Doom 3...BEAT!

skinegibbs

Limp Gawd
Well took me about 18 hours...but i finally beat it , very cool game.

Took out screenshots so it wouldnt ruin anyones games and added a new thread.

Forgot to add....no manuals , no outside help , just running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

Is it more than just walking through dark hallways and shooting zombies...is it actually semi interesting?

I haven't beat the game yet, but I've found it far more interesting and involving than Far Cry. After the initial shock of seeing the graphical glory that is Far Cry, I quickly lost interest in what I feel is a pretty crappy single player experience... I just kind of lost the will to keep moving forward. Doom III, on the other hand, is quite good. As I posted in another thread, it seems to combine the successful elements of several good games: Half-Life, System Shock 2, and of course, the original Doom games.

I'd like to know this as well, is the story actually somewhat interesting. I'll buy it anyway :D

well not to get into details but basically its like you are around the base quite a bit finding people/items and repairing stuff , then you go into the depths of hell and have a few bosses , then you find yourself exiting that and finding this huge ass boss...ill post pics if you want of the last boss and/or hell

k , give me a few minutes and ill upload some pics of various parts of the game.

If someone can find me a batch converter for tga to jpg , ill have em up quicker.

EDIT: Converted..pics will be up soon.

I have played 6 or 7 levels...it has all been the same thing...dark halls with zombies popping up from nowhere....I am sorry to say but I hope it will be more than this....yes the game is beautiful ...very but so far I have yet to see something else than hallways with the standard pipes leaking gas and doors to open with "access cards" tell me I am wrong and it picks up later!!!!!!

I feel like a wussy... I keep gettin shitless after every bit so im fairly slow at this... Im still trying to get into Alpha lab...

***SPOILER MAYBE***

After that damn part with the first demon circle and then the 5 flame dudes spawning i got shitless heh... those damn dogzies are also freaky as hell...easy but freaky... Man... this game isnt that great, it looks sweet, is fun, not an amazing story but still....ill be playing it for a LONG ass time...

yea...i kept thinkin i was on the last level for like 5 levels , then i found a secret room and it had a ID Card and you open it in your PDA and it has the whole crew saying there thanks and dedications...

level 9, finaly I have almost allt he weapons now. 28 levels, holy shit,

I don't think it's the same thing every time, about every 3 levels the gameplay has compleatly changed...

I may break for some BFV, so how is the multiplayer in doom 3? Worth the money or after you beat the game or is that it? (not that the singleplayer is bad, just that I like replay value :) )

I'm enjoying my legally bought copy tonight. It's not addicting. The visuals are great but this game simply crushes my 9800Pro. The sound is whats truely amazing. More so than the graphics. The graphics imo aren't a whole lot better than FarCry's indoor stuff. But the sounds are super creepy and when stuff comes outta the dark moaning and snarling its friggin sweet.

skinegibbs said:
Yea...sounds were craziness , play with sound full blast and lights out =P

That is exactly why I cant play this thing constantly :( Damn my 5.1 speakers and my loud volume crave!

MechWarrior said:
That is exactly why I cant play this thing constantly :( Damn my 5.1 speakers and my loud volume crave!

Even when i knew it was coming...still jumped...

My family had quite the fun laughing at me.

Is it just me or does the music in Doom sound like its made my Tool?

It's not, it sounds a lot like Tool, even the theme song has some riff thats sound a lot like riffs in lateralus, so much so even Trent Reznor thought Tool did the music for it...but there was news release later that another person did the music.....but yea sounds a lot like Tool...a little to much

skinegibbs said:
Even when i knew it was coming...still jumped...

My family had quite the fun laughing at me.

lol my dad laughs at me too. and they think "its just a game" so i told him, "after i am done with it you can have a go and we'll see if you jump or not"

agreed, dont get the game for multiplayer. The singple player story is amazing, but I am not very far and im giong to stop playing for now. I am running on a Ti4200 ( have a modded 9800Pro, but my motehrboard doesnt like it) and when I get my NF7-S tomorrow, I I will put mu 9800. The frame rates are almost unpalyable and I dont want to develope a biased opinion on the game. Until then, nice screens, what system is that running on?

However, as far as sounds go, I agree with the masses. I have a 600W 5.1 setup and an audigy 2. Lights out, phone unplugged, volume al lthe way up. I can safly say I have jumped quite a few times....whew surround sound is bitchin in this game

winhqwebmstr said:
So no outdoor maps like in the original doom? Oh yeah ss of boss would be nice too :D

are you kidding? that SUCKS. my friend made a gameplay video and in the beginning you have to quick walk outside, onto the surface, and its scary as hell.

damn i was hoping to ruin some shit out there.

Mojo said:
Music is done by Tool.

Proof? Everything I've seen says tweaker did it. Hell, Chris Vrenna even put the song up on his personal website for a while. There's been press releases. Interviews. Tons of stuff. The only thing I've seen about Tool doing it was on NIN's site, and my guess is that Trent Reznor was intentionally poking fun at Chris Vrenna.

Mojo said:
Music is done by Tool.

Yea Trent thought Tool did it...thats what he posted on his web site...but ID even came out and thanked Chris for doing it.....

check this link out if you don't believe

Ign interview

Yeah, what level did you play on?

I could see people racing thru it to win the fastest game like that dude for HL in 1 hour.

I think the default level for bragging should be medium. It took the reviewers 23 hours or so to finish.

Anyway, I'm sure someone with a ton of time on their hand is going to disect every level and set a record.

I just found out the default level is Marine, so that should be the one everyone compares their time too.
If you do Veteran then I guess you rock.
And nightmare, wow, I'm sure someone is gonna do it and post a full writeup.

I would consider "Hard" level a minimum for this sort of single player game.
Below that seems...like something a small kid would do, I mean. the point of DOOM3 is th scare you...and the harder it gets the more intense the gameplay...I would have wished that they only had 2 levels of difficulty in the game...Hard an Nightmare...that would stop people from just crusing through...

Terra said:
I would consider "Hard" level a minimum for this sort of single player game.
Below that seems...like something a small kid would do, I mean. the point of DOOM3 is th scare you...and the harder it gets the more intense the gameplay...I would have wished that they only had 2 levels of difficulty in the game...Hard an Nightmare...that would stop people from just crusing through...

Have you played the game yet? Probably not, its no cruise on the medium level and it does not affect how scary it is.

Back