Dream System? Yes.. Yes my son..

I'm actually quite surprised with the cleanliness of the case more than the power in it. This guy definitely spent a lot of time on this project.

Source Engine max is 300fps. I dunno about 1.6 :D

Only be default. Fps_max lets you set the upper limit to whatever. There probably is an actual upper limit but IDK what it is.

Awesome machine, and as Astronomica said the guy built it really well. Aww crap... that was my last pair of pants... now I have to do another wash. Thanks OP :mad:

Only be default. Fps_max lets you set the upper limit to whatever. There probably is an actual upper limit but IDK what it is.

Awesome machine, and as Astronomica said the guy built it really well. Aww crap... that was my last pair of pants... now I have to do another wash. Thanks OP :mad:

Sorry.

@_@ *drool* +1 for badassness, but why would you need an FPS of 9000? or higher than 60Hz for that matter? Only thing I can think of is slow-mo replays, but even so, seems just a TAD overpowered XD

It's more about , how much actions is going on around you vs frame rate. In a heavy fight with 10+ people around you . The fps goes down.

That's a damned nice build. Not only the power of it, but the sheer cleanliness of the build.

How many FPS would I be able to get on Counter Strike 1.6 at 800X600 with a machine like that?

The system would laugh at you, then proceed to play the game for you, and then fire up all of your pr0n, and reencode it for fun.

LOLOLOL

SKYthe

its SCI-the!

what a dummy.

I want an obsidian... Don't care too much about the mega build, I could never justify that much power. And I'm too lazy to overclock now... Not enough time to make it worth the effort.

God I hate working :(

God I hate working :(

Join the club! Overclocking a Gulftown or just about any Intel CPU in the last four years is literally five minutes work provided that you have the right cooling and decent motherboard, it's about as easy as it gets, didn't take me anytime as I just basically copied settings that I saw other people use and its worked out very well.

Join the club! Overclocking a Gulftown or just about any Intel CPU in the last four years is literally five minutes work provided that you have the right cooling and decent motherboard, it's about as easy as it gets, didn't take me anytime as I just basically copied settings that I saw other people use and its worked out very well.

As far as overclocking goes the Intel CPUs are fairly easy to work with. It gets more challenging if you are going for really high clock speeds on some CPUs, but for the most part it isn't that difficult.

As far as overclocking goes the Intel CPUs are fairly easy to work with. It gets more challenging if you are going for really high clock speeds on some CPUs, but for the most part it isn't that difficult.

yeah my q9550 fights me to death. I learned how to overclock on an MSI K8N Neo2 platinum, with a winchester 3000+... This shit is foreign to me, and I don't have the patience to learn again. XD too many settings.

With the winchester, it was clock up to 289FSB, VCore to 1.55v (Winter) or 1.6v (Summer) and Memory under 500mhz @ 3-3-3-8

And then boot.

Simple. worked every time.

now, 2.7 ghz was a LITTLE trickier. needed 3-4-4-8 2t, 1.65v vcore, only achievable in the winter (Air cooling, natch. ) and and I had to turn my graphics card OC down to keep internal temps down (It was stable without the OC in prime95 for 48 hours, but with, it would crash about 7-8hrs in)

Ahhh, the simpler times...

Wow awesome. I love the cleaness of it. I would use the water outlet for radiant floor heating in the house, think it would work well. :D

Nice build, but I have to complain because it's so expensive... I obviously would do things differently, but I'm not sure what motivated his decisions:

Cooling complaints:

- Why not fit a Quad-Radiator at the top?
- Even with the external cooling unit, I'd STILL add the top radiator for some extra cooling capacity. It could go between the CPUs and GPUs in the loop order.
- Did he have to choose the most expensive pre-built external cooling unit possible? What's wrong with a MORA-3 or a trio of Quad-Rads? I guess he didn't want to do the work and he thought the Koolance unit looked nice.

- If I REALLY wanted to run an internal cooling loop: Perhaps a 1500w PSU + a supplementary BAY PSU (not necessarily housed in a Bay) would free up some room:

- That could leave room for dual side-mounted (2 x 120.2) radiators at the bottom. I'm looking at the bottom of my 700D right now, and I think it could be done (or at least a single 140.2 radiator mounted horizontally at the very bottom). It would require some major cutting, however, so that's a probable deterrent - excessive case mutilation.

- Still, I think this internal radiator setup (including the top quad-radiator) could meet or surpass his current cooling setup's capacity (easier to use higher pressure fans and push/pull and/or shrouds when possible).

- All that money and still just Xigmatek fans? I guess he likes them... or their look.

System Complaints:

- That Velociraptor drive is just excess noise IMO. He already has the C300.
- Why get a 500GB Samsung drive when he could get 1TB? That feels like a waste of physical space.

- Running those power wires right under the X-fi is probably going to induce some noise. I had that issue with my system before I upgraded to the 700D case.

- 12GB of RAM seems a bit meager, but I suppose if it's a gaming-specific build, then it doesn't need more. I wouldn't know... never been around such a ridiculous setup, nor the display setup it warrants.

Last edited:
did you guys check out his son's pc?

even his 7yr old son has an awesome pc!

That's a really good build. He needs to fold for 33. :)

FINALLY. someone with taste.

the 800d is a monster, and most of the guys ive seen using it have butt ugly external w/c loops.

External can be done tastefully! It makes it look all frankenstein-ish. Also when theres tubes stickout out of everything, noone wants to go near it.

External can be done tastefully! It makes it look all frankenstein-ish. Also when theres tubes stickout out of everything, noone wants to go near it.

Yes, some can be, when it fits into the theme of the case.

http://www.realredraider.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=147722&postcount=65

Not a big fan of the koolance sitting beside a case look though. At least their other older units attempted to blend in sitting on the top of a Lian-Li, this just looks like an extra box sitting next to the case.

Yes, some can be, when it fits into the theme of the case.

http://www.realredraider.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=147722&postcount=65

Not a big fan of the koolance sitting beside a case look though. At least their other older units attempted to blend in sitting on the top of a Lian-Li, this just looks like an extra box sitting next to the case.

Total opposite of Miine!!!(seriously need to rephoto things...) It fits in because the (barely done) mod work on it is supposed to make it look like some kind of laboratory device! (But fedex dropped the crate a gazillion times so I found out that the res was cracked...:mad:) Still need the rest of it up to par... It's why I like custom work, it always shows off someones personality.

Those are some impressive builds; as many have said the precision and wiring are really impressive.

Back