Does Anyone Make a P67/Z68 Motherboard Without Issues

Paragon54

Limp Gawd
I have been building, reasearching and writing about almost every facet of the computer enthusiast community for quite some time. It seems that just about every recent motherboard of either the P67/Z68 platform has had one or more long term issues associated with them. I define a long term issue as one that is still present after 2-3 BIOS revisions. This coupled with the Cougar Point issue leading to the B3 revision makes it seem that this has been going on forever.

That being said, does anyone know of a manufacturer that currently is producing a P67/Z68 series motherboard that is completely free of long term issues?

Take into account that the people whose boards are working just fine are the least likely to post about it on forums, and the people having issues are the most vocal. Though I understand the FUD you get into when buying a new board.... going through the same thing as I contemplate upgrading to SB.

I'm loving my Gigabyte Z68 based board :cool:

Alot of people that complain and moan are alot of the time very inexperienced, see Newegg reviews.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet, including this post.

Well, if reliability is you thing, Intel boards are usually the best bet. They very much have an enterprise focus. That does mean you aren't going to get all of the nifty features of some of the "gamer" type boards but they should work real well. I've had great luck with Intel boards in the past.

Currently I use an MSI P67A-GD65 because Intel didn't have SB boards on the market when I wished to buy. It has worked very well and there aren't any major issues. Only complaints I have are:

1) It resets your settings when you update the BIOS, so you have to go change them back.

2) It's interface is ugly and not that well organized. Works fine, just isn't user friendly.

Nothing major though.

ASUS CSM variants, too. Maybe ECS boards, if you don't go for the overclocking models (ECS is a MAJOR OEM/OEM supplier).

Take into account that the people whose boards are working just fine are the least likely to post about it on forums, and the people having issues are the most vocal. Though I understand the FUD you get into when buying a new board.... going through the same thing as I contemplate upgrading to SB.

I was scared to death by these forums when deciding on a P67 motherboard. I ended up going with an Asus board and have been very happy since.

No trouble so far with the MIVE-Z. Runs really stable once I ironed out that the memory I was using just wasn't too compatible with the board. Now everything is running super smooth. Couldn't be happier.

Thanks for all the replies. I've used several Asus and two Intel boards last 15+ years and had good experiences with both. I currently have the Asus P6X58D Premium and an Intel 965 ES (Yes I got it from Intel to review) that work flwalessly together. I have the upgrade itch and really want to scratch it with something even faster but just as reliable.

Back