dragon age 2, why no choice to install?

kevdog

[H]ard|Gawd
Default to C:? Installer gave no option to install to any drive? am i stoopid?

Yup, you are missing something. I installed the game twice and both times not on my C drive

So, why don't you tell him what he is missing? In have the Steam version so can't help.

I have direct2drive version, I think its on first screen where is says custom install.

Trashcan is your only other option, which is what I chose. ;)

That's not really helping the OP. I thought the game was pretty damned good (nothing like the original but it wasn't a bad game)

Back on topic: I'm pretty sure I had it installed to the D:\ drive on my rig. I have a retail copy, I'll check when I get back from my business trip tomorrow if you guys still haven't gotten this figured out.

That's not really helping the OP. I thought the game was pretty damned good (nothing like the original but it wasn't a bad game)

Back on topic: I'm pretty sure I had it installed to the D:\ drive on my rig. I have a retail copy, I'll check when I get back from my business trip tomorrow if you guys still haven't gotten this figured out.

I was just being sarcastic and in no way shape or form was my post intended to help the OP. :eek:

If it's Steam, it goes where ever your Steam folder is. If you want the game to be at another location while you play it (eg. SSD for speedier load times), you can install it normally then use a tool like this: http://www.stefanjones.ca/steam/

Basically creates a virtual folder link. Games work just fine.

Back