Dual or Bigger?

kaukau

n00b
Let's play the compare and contrast game.
Dual 17" Monitors vs. Single 21" Monitor

#Dual
-Take up more space.
+Browse on one screen. Have IRC or IM convos on the other. (bye bye alt+tab)

Single 21" because you have more usable screen space. (Try playing a game on dual monitors)

It would be a closer call between 2x 17" and 1x 19". I'd still go for the 19" though. Call me old-fashioned.

If you are a hardcore gamer, definitely 21". That big screen will give you the advantage.

If you are more casual and like to browse the web while you game or play flight sims extensively than the dual 17".

Bigger is always better, don't let the girls tell you otherwise :). I just upgraded from a 19in round monitor to a 22in fp2141 flat AG. Takes awhile to get used to it and since the screen is so big the corners aren't as sharp as center of the monitor, but it definately beats anything else I have seen. Also you need to take in account I am the most anal person in the world when it comes to video quality. I once spent 4hrs straight watching test patterns and accessing service menus to get my bigscreen tv looking perfect. And then of course I had to redo the convergence every 3months which takes about an hr since it just gets a tad bit off over time.

So when I say it isn't as sharp one the edges, I say that with a big stick in my butt :D .

If you're a big gamer, go with the 21"

If not, I would probably say go with the dual screens. I played around with my friend's dual 19" screens and it was kinda cool, but annoying b/c anything that normally comes up in the middle of your screen was split between the two.

single huge screen is better, but seems like your happy, very happy :D, i running on ONE 17 inch and i'm happy. But i'd take the 21 if i were you since it really gives a gaming advantage.

Yeah, I do lots of gaming (CS + BF1942) and web design so I guess the single 21" would be better. Thanks.

The monitor I'm gonna get is the SONY Trintron 21" 500PS. Anyone have any experience with this particular one?

How about a 21" and a 17" dual??? :D That's what i'm running, i have a Viewsonic 21" CRT and an IBM 17" LCD. The size is awesome, but i'd rather run a dual display that is slightly smaller then a single display that's bigger. Thats just my opinion, but either way you can't go wrong, they've both got major benefits. If you get the 21" you can always add a 17" down the road for a dual display when you feel like it.

if you have a decent program or video card driver you can tell the computer where to send stuff when it opens. The only thing I hate about dual monitor set ups is trying to get programs like windvd to stay running when your playing a game or to get it to work with you 2nd monitor (ultramon can fix this a lot of the times by swapping which is the number one monitor but why can't they both show video?) so thats my major annoyance. I agree with most people: Gaming go big/ surfer dual may be better but a 21 is WAY better than a 17.

Back