Dual-Monitor Software

D

dymaxiun

What software do you all use when setting up multiple displays?

I've been using Ultramon for probably 2 or more years now, I think. I can't remember if I used it when I had dual screens with Win2K, but Ultramon is the best and it's not too expensive really.

I tried ultramon, and personally, I hate it... That's just me though, everyone else seems to love it, so you probably would too. :p The dual task bar thing is a great idea, but they way ultramon went about doing it... Well, I find it annoying. And everything else it offers (different wall paper on different monitors, etc.) you can do through Windows anyway, so eh...

That's just my two cents. :)

Originally posted by RS3RS
I tried ultramon, and personally, I hate it... That's just me though, everyone else seems to love it, so you probably would too. :p The dual task bar thing is a great idea, but they way ultramon went about doing it... Well, I find it annoying. And everything else it offers (different wall paper on different monitors, etc.) you can do through Windows anyway, so eh...

The taskbar in Ultramon is the main reason I use it. Keeps the items that are opened on the taskbar on the screen they are opened on.
I didn't know you can set 2 different wallpapers with windows. Everytime I set a wallpaper, it would be the same on borh screens.

Originally posted by RS3RS

The reason I use ultramon is because I can use one Picture over both monitors... and if you goto www.deviantart.com they have a great selection of dual monitor wallpapers :)

Originally posted by theNoid
The reason I use ultramon is because I can use one Picture over both monitors... and if you goto www.deviantart.com they have a great selection of dual monitor wallpapers :)

windows does that anyway- just set it to "tile" instead of centre or stretch.

:D

Windows dual display support is friggin lame. Another nice feature with Ultramon is you can assign different resolution for different profiles. Ultramon isn't just for people with 2 or more displays, its an all in one display manager.

For instance, I have an account purely for productivity work so I have a resolution that I'm comfortable with at 2-3 feet from the display. Another account that is purely for my down time, couch potatoe or in this case, bed chillaxin' mode so I have it at lowest res. where I can see without binoculars. Windows can't even do that.

That's where ATI's proprietary Hydravision comes into place ;)
I haven't tried ultramon, but Hydravision seems pretty good for ati hardware, and haven't had many problems with it yet.

Being I don't have 2 monitors right now, I can't say it's the "best thing in the world!" but I do use it /w my tv and monitor at the same time to extend my desktop...

For ATI owner s the Free Hydrovision rocks. Why not just download it from the ATI optional software section?

Back