Lol. You are too funny. Moving the goal posts constantly. At some point tonight I am gonna illustrate and educate you on the topic at hand. No time now.

There is no goal post moving. The two APIs will exist side by side. That's all I've said this entire time. You are trying to argue this is not true because you like DX12 and Vulkan more. You can have your own preference, you cannot have your own facts.

Done with this silly nonsense. Bye.

There is no goal post moving. The two APIs will exist side by side. That's all I've said this entire time. You are trying to argue this is not true because you like DX12 and Vulkan more. You can have your own preference, you cannot have your own facts.

This is basically the IHV statement as well.

If you don't really need it, there's no need to force it. The older APIs will still be there.

No one said they could not.

Thank you for also saying the thing I said about someone saying a thing that was said by someone.

I am glad we're all on the same page. I've since fired off a tweet to the POTUS letting him know we've come to a logical conclusion and that the matter can be considered settled.

Let me start with this statement of yours:
They aren't limiting, they just serve different goals. There are very good reasons why you would not want low-level access even in a bleeding edge 3D application. You'll still see games ship using DX 11.3 or OGL instead of DX12 or Vulkan.

First you will notice I post the whole quote not just part, that is what shills do or those that have no basis for their argument. This is in fact the statement that I decided to base our following discussions on. And yes you did mention in the previous post about the continued existence of DX11/OGL which in a matter of FACT no one said anything about, only you attempted to sway the discussion in that regard. But for the sake of my involvement... the above quote is so far off base and asinine.

First they don't serve different goals in the way you are trying to make it sound. Think of it like this: (CAR ANALOGY TIME--- I know you guys love it ;) ) First there were carburetors then Fuel injection both metering fuel to the engine. Akin to DX and you see that both DX11 and then DX12 serve to make the image on your screen. Not different purposes but rather the same one with different means of getting there. Now back to the car analogy: Now as much as I love carburetors I have to admit fuel injection is better and the way of the future (already is - future here). Same for DX12.

DX11/OGL have the same limitations hence the reason for DX12/Vulkan. If they in fact were so perfect then we would not have newer versions. Now the fact that you see no improvement with your current rig does not mean DX12 is not better, but rather you lack the necessary equipment to utilize its advances. Now keep in mind this is early in DX12s development cycle so some of the current games that utilize both early and new version do not adequately give true results for future implementations.

As far as your asinine-waste-of-space argument about dual APIs, well no crap, really... is this supposed to be news. But if you are alluding to DX11 being forever then you must have precious little memory of all past APIs. Eventually after a new API, previous versions will disappear. Also keep in mind that previous versions much like the current API are tied to Windows editions ie: XP - Vista - 7 - 8 - 8.1 - 10 and because migration to newer windows versions were slow dual APIs were necessary. However this time Win10s adoption rate is steep and honestly mindblowing.

Steam shows : ( Since we are talking about gamers )

Win10 44.96%/1.59%

Win7 32.05%/6.66%

Sorry but DX12 is looking a might bit pretty especially when you add the fact that Microsoft is releasing most Xbox games as DX12 only, like Quantum break and Forza.

So as you can see it isn't so rosy for older APIs, although they probably wont die out within the next 2 years but you are gonna see quite a few games release as DX12 only. Like it or not that is how it goes. But thankfully there is Vulkan for those holdouts that don't want win10.

His post was from June, maybe it got patched?

So good news! I re-enabled my full CPU on my workstation and loaded up DEWM with all 28 threads and it ran awesome. So they've obviously patched up whatever was causing the issue. Also, after driver and game updates, Im getting 10-20% better performance than before.

Can you two girls stop already? It's OBVIOUS you're not going to get through to each other. Shit.

Can you two girls stop already? It's OBVIOUS you're not going to get through to each other. Shit.
Do you having something of substance to add or just flinging insults? It is apparent I got thru being the inane posts ended.

If you can't stand being called a girl, once mind you, you need to cowboy up. I was called a lot worse for nearly a nearly a year by Drill Sergeants.

