Dragon's Dogma 2

It's such a great idea to make the character creator available before release. I rarely spend any time in them as I just want to get into the game, might actually play with this one a bit. Saw some hilarious ones on fb too, will definitely post if I come across them again.

Screenshot_20240315_060632_Chrome.jpg

From Dark Arisen The professional

I had these guys talk about the game nonstop back in 2010 while I was unloading trucks kept on talking about Pawns. I talked to this gamer guy today he said the spells in the Online Version of Dragons Dogma were Amazing I have no idea how he knew that must of. watched a vid.

Personally the first game is dated good but was dated. Back then you had games overshadowing it like Age of Conan and Rift even real MMOs. Pawn Stars not

I will buy it eventually but i want to finish the first one before i do so. (About halfway through it atm) Got a massive backlog of games i still need to play. :)

I had these guys talk about the game nonstop back in 2010 while I was unloading trucks kept on talking about Pawns. I talked to this gamer guy today he said the spells in the Online Version of Dragons Dogma were Amazing I have no idea how he knew that must of. watched a vid.

Personally the first game is dated good but was dated. Back then you had games overshadowing it like Age of Conan and Rift even real MMOs. Pawn Stars not
IIRC the Online version was never made available outside of Japan. It was F2P. I think there was a fan translation of most of it but I don't think it was a patch. Though it is dead now as the servers were taken down already. I never tried it myself.

Like Asmongold but he needs a house cleaner. I say this as I clean Walmart and scrape gum off the floor.

It's such a great idea to make the character creator available before release. I rarely spend any time in them as I just want to get into the game, might actually play with this one a bit. Saw some hilarious ones on fb too, will definitely post if I come across them again.

This is the one I was talking about, I laughed way too hard at this 😂

IMG_0059.jpeg

looks like the review embargo lifts tomorrow...I'm going to guess 8.5- 9.0 scores

It'll be interesting to see what the reviews are like. Well, at least performance-wise. The console version is unlocked and "targeting" 30fps, but will bounce around a bit above and below that per early reports. Capcom has been good about PC ports, but they often require overly powerful hardware to make the most of. As far as the core game goes, it seems strong...but you kinda never know. Lords of the Fallen checked all the right boxes, but whiffed on a ton of intangibles.

See look at that, all of you who bought both Horizon Forbidden West and Dragon's Dogma 2 have a whole 9 hours to finish Horizon and get into this game. :)

See look at that, all of you who bought both Horizon Forbidden West and Dragon's Dogma 2 have a whole 9 hours to finish Horizon and get into this game. :)

the way I'm going about it is...which game do I think will need more patches to fix or get into relatively good shape...

the way I'm going about it is...which game do I think will need more patches to fix or get into relatively good shape...

Probably the best thing to do. I have little interest in it, the gameplay and art design looks quite generic to me. But if Horizon is bug riddled then perhaps I will look at some gameplay for this once released to see how it is.

Probably the best thing to do. I have little interest in it, the gameplay and art design looks quite generic to me. But if Horizon is bug riddled then perhaps I will look at some gameplay for this once released to see how it is.

theoretically Forbidden West should be in better shape as it's been patched for over 2 years but as we saw with Zero Dawn's PC release it still might have its own set of issues

The timing on this terrible, I took off Friday and all next week.. but to be productive 😭

I hope it needs some patches lol.

It'll be interesting to see what the reviews are like. Well, at least performance-wise. The console version is unlocked and "targeting" 30fps, but will bounce around a bit above and below that per early reports. Capcom has been good about PC ports, but they often require overly powerful hardware to make the most of. As far as the core game goes, it seems strong...but you kinda never know. Lords of the Fallen checked all the right boxes, but whiffed on a ton of intangibles.
I'm curious about performance as well. Just going by the steam page requirements it doesn't look very promising considering they are saying 30FPS for PC as well.

Attachments

• DD2 Requirements.png
    DD2 Requirements.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 1
Not sure I think that an uncapped framerate is necessarily a good thing. It's dandy for high-end PC's looking to squeeze out the most FPS, but it can be a negative for a lower-end PC with no gsync/freesync or a console that's jumping between 25-45fps at random. With my hardware it's a good thing, but in general it might not be.

