Does Microsoft own Steam ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantrax

Gawd
I bought the Games for Windows version of Metro 2033 for $50 from a local store. I get home, pop in the cd, try to install the game, but I have to log into my Steam account. Then I have to wait for Steam to update itself, then I have to restart Steam & log-on again. Then I get to type in the activation code & instead of installing the game off the cd, Steam starts to D/L the game from their Slower than Shit servers. About an hour or so later I'm still fuckin waiting to play my $50 game. When Finally it's done !!! No they were only fuckin kidding because now I have to wait for the game update to download !! So another 20 minutes later & finally I can start to play my game which I don't even want to F'in play anymore because I'm too tired from waiting for all Steams slower than crap D/Ls to get done. So I was wondering if Microsoft & Uncle Billy Bought Steam. Because they really want me to buy an X-Box & play all my games on it instead of my PC. Anyone else had this wonderfull experience with a product you paid good $ for ????

Last edited by a moderator:
Valve runs Steam. MS is not involved.

Did the box make any mention of the activation?

I'm just blowing off STEAM !!!!! Get it that's a joke. But waiting over an hour to go thru this DRM bullshit for a product you pay for is really beyond ridiculous.

If you buy a steamworks game in retail you can choose to install off of the disc, you don't have to download from the webs.

I tried to install off the cd but it switched to the D/L. Is there a different version of the game I need to buy? Or do I have to turn off my internet connection? What's the cd install trick????

Because waiting hours for a 15 minute install & play is bullshit & will ruin the PC gaming industry. Screw AMD/ATI & N'Vidia & Microsoft Windows anything I'll just buy a console & pop in a game & play. No more fucking with money hungry game, hardware, & operating system whores. Like they haven't got enuff of our cash for their latest greatest crap that they upgrade 2 weeks after U buy it !!!!

Because waiting hours for a 15 minute install & play is bullshit & will ruin the PC gaming industry. Screw AMD/ATI & N'Vidia & Microsoft Windows anything I'll just buy a console & pop in a game & play. No more fucking with money hungry game, hardware, & operating system whores. Like they haven't got enuff of our cash for their latest greatest crap that they upgrade 2 weeks after U buy it !!!!

Do you feel better now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back