Doom III: Project Mars City (Comments Thread)

CrimsonSky said:
As soon as i get some free time over the weekend I'll take a few shots--It's been on semi-hold for a while until i complete another obligation--very soon!

Excellent.....I'm also dying for some new pics dude.....this has really been "one to follow" and I'm looking foward to seeing it coming closer and closer to completion.

CrimsonSky said:
As soon as i get some free time over the weekend I'll take a few shots--It's been on semi-hold for a while until i complete another obligation--very soon!
yay! You've taken tons of pics of different parts, but I wanna see the whole thing put together.. beautiful case... :eek: :eek:

elite.mafia said:
yay! You've taken tons of pics of different parts, but I wanna see the whole thing put together.. beautiful case... :eek: :eek:

Yeah, a couple "wide angle" shots of the whole thing in its current state would be nice. ;)

cornelious0_0 said:
Yeah, a couple "wide angle" shots of the whole thing in its current state would be nice. ;)
I'd agree. I don't care as much about the beauty of the fine detail if I can't even see the whole damn thing in the first place. :D

cornelious0_0 said:

Well I'm just not ready to show it in its current state. :D Guess I'm just a fussy artist ;)

CrimsonSky said:
hehehe..me too man...hang in there --I'm still on a project with a very strict deadline..I'll have pics by week's end-promise ;)
CrimsonSky said:
Well I'm just not ready to show it in its current state. :D Guess I'm just a fussy artist ;)
Haha you're out of time... the week ends on Saturday!

oh come on crim its been a week... LET US SEE IT!!! or ill kill you.

elite.mafia said:
oh come on crim its been a week... LET US SEE IT!!! or ill kill you.
That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. I've had such a boring day. :D

/me twitches from lack of updates...
/me drools thoughtlessly over the impending doom show.......

If u kill him... he'll come back as a zombie... made of bondo... and indestructibo...
not to haunt or kill, but to mod forever...

Bookmage said:
/me twitches from lack of updates...
/me drools thoughtlessly over the impending doom show.......

If u kill him... he'll come back as a zombie... made of bondo... and indestructibo...
not to haunt or kill, but to mod forever...

hahaha..heee Thats pretty damn funny--you peeps are too much :D

Come on Crimson, give us some more pics. I can't wait to see more....
drools....

CrimsonSky said:
hahaha..heee Thats pretty damn funny--you peeps are too much :D

thats it? no update? no pics? just a lil comment..
u are heartless...
we'll have to make a heart for u...
or steal one...

new heart by bondo...
selectively brought to u by doom 3...

/me pictures Crim making a little heart and sticking it to the floor... in a pool of blood...with a little red led... that slowly turns on and off...

Bookmage said:
thats it? no update? no pics? just a lil comment..
u are heartless...
we'll have to make a heart for u...
or steal one...

new heart by bondo...
selectively brought to u by doom 3...

/me pictures Crim making a little heart and sticking it to the floor... in a pool of blood...with a little red led... that slowly turns on and off...

LMAO...Then.....morphing slowly into a zombie (using milliputty of course) he comes back to this forum and finishes his damn mod!!!

Take your time Crimson...It's your work. I got time.....I know it will be worth the wait.

Tripper said:
LMAO...Then.....morphing slowly into a zombie (using milliputty of course) he comes back to this forum and finishes his damn mod!!!
And then he'll eat our brains! :eek:
Take your time Crimson...It's your work. I got time.....I know it will be worth the wait.
Damn right!

Modding is like sex, you have to take your time and do it right or you'll just have a bunch of pissed off people. :D

LMAO...so true.

I know everyone is anxious to see the progress on this...but in CrimsonSkye's defense, he does more with his life than just mod cases....so be patient. Plus...I know it will be worth the wait even if it takes a year.

So all you guys demanding pics and everything....quit sitting on your butt and mod a case and YOU post some pics. I'll be checking the thread for all the new submissions...........

this is being dragged off topic because crimson wont give us more pics of his awesome case! I am polishing and sharpening my knife btw... and painting my deagle black so you dont see light shing off it when i come and kill you.... lol

Tripper said:
LMAO...so true.

I know everyone is anxious to see the progress on this...but in CrimsonSkye's defense, he does more with his life than just mod cases....so be patient. Plus...I know it will be worth the wait even if it takes a year.

So all you guys demanding pics and everything....quit sitting on your butt and mod a case and YOU post some pics. I'll be checking the thread for all the new submissions...........

