Disk error during paging crashing one of my VMs.

Supreme [H]ardness
Okay, so I've been having this issue crop up with one (and only one) of my virtual machines. Every so often (This is about the third time) it would just...crash with an error "0xc0000006 disk error while paging". And now in my notfred vm window I see "cp: read error: Input/Output error" among some other error messages that I've seen before (some are attempt to access beyond end of device hda1: rw=0, want=2089816, limit=2088387).

So far for now I'm backing up the drive I keep my VMs (and all other data) up onto an extra drive. As far as the vm goes I've deleted the whole thing and cloned the first one, which hasn't crashed like this before. We shall see how it pans out.

...should I be worried?

I've seen the "access beyond end of device" on my VM since day one. I have not encountered the I/O error as you posted.

I've had problems with VM's and multiple GPU clients on the same rig, but that may just be nv chipset problems, I've no way to test for that yet

I would backup the drive tho, I've lost drives that way (ok, did t lose them, it just screwed up the Boot record and gave me discerrors, drive still worksfine after forMat)

Again, it may just be me, I'm waiting on some motherboards to try some things and find my problem area
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Back