Drives doubles in Windows 10

obviouslytom

Fully [H]
I will provide a screenshot later, but for some reason when I open the file explorer to go to one of my drives, I have double of all my drives. I have tried to remove them but nothing works. The weird thing is that I have the icon next to the clock that asks if I want to safely remove the drives. It's as if the system thinks that the drives are connected via sata and usb at the same time.

Has anyone had this issue before? I am running Windows 10 Pro if that makes a difference.

Did you do a fresh install or is this based on a upgrade? If you upgraded, did you leave any other drives connected while you upgraded besides the main OS boot drive?

i don't have doubles but i do have both my SSD's listed in my toolbar as safely remove hardware and eject Media , always wondered why? (yep even on a clean Install of win 10 Pro)
even lists an option to Eject my C:\ drive or my E:\ drive ?

my bios is older then dirt tho ... as long as they keep working ... i don't care

I did a bios update and then the drives showed as doubled.

I am wondering if there is a setting in the bios that would change all of this. It is an Intel DH67BL. I am going through the Intel site now to see what I can find on the motherboard that might have caused this.

Have you tried making sure your chipset drivers and/or your version of Intel RST are up to date?

Removable drives are shown in the navigation pane by default, and you previously stated these disks are being marked as removable. Marking them as fixed (either by a driver that correctly reports them or the registry tweak linked above) should remove them from there.

I went into the bios and found a setting that made all of the drives hot swap capable. I was able to turn it off for all 5 drives, but one of the drives, according to the bios, is listed as an Internal E-Sata so it still shows up twice in explorer.

Back