Divinity: Original Sin

LeninGHOLA

Vladimir Hayt
Time for some old school RPG goodness.

Here is a nice preview of Larian's upcoming game -
http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/divinity-original-sin-review/

Larian has made enough money from their previous titles to be able to self publish now. The head of the company (Sven Vincke) is now able to make the RPG he always wanted to.

I'm looking forward to it; there is a lot of promise here.

You just made my day. :) I didn't care much for Divinity 2 since I felt it really didn't get the feeling of Divine Divinity at all. My hope is that this is a true sequel to DD.

ultima + baldur's gate it seems. Interesting ideas. I'll keep my eye out for this since it's Larian.

ultima + baldur's gate it seems. Interesting ideas. I'll keep my eye out for this since it's Larian.

Sort of. Add in multiplayer, dynamic spell and skill effects, many ways to solve quests, cooperative problem solving, and quite a few things Sven has wanted to do for years.

The part I found most interesting is that when playing with a friend, each player can try to use their individual dialogue skills when in conversation with an NPC. So, say one player wants to indimidate his way through a conversation, if your partner would rather finesse through it or be diplomatic, whoever has the highest skill modifier for their respective skills get's the appropriate outcome. Assuming your skill check is high enough to influence the NPC in the first place.

Sort of. Add in multiplayer, dynamic spell and skill effects, many ways to solve quests, cooperative problem solving, and quite a few things Sven has wanted to do for years.

The part I found most interesting is that when playing with a friend, each player can try to use their individual dialogue skills when in conversation with an NPC. So, say one player wants to indimidate his way through a conversation, if your partner would rather finesse through it or be diplomatic, whoever has the highest skill modifier for their respective skills get's the appropriate outcome. Assuming your skill check is high enough to influence the NPC in the first place.

yeah, interesting to see how that plays out. I can see friends giving grief to each other. Good times. I guess if you were the low charisma dumb melee grunt, you might occasionally benefit from winning over NPCs who identify with your type more.

"You look too squishy, I not listen to you. Bubba say best."

Back