@ drives on one?

ralphie1313

Limp Gawd
Hey guys and i say this now i am not to good with knowledge of software so if i ask dumb ? u know why!! ok so like i have 2 m.2 drives now drive c and d, d i mostly use for back up stuff or addons from programs. So can u save the 2 drives onto one drive ? Like this mb holds up to 4 m.2 drives so if i popped in a 3rd one can i save c and d onto f but will everything work the same ? Like lets say ms flight sim i got the main game installed on drive c but like planes and stuff i bought and downloaded i did it to drive d now i take it ms flight sim knows were it is so when i want to fly the other plane it goes to d drive and loads it right .. So the ? is if i did copy c and d onto the new drive then just used the new drive will everything work the same??

Thanks

What you can do is clone the C Drive to the new one and make a D partition on the new one afterwards and copy the D drive to it.
Example since you didn't say the size of the drives you have. if you have a 1TB C drive and a 1TB D drive, then you can get a 2TB or larger 3rd drive, clone C to the new drive and set it to use only 1TB, then after you boot from the new drive create a second partition on the new drive and then copy the contents of your D drive to it (it might not be D now, but I am pretty sure you will know which of the drives is your old D drive.
After everything is copied, you can assign the D drive letter to your new D drive, if another drive is currently D, then you have change that one first to another unused letter and then make the new one D.
Everything should work after that.

What you can do is clone the C Drive to the new one and make a D partition on the new one afterwards and copy the D drive to it.
Example since you didn't say the size of the drives you have. if you have a 1TB C drive and a 1TB D drive, then you can get a 2TB or larger 3rd drive, clone C to the new drive and set it to use only 1TB, then after you boot from the new drive create a second partition on the new drive and then copy the contents of your D drive to it (it might not be D now, but I am pretty sure you will know which of the drives is your old D drive.
After everything is copied, you can assign the D drive letter to your new D drive, if another drive is currently D, then you have change that one first to another unused letter and then make the new one D.
Everything should work after that.
Ah ok that sounds easy enuff even for me!! my c drive is a 1tb and the d is 500gb thanks

hey guys maybe some input here so i cloned my 1tb drive seagate 980 onto a new 2tb wd black series supposed to be a fater drive, anyway i did the clone all seemed ok so now i go to play my ms flight sim and i am getting half the frame rates also a much longer time to load the game. I removed my old drive and put the new one in slot m.2-1 so whats going on?

hey guys maybe some input here so i cloned my 1tb drive seagate 980 onto a new 2tb wd black series supposed to be a fater drive, anyway i did the clone all seemed ok so now i go to play my ms flight sim and i am getting half the frame rates also a much longer time to load the game. I removed my old drive and put the new one in slot m.2-1 so whats going on?
What software did you use to clone it? All things being equal, as long as you replaced it with a relatively current drive and the migration went fine there are several things that could cause problems. First, if the drive offset is off on the new drive could be off the 1024/2048 mark could cause problems. You might not be loading all the drivers you used to or there could be a corruption in one or more of the files that were migrated over. First thing to try is checking your offset, then try migration with a different piece of software and see if the new copy resolves the issue.

Last edited:
What software did you use to clone it? All things being equal, as long as you replaced it with a relatively current drive and the migration went fine there are several things that could cause problems. First, if the drive offset is off on the new drive could be off the 1024/2048 mark could cause problems. You might not be loading all the drivers you used to or there could be a corruption in one or more of the files that were migrated over. First thing to try is checking your offset, then try migration with a different piece of software and see if the new copy resolves the issue.
ok so just let me say i am sorry if i ask dumb ? i do not know much about computers so i used acronis to clone it and how would i check the offset please thanks! oh if this means anything ms flight sim is stored on steam ,,,

Ok so now this popped up when trying to quit ms flight sim it says an error has occured and needs to close down one of the following could be causeing an issus overclocking or driver file fault. should delete the driver and reinstall or delete flight sim and reinstll?

OMG WOW!!! ok so i reinstalled the graphic driver not only did it fix the problem but i am avg 20 fps more then i did before, can not believe this wow!!! thanks guys for your patience with me!!!!!

OMG WOW!!! ok so i reinstalled the graphic driver not only did it fix the problem but i am avg 20 fps more then i did before, can not believe this wow!!! thanks guys for your patience with me!!!!!
If that driver didn't come across properly, it is possible that other files didn't as well. you might want to keep a copy of the original drive just in case.

If that driver didn't come across properly, it is possible that other files didn't as well. you might want to keep a copy of the original drive just in case.
Oh yes i am not deleting that drive at all i all ready boxed and seale dit up and put it away!!!! Again i thank u guys and this site is amazing u can get such help on here and people respond fast!!

Back