dragged and dropped something I should have in Win 7

raglafart

Limp Gawd
Can anyone help me get a couple of icons back into the "All programs menu" in the Start Menu.
I dragged the Office "Outlook" and "Publisher" icons from the "All programs menu" onto to the desk top thinking I was just placing a link on the desk top.
What I've done is actually remove them from the All programs menu and put them on the desk top.
It's not a big deal, but I'd like to know if there is a way without reload the software to get them back to the right place.
Thanks John

Can you right click the desktop and hit undo?

Otherwise, the folder you want to move them back to is:

C:\ProgramData(this folder is hidden)\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Can anyone help me get a couple of icons back into the "All programs menu" in the Start Menu.
I dragged the Office "Outlook" and "Publisher" icons from the "All programs menu" onto to the desk top thinking I was just placing a link on the desk top.
What I've done is actually remove them from the All programs menu and put them on the desk top.
It's not a big deal, but I'd like to know if there is a way without reload the software to get them back to the right place.
Thanks John

You probably already figured this out but from now on any time you want to create a shortcut from a program listed in All Program simply right click the program, hover over Send To and you'll see an option for Desktop (create shortcut). It actually takes less time than dragging.

Back