Disappointed in AC: Revelations

Hopefully Ubisoft steps back and takes things in perspective. AC simpy cannot survive on yearly iterations like CoD can. It's due to it's nature as a singleplayer narrative driven game, compared to the mindless MP of CoD.

As a fan of the AC series, I'm praying this doesn't fall into COD rut territory.

So far I'm pretty happy with it but I'm an unabashed fan of the series. It didn't hurt that Amazon PC download was $42 on preorder and I had $10 credit from another Amazon order so I paid $32 in total for the game. :)

That is 32 dollars you can't get back. At least with the console versions you might have lost 25 bucks max.

I wonder why you guys say AC2 was so good when the DRM on it was horrendous? AC1 was a total borefest and never got around to finishing it due to extremely repetitive gameplay. Never bothered to finish the series... judging from comments here it seems like it's not worth my time due to weak ending I suppose?

No clue why you would play AC on PC so therefore I am not going to judge a game by its "horrible DRM".

AC2 was a great game despite being too easy.

That is 32 dollars you can't get back. At least with the console versions you might have lost 25 bucks max.

I'm very happy with my purchase.

No clue why you would play AC on PC so therefore I am not going to judge a game by its "horrible DRM".

Because with the eye candy maxed out it still looks better than the console version and you have the choice of using either KBM or a controller whenever you want.

are you still a walking 1 man fucking army capable of single-handedly engaging in a 20 on 1 melee and coming out of it unscathed.

shit, compared to some other parts this was a small crowd.

50v1.jpg

Game graphics have improved significantly. Loving it. :D
8X AA, 16XAF, Maxed out details > *

God I so agree. This one feels uninspired and uninteresting to me. As I play it, I keep saying to myself "man, Arkham City does X so much better". X being combat, stealth, traversing the city, ancillary mechanics (bombcrafting and tower defense are fucking stupid), side missions, story, pacing, characters, atmosphere. The list goes on and on. Arkham City set the bar for sandbox third person melee action games so much higher than this that it's just bleh to play. The whole time I've spent playing I'm just saying to myself "I should just go start my NG+ in AC instead of this and go watch the story cutscenes on Youtube". The mechanics are just so clunky and unfun that I don't even want to play it.

I've spent the first two hours or so just doing stupid tutorial shit. I don't care about making bombs. I don't care about recruiting and raising assassins. I want to stab people and learn about Templar lore and the first people, not to tediously buy shops throughout the city in order to create the nightmarish tidal wave of money that grew out of this system in Brotherhood. Much like in AC1, they seem to have lost sight of what makes their game fun: stabbing people. They load you down with all of these pointless vestigial mechanics that nobody cares about while other games (like AC) do meaningful things to evolve their gameplay.

God I so agree. This one feels uninspired and uninteresting to me. As I play it, I keep saying to myself "man, Arkham City does X so much better". X being combat, stealth, traversing the city, ancillary mechanics (bombcrafting and tower defense are fucking stupid), side missions, story, pacing, characters, atmosphere. The list goes on and on. Arkham City set the bar for sandbox third person melee action games so much higher than this that it's just bleh to play. The whole time I've spent playing I'm just saying to myself "I should just go start my NG+ in AC instead of this and go watch the story cutscenes on Youtube". The mechanics are just so clunky and unfun that I don't even want to play it.

I've spent the first two hours or so just doing stupid tutorial shit. I don't care about making bombs. I don't care about recruiting and raising assassins. I want to stab people and learn about Templar lore and the first people, not to tediously buy shops throughout the city in order to create the nightmarish tidal wave of money that grew out of this system in Brotherhood. Much like in AC1, they seem to have lost sight of what makes their game fun: stabbing people. They load you down with all of these pointless vestigial mechanics that nobody cares about while other games (like AC) do meaningful things to evolve their gameplay.

I can't really disagree with a number of your criticisms even as big of an AC fan I am and I certainly agreed with you that Arkham City, quite frankly, has blown me away utterly and has set a new bar like you said.

I'm very happy with my purchase.

Because with the eye candy maxed out it still looks better than the console version and you have the choice of using either KBM or a controller whenever you want.

No argument on the keyboard. No way anyone would play asssassins creed with a keyboard over a controller.

Graphics are ok at best in this version.

What made the second game in the series so great was the fact that all the locations had a number of different real life buildings and there was around 4-5 locations you visited. This one has only 2 locations.

No argument on the keyboard. No way anyone would play asssassins creed with a keyboard over a controller.

I use KBM the entire time and do just fine. The only time I have to whip out the controller is for the flying vehicle. Nice to have the choice. :)

Graphics are ok at best in this version.

