Does this software exist?

TheSmJ

2[H]4U
Now that I'm moving into a house, I'm splitting up my BT server from the machine that plays videos to the TV. To play videos, I'll be using XBMC running on a Raspberry Pi, while BT runs in Vuze on a separate machine connected though a wired Gb connection. So, I'm looking for software which can take the downloaded RARs, and automatically unpack them into another folder once the download is finished, leaving the source files alone to reseed.

I tried the software AutoUnpack, and while it does most of what I want, it keeps re-extracting the RARs even though the files already exist in the destination folder. This is of course both unnecessary, and puts unneeded load on the server. Try as I might, I can't get this program to behave the way I want it to.

So, what other options are there out there? I'm sure I'm not the only one who has looked for such a solution.

I'd suggest you write some custom shell scripts. It would be very easy of you're under Linux, but I have a suspicion you're not.. oh i see your signature now.

Is it movies/TV content? If so SickBeard and/or CouchPotato?

Back