More ... to life... than case mods???
:eek:

Send some raw materials over and I'll move XCOM mod into construction phase.
Or maybe I should do the Dark Angel one...

Tripper said:
LMAO...so true.

Very well said

That's awesome work with the mechanical aspects of the project. Not too many mods have a working airlock and such :) On a separate note it shouldn't be hard to put Crimson in the game. Just create a doom level that has a zombie with a custom skin on him. He can do that thing where he eats the fat zombie but instead he'll be bending down and work on a comp case. And if he sees you he'll come after you with an exacto knife or something.

Mysticcal said:
Are you going to custom the CD rom holder? so little rock formations in the CD Disk tray form it?

I dont want to add any more weight to the CD tray--I will be painting whatever drive I decide to use, but for now it looks like it will be some flavor of dual layer DVD burner or thePlextor 712SA SATA The Plextor 716A is dual layer capable but from what i understand its not sata, which is a plus when considering cabling. I do have a ide/sata converter lying around, but I wonder about its usefulness on the 716A.

Ok, Mashie updated his thread, it's your turn now ;) Go on, get the camera out of the drawer, aim it at the mod and click the button numerous times, it's easy. If I was there I'd demonstrate how easy :D, but I'm not so you're just gonna have to trust me on this one :)

haha you're too kind.. i was about to say "Crimson.. mashie just punked your ass.. he PM'd me and said your mod sucked cuz you have no more pics.. uhh no you cant see the pm" ahha anyways We all know genius/art takes time, but dont take too long. MOD ON!!

Actually I havent touched the Doom3 Mod in about two weeks.Sooo..there will not be any updates until I actually get something done ;)

guess that is what happens when you have real work and not just a fun mod (no matter how good that fun mod is going to be) since the fun ones usually don't pay the bills!

Bookmage said:
More ... to life... than case mods???
:eek:

Send some raw materials over and I'll move XCOM mod into construction phase.
Or maybe I should do the Dark Angel one...

An XCOM mod? I think that could be PIMP since the first 2 XCOM games sure were. Shit wheres a sequel worth of the name XCOM? No more of the trash theyve been putting the XCOM name on. Cmon most of the work has been done - just license the Silent Storm engine... please? Someone? Pretty please?

Sorry its a little off topic - its just that... whenever someone mentions XCOM, I get hit with the nostaglia, and the warm feeling that someone else out there knows how FUCKINGAWESOME XCOM is =)

PS: Oh and uh yeah... "give us some pics Crimson" <shakes fist angrily> hahaha =)

problem with watching a great mod unfold is that its hard to wait till the next update..........

9mmx19 said:
An XCOM mod? I think that could be PIMP since the first 2 XCOM games sure were. Shit wheres a sequel worth of the name XCOM? No more of the trash theyve been putting the XCOM name on. Cmon most of the work has been done - just license the Silent Storm engine... please? Someone? Pretty please?

Sorry its a little off topic - its just that... whenever someone mentions XCOM, I get hit with the nostaglia, and the warm feeling that someone else out there knows how FUCKINGAWESOME XCOM is =)

PS: Oh and uh yeah... "give us some pics Crimson" <shakes fist angrily> hahaha =)

Yes... my simple XCOM mod is in the design stages...
and it's further than that XCOM movie... :p
Wish I the Crimson skills for it...
W'e'll see how it goes.
Teaser for you... until Crimson can build a time machine... or clone a zombie...

http://www.exosquad.net/Lightning/XCOM-Pin%20Closeup1.JPG

The[H]uman said:
so far this thead as been viewed 564,277 .. :eek:
lol nice spam.

im tring to get my friends to go out with me (i cant drive :( ) but so far they dont want to. but hopefully tonight we will be going

ive said this be4.. and ill say it again:. SHOW THE CASE OR DIE

elite.mafia said:
ive said this be4.. and ill say it again:. SHOW THE CASE OR DIE

How old are you? :rolleyes:

Take your time Crimsonsky, it's your project, your decisions. Show it when you're ready.

diablo111 said:
How old are you? :rolleyes: .
I'd guess less then 14. :D
Anyways maybe this thread needs another round of cleanup by one of the local mods. How about it Flecom?

CrimandEvil said:
I'd guess less then 14. :D
Anyways maybe this thread needs another round of cleanup by one of the local mods. How about it Flecom?

I'll second that....the first half anyways.....the thread isn't THAT bad. :p

sigh... im 13.. this thread has gone a few pages with no pictures and it needs updating..

Back