Dragon's Dogma 2

In that Fextralife review, he mentions needing to jump through a lot of time-consuming hoops. Having the ability to reload an earlier save could prevent a lot of that, so I'm all for manual backups.

I suspect the reviews will be mostly negative due to hardware limitation of low epeen rigs on Steam. Then will turn around after they refund the game.
Hoping I can download at the top of the hour been waiting around for 2 days... eating empty chinese food and made some home made pizza from scratch last night.

Seems like lowering mesh settings and Texture pools size, are decent ways to gain back some performance for more consistent framerates. Without drastically affecting visuals.

Mesh setttings probably affect both CPU and GPU.
Texture size settings are probably mostly GPU/VRAM related. But, it could alleviate some CPU, too: if they stream a lot of stuff just in time like Starfield does.

So the retail release code has----microntransactions!

Wanna respec your character? pay.

Want more items for fast travel? pay.

Also day 1 denuvo added. Wanna restart the game a few times?----Denuvo might tell you you've exceeded the limit of your license.

Steam reviews are getting hammered.

ooof - Steam off to a great start.

Screenshot_20240321-223018.png

Anyone here having issues yet?

How is it?? Share some screenies

Last edited:

Also day 1 denuvo added. Wanna restart the game a few times?----Denuvo might tell you you've exceeded the limit of your license.

another reason why I never pre-order any game (unless it's a From Software title) no matter how much I'm looking forward to it...there's never any incentive other than some cosmetic gear or useless trinket...I need to read some reviews first and find out if the game has any technical or performance issues...it can take up to 3 months to fix where by then the game will be cheaper to buy

what publishers really need to do to incentivize pre-orders is to make them available at a cheaper price...maybe $10 cheaper if you pre-order...publishers did try making games available a few days early for pre-orders (Early Access) but that's not enough

Last edited:
Has high reviews from professional reviewers. Even for PC version. You'd think the paying real money to reset character and performance issues would get it marked down. Quite the difference between Steam reviewers.

Has high reviews from professional reviewers. Even for PC version. You'd think the paying real money to reset character and performance issues would get it marked down. Quite the difference between Steam reviewers.
From what I understand none of the micro transactions were in the review copies.

20240322044558_1.jpg
20240322053752_1.jpg

Plays just like the original I mean almost exactly with graphics that are improved. Not sure if I'll like my Mage Class but at least I can nuke stuff in the air spells location are the Inn like the orignal game. I'm only 70 minutes in. I thought it the game might look alot more modern but I'll see what it's like later. No performance lose with my 13700K and DD5 and 4080 at 1440 240hz.

Last edited:
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this

Unsurprisingly, people are upset by having the option to pay for items you can otherwise get in-game.

1711109751932.png

You don't have to pay a cent, but god forbid others might want to.

Oh, and not to mention you just need to delete your save file to start the game over again. I don't know why you'd think restarting the game would run afoul of Denuvo's timed install limit.

Microtransactions in a $70 game? What a load of garbage.

p.s. Looks like Guerilla will be getting my money, not Capcom.

Ok played it till late last night and it ran pretty well at first always above 50FPS till I got to the city. Then it started tanking in spots to 35-45. My settings are mainly high and with RT on. I played till it made me a bit nauseous then stopped. The frame rate drops really can do a number on you if you are sensitive to motion sickness. As far as CPU usage goes even in the dips, I didn't see it hit the CPU that hard the highest I noticed was 18% on my threadripper rig.

Unsurprisingly, people are upset by having the option to pay for items you can otherwise get in-game.

View attachment 643074

You don't have to pay a cent, but god forbid others might want to.
Absolutely this is something to never have in a SP game, it's about control. It means Capcom will anti-mod this game as soon as modders figure out how to do it themselves with cheat engine or modify how it works with their own mods to "protect" their revenue stream that shouldn't be there in a single player game.

Oh, and not to mention you just need to delete your save file to start the game over again. I don't know why you'd think restarting the game would run afoul of Denuvo's timed install limit.
That was a complaint in the steam reviews was from people who had been trying to get it to run on the deck/proton. And I think the save game issue are people who aren't noticing their steam cloud save settings.

I'm starting to feel a sinking feeling about having bought this and I haven't even fired it up yet. I'm going to of course pretty soon here.
Not going to lie and say I am super happy. But it is good so far. It does feel like a very nice sequel. If you liked the old game you will probably like this one. Right now it's in need of some patches. I am going to play with the settings and drop stuff to see if I can lower the dips. It's wrecking havoc for me and I also really need a FOV mod. Going through a cave type area and even though the frame rate was fine everything felt too close and made me want to hurl.

It's 2024. There are microtransactions in literally everything. As long as these things aren't exclusives or game-breaking, I couldn't care less. Just don't buy them.
The performance stuff does scare me, though. Seems like that might not be something they can fix.

Microtransactions in a $70 game? What a load of garbage.

p.s. Looks like Guerilla will be getting my money, not Capcom.
Have you played and enjoyed any Capcom game in the last 10 years? If you have, then you're being a hypocrite since Capcom has put these kinds of shortcut microtransactions in literally every single player game they've released in the past decade. That includes games like Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 4 remakes, and everybody loved those game despite the inclusion of these types of microtransactions.

The game isn't bad but your Pawns run wihout purpose the pawns will track quests for you so you can just follow them. zThere was a potion guy hidden in the weeds where my pawn showed me his location. The game is about fetch quests for the first part anyway but not majorly complex.

Last edited:
Game only allows two saves one if you save in the Inn for 2k gold plus you can manually save whenever you want. So if you messed up you can use the Inn save. Plus I have my save file backed up on a different drive.

So far this game feels like it's from 2013 not 2024 but I haven't encountered a major Boss yet that might change my opinion. I just got a quest with three bosses outside a major city.

Getting my bearings and learning but so far so good. Nothing revolutionary. Nothing egregious. Too early for me to give any meaningful feedback.

Ok played it till late last night and it ran pretty well at first always above 50FPS till I got to the city. Then it started tanking in spots to 35-45. My settings are mainly high and with RT on. I played till it made me a bit nauseous then stopped. The frame rate drops really can do a number on you if you are sensitive to motion sickness. As far as CPU usage goes even in the dips, I didn't see it hit the CPU that hard the highest I noticed was 18% on my threadripper rig.
Try it with SMT turned off. Can help game performance.

Have you played and enjoyed any Capcom game in the last 10 years? If you have, then you're being a hypocrite since Capcom has put these kinds of shortcut microtransactions in literally every single player game they've released in the past decade. That includes games like Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 4 remakes, and everybody loved those game despite the inclusion of these types of microtransactions.
Nope, haven't played any of their games with microtransactions.

not sure how the venn diagram of the people that did not care about buying items and caring about buying items being an options, but it can make sense.

Different games are different in term of caring about getting rare items, diablo it would be a major part of the game, Resident Evils it is more about the story, same for caring about modding community, some game are a single playthrought in mind other are hundreds of hours affair, like next Skyrim type game not supporting modding would be a different deal than plague requiem.

FightinCowboy said he has a 4090 and with DLSS enabled he was getting 60- 90 fps...with DLSS disabled he was getting around 30 fps...the game definitely has optimization issues if even a 4090 can't brute force it...it's not like DD2 has ray tracing or other advanced graphics features

FightinCowboy said he has a 4090 and with DLSS enabled he was getting 60- 90 fps...with DLSS disabled he was getting around 30 fps...the game definitely has optimization issues if even a 4090 can't brute force it...it's not like DD2 has ray tracing or other advanced graphics features.
I'm not defending the performance by any means but it does have RT.

Back