Down a machine!!!

jljenkins28

Limp Gawd
Well, I had a machine bite the big one. Looks like the motherboard has some bulging capacitors. So now I'm down an E6300 SMP machine. I need a replacment. I was using this: GIGABYTE GA-945GCM-S2C. Any suggestions for a replacement that is not real hard on the budget?

Abit IP35-E can be had for 50-60, same wtih the gigabyte G35 DS3L... both are decent will oc fairly well... My experience is the Abits oc a bit better having 3 Gigabytes and 4 Abits...

Replace the caps as long as it didn't fry the board. I did so myself for a customer's Emachine and it's now working flawlessly again. You only have to match the uF not the voltage, and voltage will work as long as it's not LOWER than the old cap.

Replace the caps as long as it didn't fry the board. I did so myself for a customer's Emachine and it's now working flawlessly again. You only have to match the uF not the voltage, and voltage will work as long as it's not LOWER than the old cap.

I might have to try this. If it does work, I'll use it in another machine. In the meantime, I took Sunin's advice and bought an IP35-E off of eBay.

As long as you have a decent iron, its not that bad to do. Just take your time and you'll be fine.

Back