Dropped my LCD monitor but it survived...with scratches

Hanif

Limp Gawd
I have an ASUS VG236 display that ended up dropping right when I opened up the trunk of my SUV :(

It was bare - it ended up facing face flat on the concrete...thankfully the screen had no scratches but the glossy border took most of the damage

see attached picture below

photo.jpg

What should I do? my beloved monitor scratched :( but still works

No picture present. If the screen wasn't damaged I would consider myself lucky and use the scratched border as a lesson to be more careful. I have dropped many things the same way, just falls out when the door opens. Most recent victim was a full bottle of Acqua Di Gio.

Might want to look into "Novus" it's a scratch removing compound for plastics... In afew minutes you could have most of the scratches gone...

You need to be careful and protect the monitor area. depending on the depth you may need to start out with a coarser product and then go finer. If "Novus" is not available to you then there are buffing and polishing compounds found at auto stores and even Walmart.

PROTECT THE SURFACE OF YOUR PANEL FROM ANY CHEMICALS!!

No picture present. If the screen wasn't damaged I would consider myself lucky and use the scratched border as a lesson to be more careful. I have dropped many things the same way, just falls out when the door opens. Most recent victim was a full bottle of Acqua Di Gio.

TAKE IT BACK AND DEMAND A REFUND. lol - OUCH

I would have laid in the puddle!!!

Back