Last edited:
If you can't stand being called a girl, once mind you, you need to cowboy up. I was called a lot worse for nearly a nearly a year by Drill Sergeants.

What the hell would take a year to finish? Marine Corp boot camp is only 13 weeks or so long and was the only time I was under the thumb of Drill Sergeants. Of course, Ledra would like this because if there is one thing he has made his dislike clear on, it is all AMD hardware. ;)

What the hell would take a year to finish? Marine Corp boot camp is only 13 weeks or so long and was the only time I was under the thumb of Drill Sergeants. Of course, Ledra would like this because if there is one thing he has made his dislike clear on, it is all AMD hardware. ;)

He was on the 12 month plan.

Wow cool story bro. This is a computer hardware forum so that doesn't really seem relevant. Though I do agree that somebody else in this thread is being a little sensitive...

Army basic + AIT (job training). When you have a GOOD job in the Army like I did, MOS 74B, Info Sys Operator, training takes a while.

Army basic + AIT (job training). When you have a GOOD job in the Army like I did, MOS 74B, Info Sys Operator, training takes a while.

Considering the minimal qualifications it takes, and the technologies dealt with- yes.... it would take a while.

Your opinion only counts if you served as well. Otherwise carry on civilian.

This is America. Opinions count everywhere. What did they teach you in the military? Fascism?

You are not of higher class as an American because you served. You do not have the right to look down on anyone.

However, thank you for your service.

This is America. Opinions count everywhere. What did they teach you in the military? Fascism?

You are not of higher class as an American because you served. You do not have the right to look down on anyone.

However, thank you for your service.

Attention to detail would help. You were commenting on how the marine said 13 weeks and somehow I was on a "12 month plan." Opinion doesn't count for shit. That's the problem with America today. Show me some cold hard facts and I'll be with you. But I could give two shits about your opinion. I wasn't looking down on you. I was looking down on your "opinion" of military training.

"No one loves the warrior until the enemy is at the gate." - Unknown; I wished it was me.

Attention to detail would help. You were commenting on how the marine said 13 weeks and somehow I was on a "12 month plan." Opinion doesn't count for shit. That's the problem with America today. Show me some cold hard facts and I'll be with you. But I could give two shits about your opinion. I wasn't looking down on you. I was looking down on your "opinion" of military training.

"No one loves the warrior until the enemy is at the gate." - Unknown; I wished it was me.

Drop your pants, fire a rocket, and here's a cookie.

Yeah but, why would you need Drill Sergeants for you MOS training? Serious question since the only time I have ever seen them is in boot camp. I am old enough now that my MOS is ancient and completely gone. :) (Just 49 though.)

Yeah but, why would you need Drill Sergeants for you MOS training? Serious question since the only time I have ever seen them is in boot camp. I am old enough now that my MOS is ancient and completely gone. :) (Just 49 though.)

I got out of AIT in 2004. As of then, as I believe it still is, you have Drills in both Basic and AIT in the Army.

Ah, forgot about this thread. Dunno if anyone linked to it here yet (I'd guess not), but I recorded myself playing through the demo on my A10-6800k & RX 480 at 1440p. All four cores were pegged at 100% most of the time, avg fps stayed around 60 for the most part, drooped to 40-45 during heavy action, I think the lowest I saw was in the 30s but just for a second.

I bought it today, couldn't pass up 50% off. They have it @ 50% off bundled with the steam controller for 40%, the total being under $60 for both. I almost did it but I got loads of Xbox 360 controllers already and limited funds.

Seems @ 1080p with all settings maxed except DOF and Radial Blur (never use em or like em) I get between 100-110fps. This with a [email protected]/R9-290@1100/1400. Seems the stats show equal frametimes between both CPU and GPU. When I was @4,0 on the 8350 it definitely looked to be more CPU constrained but that was at 120fps lower shadows. May try the [email protected] (my normal gaming speed) tomorrow and see how the frametimes change but looks like with the current maxed settings the GPU is the bottleneck. BOTTLENECK, lol now that is fuuny when you can run a new game at max settings and get over 100fps.

Back