Discussion: 160GB Kingston/Intel X-25M

I ordered mine at 5:35pm EST on Saturday (about 20 minutes before you did) with free shipping. It appears I'm going to be unlucky. :(
I ordered at 5:49 EST / 4:49 CST with free shipping. And I just logged into buy.com to check my status.
Kingston 160GB SSDNow M Series Bundle Drive (Intel® X25-M SATA Solid-State Drive)

Qty: 1 Price: $349.99
Cancellation approved: Qty (1)
click for details
(1) Unfortunately, this item was cancelled. We are out of stock and have no ETA for when we will get additional stock.
Show related items
:(

Edit: just got two emails.
Hello,

Thank you for shopping at Buy.com.

At Buy.com we strive to provide the widest assortment of high-quality products at the lowest
prices on earth. However, sometimes circumstances beyond our control affect our selection.

We were recently informed that the item listed below from order #
is no longer available from that supplier. Please accept our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

Your order for this product has been automatically cancelled. If you paid by credit card, you will not be charged. If you paid by another method of payment, for example PayPal or GoogleCheckout, please allow 2 business days to process your refund.

Order #

sku - 210995519 : description - Kingston 160GB SSDNow M Series Bundle Drive (Intel® X25-M SATA Solid-State Drive)

If you have any questions, please contact customer support at http://www.buy.com/support.

Sincerely,
Customer Support Team

Please do not reply to this message. It was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Instead, please contact us via our webform at www.buy.com/support

and another from Google letting me know the refund was pending. Gotta say, as disappointed as I am that I'm not getting the drive, after hearing all the bitching about Buy.com, I was expecting not to have my money for weeks. Getting a refund issued on the same day my order was supposedly canceled isn't bad.

Last edited:
I got the same emails saying product isn't available.

Not sure how that could be true given someone got theirs shipped and they ordered after I did.

Congrats to those who got it but Buy.com should be processing first come, first serve (at least for those with the same shipping options selected).

OCZ Vertex 120GB is about the same price. I might go that route but not sure.

My drive will be here Thursday and I will post it on For Sale/Trade for a little profit. If anyone is interested, you can still get a great deal just not an insane deal like some did.

Also got a cancellation e-mail. Definitely should have gone with the faster shipping method.

Mine arrived yesterday - just installed Win7 RC on it earlier today. Good times! :cool:

x25mhdtachshort.png

HDTach 3.0.4.0 in Windows 7 via XP SP3 compatibility mode

Did they ship GTX 280s to anyone?

Why would they ship these drives to some people and not others?

I got a GTX 280... it's Buy.com, their processing system is more confusing than tax codes; no one knows why some people get orders shipped on pricing shenanigans and others don't. For all we know it's just a ploy to get more business/attention for the website and they let a lucky few get the orders in hopes to make a repeat customer out of a few.

Mine arrived today as well. Haven't plugged in yet, but all in all a nice kit. Came with 2.5" -> 3.5" brackets (yay thought I was going to have to buy some), SATA cable, Molex -> SATA power adapter, Mini USB cable and a 2.5" external hard drive case (definitely wasn't expecting that).

Getting ready to shut down to install Windows 7 RC on it. :D

I fear this is going to spoil me :(

Mine arrived today as well. Haven't plugged in yet, but all in all a nice kit. Came with 2.5" -> 3.5" brackets (yay thought I was going to have to buy some), SATA cable, Molex -> SATA power adapter, Mini USB cable and a 2.5" external hard drive case (definitely wasn't expecting that).

Getting ready to shut down to install Windows 7 RC on it. :D

I fear this is going to spoil me :(
Yup. I waited to install Win7 RC until mine arrived as well. Only downside is that I have no idea if the insane perf improvements I'm seeing in Win7 x64 vs Vista x64 are OS improvements or OS drive improvements lol. :p

Agreed on the accessory kit ... very complete and a nice bonus even though I have no expectation that I'll utilize any of the external kit. Was also very pleased to see that the 3.5" bracket adapters fit w/o issue into the removable trays in my CM ATCS 840 chassis.

I have Windows 7 installed on a Seagate 1.5TB drive in the machine my sig, so I should be able to tell if there is any difference, besides my Windows Experience score....

My single order was canceled through their buy.com eBay store. My situation may be a little different than some of you. I placed the order and buy.com's checkout system would not let me pay via paypal. When the system was fixed, it told me that the item was out of stock and I couldn't pay, but I had already "bought it now." I received this:

----------------------------------

I'm pretty impressed with buy.com... I thought for sure my order would just be deleted.

Hello XXXXXXXXXX,

This message is in regards to eBay item # XXXXXXXXXXXXX Kingston 160GB
SSDNow M Series Bundle Drive.

Unfortunately, we are unable to fulfill your order due to a system
error. Because we are not able to fulfill this order, we will send a
cancellation request through eBay. Please check you eBay messages and
accept this cancellation.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and
in an effort to maintain your trust, we are offering a $50.00 discount
towards your next purchase from our eBay store. This discount may only
be used once, towards a single purchase.

To take advantage of this discount, simply purchase an item from our
eBay store, and contact us once your payment has been completed. You
may request the discount through email by referencing the item listed
above. We will then apply the discount to your new order. ***PLEASE
NOTE*** We cannot apply the discount until full payment has been
completed.

Again, we sincerely apologize, and we hope this has helped turn your
transaction into a positive experience. We anticipate the opportunity
to better serve you in the future. We truly value our customers and
thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Buy Customer Support