Dual 1366 Mobo that can use 4GB sticks of desktop ram

cactus

Limp Gawd
I now have 2 E5530's, 24GB of G.Skill ram and a Z8NA-D6C. Threw it all together and stuff lights up and fans spin but not post, I'm thinking it doesn't like the ram. I sort of knew that this board has a tendency to not like non-ECC ram but I took the chance. Now I either bought a unexpected upgrade for my desktop or if someone knows a dual 1366 Mobo that works for non-ECC ram, I'll get that. Any suggestions? I looks like the SR-2 will take normal ram, but I'm trying to not drop another $600 for a board.

Tyan or Supermicro both work with 4gb unregistered non ECC. As for compatability with particular sticks well that is more of a try it and see, typically they prefer Samsung or Hynix orginals but most other brands work.

Well with more playing around I have found that it is the single ES chip that is causing the problem. Ill post in LOCO LAPTOPs thread to see if I can get it added. Thanks for the responses.

Well with more playing around I have found that it is the single ES chip that is causing the problem. Ill post in LOCO LAPTOPs thread to see if I can get it added. Thanks for the responses.

Bad things can happen when you mix CPU revisions on x86 equipment.

I have also learned that the hard way :eek:

Bad things can happen when you mix CPU revisions on x86 equipment.

I have also learned that the hard way :eek:

What do you mean?

I'm not able to get just the ES running alone on my board so I don't think it has to do with the other chip. Both chips are D0 stepping e5530s. Loco gave me a BIOS and Asus Tech support said the OEM BIOS since 0406 should see D0 stepping of retail or ES.

Back