Drivers

flexcore

Gawd
I'm looking to update my drivers from 11.2 to 11.4preview. Problem is that I can't uninstall 11.2 drivers. They don't show in Control Panel -> Program and Features. The only ATI or AMD listed is the ATI Install Manager. When I open CCC it lists 11.2 driver but no op0tion to uninstall. Any help. I have been getting horrible 3d Mark11 scores and not the best performance all around. Computer is listed in sig. Thanks for any help.

Ok. I had the full 11.2 CCC package installed. I uninstalled by going to Control Panel -> Programs and Features, ATI Install Manager highlighted and then selected change. Then as recommended by AMD I selected remove all ATI software. That went well. I then selected 11.4 preview March 23 to install. It installed but when I goto CCC and select Information -> Software it says that I have 11.2 drivers installed. WTF?

Ok. I had the full 11.2 CCC package installed. I uninstalled by going to Control Panel -> Programs and Features, ATI Install Manager highlighted and then selected change. Then as recommended by AMD I selected remove all ATI software. That went well. I then selected 11.4 preview March 23 to install. It installed but when I goto CCC and select Information -> Software it says that I have 11.2 drivers installed. WTF?

Somethings not right, try re-downloading the driver, I got mine from guru 3d and just double checked and mine is showing 11.4

Now when I go to install anything other than 11.2 it fails and says driver is incompatible, for 11.3 and 11.4. Weird, not sure where to go from here. With 11.2 I'm getting P2557 in 3d Mark11, x6 @ 3.5 and 6870 @ stock. Something's FUBAR. Where to start?

Now when I go to install anything other than 11.2 it fails and says driver is incompatible, for 11.3 and 11.4. Weird, not sure where to go from here. With 11.2 I'm getting P2557 in 3d Mark11, x6 @ 3.5 and 6870 @ stock. Something's FUBAR. Where to start?

Download the latest version of driver sweeper from guru3d. Go to control panel programs and features, catalyst install manager, remove all ati software, reboot and tap f8 to go into safe mode with networking. Run driver sweeper, tell it no to check online for updates, run driver sweeper and choose ati drivers click sweep or clean or whatever it's called, after it erases all traces of amd drivers reboot, disable all antivirus software and monitoring software for ati e.g. afterburner asus ai suite etc... Install the 11.4, reboot.

Try that exactly in that order.

Well I finally got 11.4 preview installed. I shouldn't of had to jump through so many hopes.
I did everything you stated but no joy. I only had CCC installed. I had to goto Device Manager and Update Driver.
This BS figures. Just the other day I had made a comment on how far AMD/ATI drivers have come and how good they are. Foolish me... I got my foot in my mouth.
I'm off to try 3d Mark11 to see if my scores are where they should be instead of the ~P2500 they were with 11.2.

WTF!!! Well it improved, P3387 w/ 11.4 vs P2557 w/ 11.2, but still not where it should be.

Any help? Ideas?

Benchmarking is not really my thing TBH, I mean I don't avidly do them so I'm not sure what a 6870 should be scoring. Make sure vsync is forced off in the drivers, make sure your anti aliasing filter is set to standard, Anti aliasing method is set to Multi sample AA, make sure triple buffering is disabled and anisotropic filtering quality is set to performance, set all other settings to application controlled, and finally run 3d mark at default settings benchmark only. I suppose those would be the popular settings but someone a bit more seasoned would know better.

Have you noticed any in game improvements in the games you play?

I'm going to play CoP tomorrow when I have a bit more time. I'm going to run the bench tonight before bed. Thank you for the help Lord!

Back