Not sure I think that an uncapped framerate is necessarily a good thing. It's dandy for high-end PC's looking to squeeze out the most FPS, but it can be a negative for a lower-end PC with no gsync/freesync or a console that's jumping between 25-45fps at random. With my hardware it's a good thing, but in general it might not be.
Both AMD and NVIDIA include frame rate limiters in their control panels now. If the game doesn't have an FPS limiter as an option, you can always do it that way. Plus, RTSS still works, and is probably better with its scanline sync feature for people without a VRR-capable display.

I'm curious about performance as well. Just going by the steam page requirements it doesn't look very promising considering they are saying 30FPS for PC as well.
What would 2160i be in the context of a PC game ? If it is not a typo, is it some form of rendering only half of the 4k each frame and shifting which half ?

Last edited:
What would 2160i be in the context of a PC game ? If it is not a typo, is it some form of rendering only the 4k each frame and shifting which half ?
If I remember right when it comes to interlacing, 2160i should have the same number of scanlines as 1080p so it's either 1920x2160 or 1080x3840.
It's probably checker boarding since it's the RE engine. Either way 2160i is not the same as 4K.

If I remember right when it comes to interlacing, 2160i should have the same number of scanlines as 1080p so it's either 1920x2160 or 1080x3840.
It's probably checker boarding since it's the RE engine. Either way 2160i is not the same as 4K.
It's probably the same interlacing mode that was in RE2 remake.

Didn't Biohazard have it too?
RE remake? I'm not sure if it had an interlaced mode. I think the game was locked to 60 FPS since the engine is tied to the framerate in that case. That game runs on MT Framework.

RE remake? I'm not sure if it had an interlaced mode. I think the game was locked to 60 FPS since the engine is tied to the framerate in that case. That game runs on MT Framework.
Duh I don't know what I was thinking.

picard-double-facepalm.gif

My decision to play Forbidden West, Ghost of Tsushima, Dragon’s Dogma 2, Hellblade 2, and Shadow of the Erdtree, in that order, is now being put to the test.

I honestly cannot wait for tomorrow night, when I can finally play Forbidden West, but the sense of excitement and anticipation for Dragon’s Dogma 2 within the community is palpable.

The reviews are pretty much glowing, so far, which doesn’t help.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I started a PC specs thread on the DD2 forums woke up and it was 12 pages long. Some people are listing Tandy 2000 PCs and Intel Pentiums lol
got two Jesters out of it for some reason... Alot of people didn't make the jump to Raptor Lake Refresh when it came out I don't think anyone did.
Majority of people own AMD chips though and alot more 4090 GPUs than I expected.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/2054970/discussions/0/4289188517335737223/

IGN's performance video shows a 5800X3D can't keep a locked 60fps minimum with a 4090.

They also said the developers responded and said that they are investigating ways to alleviate the CPU demands.
I wonder how Threadripper handles the game?

IGN's performance video shows a 5800X3D can't keep a locked 60fps minimum, even with a 4090.

They also said the developers responded and said that they are investigating ways to alleviate the CPU demands

sounds like Capcom is saying this is not an easy fix (or even fixable at all):

Responding to a query about frame rate problems from IGN, Capcom said in a statement that performance issues on PC may be linked to the heavy amount of CPU demanded from NPCs in the game

"In Dragon's Dogma 2, a large amount of CPU usage is allocated to each character and dynamically calculates the impact of their physical presence in various environments. In certain situations where numerous characters appear simultaneously, the CPU usage can be very high and may affect the frame rate," a Capcom representative told IGN. "We are aware that in such situations, settings that reduce GPU load may currently have a limited effect; however, we are looking into ways to improve performance in the future"...

https://www.ign.com/articles/capcom...-2-frame-rate-issues-on-pc-looking-into-fixes

Another potentially great game ruined by terrible performance, I’ll be skipping this for some time.

Back