Drives Not Showing Up

Keith130

Limp Gawd
My optical drives (DVD-ROM & CD-RW) arent showing up in windows explorer, so I went into the device manager and they both have yellow exclamation marks beside them. So I went into their properties can found this:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

I searched google and turned up nothing of any use, I tried uninstalling the seconday IDE + both drives and then rebooting but they still gave that.

did you try removing the devices in "Device Manager" rebooting and seeing what happened?

Do the drives work in another machine?

cheers,

dave

Yeh the drives work fine, I did remove them from the device manager and they still dont work.

Delete the Primary and Secondary IDE channels from Device Manager, reboot and then try.Let Windows detect everything again.

I tried restoring a previous registry I found and then I uninstalled the secondary IDE + both drives. They both are working now, however both my internet connections have dissapeared? And my firewire card used to show up in the network connections place but it no longer does? I also turned my cathode on again after it being off, if I think back they stopped working around the time i switched it off. My harddrive used to not show up if my cathode was off, but that stopped. Anyway they are working... for now :confused: .

EDIT: I was unclear on the internet connections thing, they dont show up in the "Network Connections" screen however i can connect to the using the shortcuts in my quick launch menu? Wierd.

Back