dual channel doesnt work?

sprskr

n00b
i have an athlon 2800+, gigabyte 7n400 pro, and two sticks of corsair xms 512mb pc2700. and for some reason, i can't get the sticks to run in dual channel. when i put it in dual channel, it goes through bios fine, and it locates all the memory, but once i log into windows, the computer restarts itself. i even tried using the "fail-safe" mode in bios, and it still restarted. its good quality memory and they are of the same brand and model, so i was thinking its the motherboard. ne help would be appreciated. oh, i noticed that the memory sticks are of two different versions, 1.4 and 1.7 and the 1.4 stick has written on the xms sticker thats its a 256 mb :confused: , while the part number is exactly the same as the other and windows and bios says that i got the full one gig of mem.

I had the same problem with OCZ ram and just ended up sending it back for an RMA. We'll see if a new stick fixes the problem. BTW it was also a different version of the same ram (different revisions) so sounds like we have the same problem.

Uh....up the voltage a notch (one increment) and set the timings to something like 2.5-4-4-8.

tried upping the voltage, my mobo cant change the latency of the memory and it can only up it .1 or .2 v :( and when i upped it .1 it didnt even make it to the windows login, that green lil bar kept on going, restarted it and then my keyboard didnt work, so i put the memory back into single channel. :mad: ne other suggestions, this thing is really bugging me cuz i paid extra for this xms memory thinking that'd it good for performance and all, but i cant even run dual channel :( unless its the mobo. btw gumplunger, can ya tell me the results when ya get ur new stick. thnx

Back