Does this exist?

Incinerator

Limp Gawd
I'm not sure if this is the right section or not but here goes.

My dad has a DVR/cable box (tuner?) through time warner, and he has another TV but he didn't want to pay the extra cost for the DVR so he just got the cable box. However, he is interested in a DVR for that TV, but he doesn't want to pay monthly fees. He was also curious if there were DVRs out there that had the ability to burn a specified recording to a DVD.

Because of that second part I thought HTPC but I really have no idea.

Does this monstrosity even exist as a premade product or is the only option for it to be homemade? would it work in conjunction with the cable box or would that have to be replaced?

Thanks

More info about the cable is needed. Digital? Encrypted? Analog stations only? HD?

If he gets the stations he wants to record on the second tv already, how about just picking up a simple dvd recorder from walmart for $50 and setting it to record the shows he wants?

Yeah, you want a hybrid PVR DVD burner If you can find it outside of the UK you're pretty lucky.

If he wants to record in HD, then that might throw a wrench into things. Otherwise, just a simple standalone scheduleable DVD recorder would do the trick.

Back