloading this tonight. I still have my old copy of Duke3d. What was the name of the gun that shot several missles out at once ? That was my favorite gun for sure!

"...Time to kick ass and chew bubble gum, .......... I'm all out of gum." :D

I got a free copy that came with a magazine a while back, maybe it is time to dust it off and check it out!

theNoid said:
I'm definately downloading this tonight. I still have my old copy of Duke3d. What was the name of the gun that shot several missles out at once ? That was my favorite gun for sure!

"...Time to kick ass and chew bubble gum, .......... I'm all out of gum." :D

you are talking about

the Devestator :)

Thats where I saw that gun from Tribes: V!

I knew i've seen that multi-rocket launcher before when I was trying the Tribes: Vengance demo. Duke 3D! Memories...

Duke Nukem 3D surely had the best weapon names. Devastator was as brutal as it sounds :)

I got Duke to work. Ahh.. the memories.. greatest weapons of all time..

Now.. how do I play back a demo? I've got a bunch of deathmatches I'd like to relive..

I've been playing with it for a few weeks now, but dammit we NEED working multiplayer.

With my 9800 pro I can crank the AA and AF and still get massive FPS. Duke never looked so good.

-dB

The coolest weapon by far were the little wall lasers you would plant on a wall... I used to love those things.. I'd cheat and give myself about 100 of them and just completely fill a room with them :) hehe.. ah the memories..

Decibel said:
I've been playing with it for a few weeks now, but dammit we NEED working multiplayer.

With my 9800 pro I can crank the AA and AF and still get massive FPS. Duke never looked so good.

-dB

Screen shots ??

I tried one not too long ago which i thought was by the same site but it was only textures, didn't know they had actual models to go along with it. Anyway might have to re-download this and give it another go, it definitely is cool, oh the memories start coming back. Gotta love the theme song too! :p

oqvist said:
Does it beat Far Cry graphics

Who cares?! It's good ol' Duke3D! :p

Damn you all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now I'm addicted to this game. Man I forgot how fun it is.
Oh and the shrink ray was the coolest weapon ever in any FPS. I loved stepping on people during multiplayer.

"Hail to the king baby"

I will try it out... btw I was ranked number 1 on ten entertainment for 3 months at my time of quiting the compo I was ranked number 3 looseing to mad clown 2 games in a row. Anyways brings back memories thanks for the link.

I played it for a few hours last night. Man, I had forgotton how amazing that game is. I remember distinctly the first time I fired the RPG at a bad guy, and Duke gave the ol' "Holy Shit!". I was rolling listening to him again last night. Any game where you give money to strippers and say "Shake it baby!" is okay by me.

Deathmatch was just a total blast with Duke also. It was very faced paced, and you could lay mines behind curtains, and use pipe bombs and such. I had some terrific death matches, and recorded some great ones that I'd like to watch again, so if anybody knows how to reply a demo using jfduke, that would be great to know.

I also saw something about model replacements. Could somebody link me to that?

As I was playing last night, I was noticing how clever the puzzles were, and how interesting the game play. Duke is what 10 years old now? Something like that. It's a better play experience than Doom3 is now. How sad is that...

I must be doing something wrong, cause other than being able to play ok in Windows XP the ame seems as it was a long time ago, Only has 2d models and very poor textures, even at 1280x960. I looks and dont see any directions anywhere.

Diablo2K said:
I must be doing something wrong, cause other than being able to play ok in Windows XP the ame seems as it was a long time ago, Only has 2d models and very poor textures, even at 1280x960. I looks and dont see any directions anywhere.

Look in the jfduke forum for info on a high res texture pack. I downloaded the texture pack and then followed a link to get a fix to some of the bad textures. It looks better. It'll never be great, but it's not bad. Now I'm looking for models..

sniper991122 said:
The coolest weapon by far were the little wall lasers you would plant on a wall... I used to love those things.. I'd cheat and give myself about 100 of them and just completely fill a room with them :) hehe.. ah the memories..

LOL, i use to line buildings from top to bottom along the whole street and wait for a sorry little guy to walk through it and watch the big boom, Although it does suck when you lay about 100 of thoes things then trip one on accident

Micas said:
Look in the jfduke forum for info on a high res texture pack. I downloaded the texture pack and then followed a link to get a fix to some of the bad textures. It looks better. It'll never be great, but it's not bad. Now I'm looking for models..
I thought the link above included the new textures and models??? :confused:

Duke3D even allowed you to play in 3D, using red/green glasses. Yumm.

I remember there was a Penthouse mod that someone made. I wonder how bad that would look today.

Staples said:
I remember there was a Penthouse mod that someone made. I wonder how bad that would look today.

lol dude I remember that!! I was a Duke3D custom map junkie, I had hundreds of custom maps for Duke and sound files as well... This whole thread just made me get my Duke CD and now Im going to install it again. awesome thx. :)

sniper991122 said:

Yeah those things were sweet. When I played my friends I would plant those right behind doors and stuff like that so when they went to open one to find me "beep-beep-beep-BOOM!". Funny thing is, if i remember correctly is that you could jump off a high place that would hurt your or kill you but if you kept planting those on the wall on the way down you would reach the bottom unharmed, given you didn't run before you hit. That and the Holoduek was cool. I was playing my friend one time and he busted that out (which I completely forgot about since it was one of the first times we tried DM on that game) and I fired like 2 RPGs or something and was like "What the hell? I just shot him" then I was like "Oh crap, Holoduke!" then got hit by an RPG. :D Good times.

Back