do you just gotta have that X800 XT PE now? here's your chance...

ozziegn

The man behind the curtain...
okay, I've seen it all now.

check this out.

its an ebay auction for an X800 XT PE thats currently going for $720 with 11+ hours to go.

and here I thought that $500+ was insane for a video card and now I see this. this is truly a sign of people having more money (or credit card debt) than they know what to do with it.

unbelievable...

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Damn....someone just out bid my $700 bid.....j/k

That is insane to pay that much more for something like that.

Did you know that your sig shows up on google....I did a search for the quote, and a [H] post from you is the top result....your famous dude!!!

i thought those who pre orderd are getting it within teh next 2 weeks?
I( bet he doesnt evenb have teh card yet, he preordered and hes sellign that preorder that he bought at gateway, and wll get a cd-w one.... lol
Thx for teh winning bid, your product will shipe in 1-2 weeks.... have fun! :eek:

Sun_tzu617 said:
i thought those who pre orderd are getting it within teh next 2 weeks?
I( bet he doesnt evenb have teh card yet, he preordered and hes sellign that preorder that he bought at gateway, and wll get a cd-w one.... lol
Thx for teh winning bid, your product will shipe in 1-2 weeks.... have fun! :eek:

He has it. See?

Auction said:
I have this item in-hand and it is ready to ship immediately after payment is received. Payment is due within 24 hours of auction close.

There was a guy on the forum a few weeks back with one. He could very well do this, and then buy another one on pre-order.

I wonder how much a hardmodded x800pro----->XT would go for on Ebay, hehehe.... Not that I would even think of doing that on the off chance my mod works. Still working up the nerve to try it. (As well as trying to find a stupid conductive pen)
-Jess

What people seem to forget is that some countries have taxes they got to pay and in some countries you can´t even buy a X800XT and in some they are just incredible expensive!

720$ is retail price in Sweden for a X800XT PE and there is many places they are even more expensive.

I think the only ones not understanding this are people who live in either north america or taiwan

I did bid on an ebay auction knowing very well that he would preorder it from bestbuy on the 31st of may.

Why? Because virtually no store in the entire north America ship overseas since it´s not beneficial at all to them and it´s to much scams going on. Even if you pay in advance they won´t make business with you because of insurance and fraud issues.

So I payed a guy that would send it to another location in the US and ship it from there oversees to Germany and then to Sweden.

That way I was probably the first who got a X800XT PE in Sweden even though I had it weeks after some in the US. Had it a week ago from now since it shipped the 15th from Bestbuy.

And the total price I payed was exactly the same as what a new X800XT PE would sell for in Sweden though I wouldn´t got a chance getting an ATI X800XT PE here..

So it´s no wonder people sell and it´s not only the seller that makes good business out of it either. The buyers get their products sooner and get the products they want for the same or less ;)

So noone is robbing anyone over ebay. In fact I had some trouble with my mainboard and my Vapochill so since I wouldn´t be able to use my computer for weeks (couldn´t resist getting my mobo/CPU/memory from the US for about half the price or even less) I sold my X800XT PE locally and made about a 100$ profit in the meantime :)

But it´s nothing to be shocked about unless you are used to the low prices in North America or Taiwan or such.

Armpit said:
Maybe I should sell mine and make some profit from it? He he he....

I personally think it's a very good idea for the lucky few with XT-PEs. They (eBayers) obviously want it more than you do. :p

oqvist said:
And the total price I payed was exactly the same as what a new X800XT PE would sell for in Sweden though I wouldn´t got a chance getting an ATI X800XT PE here..

So it´s no wonder people sell and it´s not only the seller that makes good business out of it either. The buyers get their products sooner and get the products they want for the same or less ;)

You can make a total killing on selling new technology like this to European buyers. :)

sucks to be you i got my x800xt pe and it made my 3dmark 03 score and gave me a 6000 point increase

Damn he got 10$ more from his then I get from mine :p

But mine wasn´t on an auction I sold it to the first bidder hehe.

Yes, a X800 XT PE cost over 700$ in Sweden but it has to do with skewed prices. Now one US dollar costs 7.5 swedish crowns. It used to cost 10 swedish crowns. So with old rate it would be 500$.

If the dollar is raising the stores raise the price and blame it on rates and if it goes down they do nothing. A rule of thumbs is that you multiply the price in dollar by ten and you get the price in Sweden, even if the dollar is 7.5 or 9.5.

Yes but if you take the american prices add 25 % VAT and shipping fees you get the prices of Swedish stores really. Makes sense especially considering the smaller market in Sweden.

And it was a missprint he got 10$ more than what I got on mine lol

Yes, but if you want to add the VAT you have to subtract the VAT from the price in US dollars. I know its not 25 % VAT in the USA but there must be some VAT on that price.

What i meant with my post was that this card is not more expensive than other cards. But if you translate the price now it seems high becouse of the current exchange rate. I dont know what the Radeon 9700 Pro costed here when it was released but i think it was about the same.

No... our national VAT tax is called the price of Oil.... and it is paid to the Filthy Rich, not the government.

What I wanna know is... when will our Swedish borthers come over here and free us from tyranny :D

Back