Dual ATI 2600 Questions

DFinan

Weaksauce
Ok so the first question is can you run a crossfire configuration with 2x2600 cards? If you can what kind of performance should you expect, is the performance worth cost. I have a Saphire X1800XT that has suffered some damage (been to RMA twice) and still not fixed. I am looking at an affordable upgrade, that will let me play games and work at 1600x1050 resolutions. Any info would be appreciated.

Bleh no, the 2600 series are pretty bad for gaming, and buying two won't be worth it.

If you want an ati card, grab the 2900Pro that was just released, or if you don't care between Nvidia and ATI look at the 8800gts.

You can run 2600XT in Crossfire, but investigate what you could get for the price of a pair of 2600XT instead. For the price of a GDDR4 2600XT and a new game I can get a 2900 Pro over here (Sweden), and that's what, over three times the performance in a lot of cases?

Crossfire isn't really worth it at this point, AMD needs to work on it in a bad way. With the fact that two 2600 cost about what the 2900pro are going for it really is a no brainer. The down side is that the Pro is going to be available in limited quantity, but is a very good value. Since the Pro is able to reach XT speeds with out much effort.

Unless you are wanting to run three monitors or more crossfire or SLI isn't a good option. That being said I have really enjoyed my crossfire set up because I personally mostly play games to find the problems with them.

Back