Dreamcast's for 15 bucks

Someone will cry tomorrow when ebgames sells out tonight. :D

I picked up a spare DC. Free EB Saver shipping and no tax.

not too bad for 15 bucks.

i found this funny though:
It's the ultimate videogame console: a polygon-crunching monster with power to spare. Sega Dreamcast creates incredible living worlds, and its stunning 3D graphics will leave your jaw on the floor. And (if that's not already enough) Dreamcast will prepare you for an online revolution, taking the gaming experience far beyond the walls of your home.

Damn guys that was fast. Less than two hours after posting and this is all I get
The product you requested is currently not available. It may be out of stock, no longer available or we may be performing site maintenance, making it temporarily not available. If you think you reached this page in error, please try again later or contact us and let us know.
I already have a dc and I don't really have money to burn so it's all good.

whoa!

i just ordered mine 20 mins before u posted that they're out of stock.

weeeeeeeeeee!

sorry for anyone else that didnt get the hottest deal i've seen here in a while.

Hehe, I bought two. I mean, 15 bucks for a DC with all the necessary accesories SHIPPED, that is unbeatable.

The Dreamcast can be used to emulate SNES, NES, Genesis and play MP3's too, it's the baddest little system. You can even surf the net with it.

god I'm tempted to pick up a SNES. Then Ill have NES, Genesis (well, nomad :D), SNES, Dreamcast, N64, PSX, and Atari 2600. Then Ill need an intellivision and i'm set

hmm

/edit: where the hell are the SYSTEMS on the site??

Originally posted by OCTech
The Dreamcast can be used to emulate SNES, NES, Genesis and play MP3's too, it's the baddest little system.

you can?! i mean, emulate other game systems named. HOW?! o_O

Originally posted by kronchev
god I'm tempted to pick up a SNES. Then Ill have NES, Genesis (well, nomad :D), SNES, Dreamcast, N64, PSX, and Atari 2600. Then Ill need an intellivision and i'm set

What, no caleco?

It's sort of back now. $30 with a VMU (memory card with LCD screen). Warmish.

The B&M has the console for $14.99 if you can find one in stock anymore.

boo.... you got no jaguar. The first 64 bit machine ever made.... Shame no one took the hardware seriously and atari tried to keep it all to themselves.

Originally posted by PsyKo[H]
boo.... you got no jaguar. The first 64 bit machine ever made.... Shame no one took the hardware seriously and atari tried to keep it all to themselves.
Damn dude I always wanted a jaguar! Only place I ever heard of it or saw it for sale was Tigerdirect, though(I assume after it flopped and they were trying to get rid of it). Though I don't think any part of it was actually 64 bits wide. There was just a bunch of stuff that added up to 64 bits so they called it a 64 bit machine.

The Jaguar only had a 32-bit and 16-bit CPUs. The "64-bit" processors were the blitter and object processor (sprite engine, bitmap engine, character generator). It was as much of a 64-bit system as Pentiums are now... a 64-bit memory bus and 64/128/256 bit 2D graphic engines don't make a computer "64-bit" (or "128-bit" or 256-bit").

It failed because: 1) it was hard to program for, 2) it was buggy and 3) because of 1 and 2, few games were made for it (70-odd games, 2/3 of those by Atari itself).

However, it did have some cool functions that even 3DO didn't learn from.

Originally posted by PsyKo[H]

haha i should get one of those...i forgot to add TG-16 and Lynx to my list. man back in the day, one of the dep't stores around here had one for some reason in the eletronics section (were talking like 7-8 years ago), and I really wanted it but I was too young to have money, and when they changed store owners it was probabily tossed out :(

hehehe... I know the jaguar wasn't a "true" 64 bit machine. But it was good for braggin if anything else.

I have one jag system boxed with 9 games. I don't play it anymore. It's there just for show.

There were some sick games for it at the time, although most were crap. There was this one fighting game that was cool as hell but I can't remember the name right now.

Tempest 2000 was a good game too.

All in all, If I knew better, I would not have bought it. Now I keep it as a souvenir of gaming history. :D

One day it may be worth what I spent on it. :rolleyes:

Alien Vs. Predator and Doom 2 on Jaguar are the best console versions of both games, and Tempest 2000 was the ish!

Originally posted by laserdemon
at least of your going to post a deal, make sure its not already on the same page. this deal is at the bottom of the page. Great deal on a good system, but could have been just one post.
Well the other one was B&M ymmv and this one is online.

sure it can play snes games, but how well? Not very. And not many. It can do nes perfectly, but so can my gameboyadvanced :p
If anything this is a system for those really great games like jet grind radio, sheamu (spelling), ikurga, etc.

WHY would we add it to a less interesting thread which people are no longer reading? The deals were both different and belonged as seperate deals, editing the previous thread would have caused a misleading title.

Originally posted by laserdemon
Oh, so that means it should be in its own thread, ok, that makes since. not. It should have been an add to the other thread. but im not a mod and ill say no more.

You're an idiot and you also need to learn how to spell.

deleted, because I'm an idiot and not going to get into a pissing match with Dracon

i wanna emu genesis on my dc tell me how!

/me thinks of nhl 94 *drool*

Originally posted by OCTech
Alien Vs. Predator and Doom 2 on Jaguar are the best console versions of both games, and Tempest 2000 was the ish!

Man!!! I forgot all about Alien vs. Predator.... That game made me jump off the seat. I remember being scared to open a door in the game as a marine because of all the aliens. :D

You know how hard it is to properly emulate the Genesis' sound processor? Sega used some high quality hardware for that man!

:D

its back up for $20.

i know the Dreamcast is much, much cheaper, but a modded xbox is better for emulation... not only do i have several thousand classic roms on mine, but i can also play PSX games. w00t w00t :)

Back