Don't like my new Logitech G500. Need another recommendation based off issues.

OldM3ta

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi guys. I just bought a new rig. I ordered a Logitech G500 with it. But it's going back. When I click on the LMB (left mouse button), near the center of the mouse, if my palm is too much towards the bottom, the mouse makes a really hollow sound. It's an annoying sound and the click is different if I were to press the LMB towards the top of the mouse.

Also, when I'm wheel scrolling, sometimes when I get to the part of the page I want to stop at, the mouse wheel goes back up just a little moving my page up above from where I thought I stopped it. This only goes away if I press the button under the mouse and activate the mouse-wheel-clicking thing. Where as you roll it, it clicks instead of being a smooth wheel.

Anyone have as suggestion for an equivalent alternative without these nuances? Also, if you gave a G500 and read this, let me hear your take if your mouse does this too. Thanks.

Last edited:
my hand is so big that my fingers are always way towards the front of my g500... if i click towards the back of the button it does sound a bit different.

personally i have no issues with the scroll on mine i usually leave mine on the fast scrolling but either way it stops where i stop.

sorry it aint working out for you..... I loved my G5 mice more than i thought i'd ever love any mouse ...until my g5 finally broke and i got the G500

Thanks for checking for me the sound difference and chiming in about the mouse wheel. If anyone else has recommendations for alternatives, please fill me in.

Idk my G9x has the similar wheel click on/off with no issue but the clicks are very different, the clicks were one thing I wasn't a fan of on the mx518 and similar mice in that line.

If little things like that bother you I'd also advice against the Rat7 as my mouse wheel feels pretty similar to the G9x with the wheel click on, and squeaks a little bit

Thanks for the warning on the Rat7. Still looking for a good alternative.

If you like the size and shape of the G500, try either the G400 or G700. They're very similar in shape and size but are built much better. I own the G400 and G700 and tried a G500 but didn't like it so I exchanged it.

The G400 is hard to beat for the price. It has a very solid feel to it so that might be the one for you to look at.

The G700 is pretty good. I've got a couple of them. Though they are a bit too narrow for my hands after prolonged gaming. I just got a R.A.T.7 last night. Wanted to try something different and it sure as hell is. Still tweaking it. But the mouse wheel does click like the G500's does when not in smooth mode. There is no smooth mode for the R.A.T.7.

Back