Discontinued 1155 Motherboards

Don Wong

Weaksauce
when they were being sold, how much was a decent, low-mid-range board selling for?

I'm trying to do a cost analysis on the Sandy Bridge versus the AMD X4s and X6s Phenon IIs.

I can get a decent AM3 board right now for $80.

Will the new 1155 MBs be double?

Thanks

Lowest cost was just over $100?
Don't think you'll see the cost change by a lot.

The lowest-priced P67 mobo was around $109 at an MC in the area for an Intel-branded mATX board. However, it has only one PCI-e x16 slot, and its only PCI-e x1 slot is located right next to the x16 slot. IMHO that board wastes too much space on legacy PCI slots - it has two such slots when there should have been no more than one PCI-Legacy slot.

a decent board will run you $130 to $160

the cpus cost between 170 and 270

since you have to wait on SB if you decide to go intel, wait and see amd bulldozer rather than go for a phenom 2 setup thats going to be outdated as soon as bulldozer hits the market...BD from what ive read is going to be very competetive with SB....
unless your budget just limits you to the current amd stuff id take a look at BD before making a decision...SB seems to be a very nice setup and bulldozer will probubly be less expensive...
just my opinion anyway....

Most boards were $90-150ish, some went up to $220 or so. The Asus (had EFI and most of the things you needed to overclock) and was probably best bang for the buck was about $140.

Generally you can find an Intel® Desktop Board DH67CL or the like for around $120. For your information you should start to see Intel H67 and P67 showing up at the reseller right around Mid-March. Also with the Intel boards you will see a change to the part # to show a “B3” at the end. This change is to make it easy to tell the new boards from the old.

with the manufacturers able to see what issues were coming up on first release boards id be willing to bet the 2nd release boards will have alot less issues on release..the bios teams have had a chance to correct bios issues for their boards....

non-OC H67 boards, i saw some around $80-$90 on superbiiz before the takedown

for OC, i'm pretty happy with my Intel DP67DE matx mobo right now... 4.4ghz @ 1.3v (don't want to push it anymore for now)... $120

Back