Certainly won't be confused for Batman Arkham City by a mile but they're pretty good in their own right and maxed out still appreciably better than the console versions.

What made the second game in the series so great was the fact that all the locations had a number of different real life buildings and there was around 4-5 locations you visited. This one has only 2 locations.

Agreed.

Let's face it: Brotherhood and especially this are expansion packs. They're good expansion packs but when you start talking $50-$60 you start to scratch your head a little bit.

All told, though, I still love this series and I really hope it doesn't fall into Call of Duty/Madden-itis.

Agreed.

Let's face it: Brotherhood and especially this are expansion packs. They're good expansion packs but when you start talking $50-$60 you start to scratch your head a little bit.

All told, though, I still love this series and I really hope it doesn't fall into Call of Duty/Madden-itis.

It already has. They said they were making one every year and so far have put out 2 of them in the last 2 years.

Don't see the hate and also comparisons to Batman. Two very different games. Batman has a frickin' grappling gun to move around whereas, this guy is on foot. You can't expect movement to be similar. Batman has a hard time climbing stuff whereas, this Assassin climbs buildings like a boss.

As for the graphics, they are quite improved over Brotherhood and little details on art on clothes, shops etc are very nice. However, the engine is from 2009 (heck even 2009 engine was on top of Ass Creed 1 engine) so yes, it will look dated whereas, Batman is UE3 that is much more scalable etc.

Finally, the gameplay is indeed improved, I love the sword fighting and stabbing people and it is all there. The new additions are not well done, however, the game itself plays exactly like brotherhood which maybe a bit of a boner kill for some since Brotherhood was start of this year and the formula may seem repetitive. However, for an Assassin's Creed fan, this is exactly right. Storyline is good as well and they really flesh out Ezio's character.

I am really enjoying the game despite the fact that I have Batman, Saints Row 3 and other open world games to sink time in. This is a unique game and for what it wants to do it does well for the most part. Final part on the new mechanics, you can skip them altogether and still complete the story so it is really not a biggie imo (apart from some tower defense stuff).

Also on the cost, only a fool paid full 50$ price tag on this (unless you are talking console). The game has had 35$ price tag for a month or more on Amazon, Greenmangaming, etc

Don't see the hate and also comparisons to Batman. Two very different games. Batman has a frickin' grappling gun to move around whereas, this guy is on foot. You can't expect movement to be similar. Batman has a hard time climbing stuff whereas, this Assassin climbs buildings like a boss.

Finally, the gameplay is indeed improved, I love the sword fighting and stabbing people and it is all there. The new additions are not well done, however, the game itself plays exactly like brotherhood which maybe a bit of a boner kill for some since Brotherhood was start of this year and the formula may seem repetitive. However, for an Assassin's Creed fan, this is exactly right. Storyline is good as well and they really flesh out Ezio's character.

Really? You don't see the comparisons between two games built around a sandbox style city with traversal up and down buildings, platforming/free running, third person melee combat and a growing emphasis on gadgets? Personally, I don't think there is much of a comparison either. Everything about Arkham City is completely on another level from this game.

You point out that he has a grappling hook. I respond that Catwoman does not. She climbs buildings in much the same way that Ezio does, but she does it way faster and in a more satisfying way. The climbing in the Assassins Creed games is very slow and tedious. It was cool for a while, but even Infamous realized that they couldn't keep that samey style of traversal up so they gave the player new options in Infamous 2. Yeah, you get the hook blade (which changes virtually nothing) and they added those lift things back in Brotherhood, but they are not very common and thus not very impactful.

Compared to either Batman game, the combat is not responsive or satisfying in the slightest. You basically wail on a single target until you kill him or someone else attacks and you counter kill him and then butcher everybody else with the kill combo. There is no player-driven variation or strategy to it. You never employ any advanced strategies until they wheel out tougher enemies that FORCE you to do those things. Even then, it feels unintuitive and frustrating. When Batman wheels out the big guns, you know exactly what move to perform to defeat them and exactly how to do it because you've probably already been doing it rather than just punching everyone to death.

The swordplay is horrible and the stabbing has not evolved at all since AC2. It didn't take any risks, any steps forward, and obviously a lot of people are perfectly fine with that, elseways Uncharted and Modern Warfare would sell millions of copies every year with completely marginal gameplay improvements. Of all the games that have done the incremental improvements thing, Revelations is the most disappointing and the least interesting of them all. After playing the same game for years without meaningful improvements, the stitches start to show. You start to feel how clunky the movement and the combat really is. You start to realize how pointless and vestigial most of the mechanics feel. NOBODY WANTS TO RECRUIT, TRAIN AND DISPATCH ASSASSINS THROUGH MENUS UBISOFT. THIS ISN'T FOOTBALL MANAGER 2012.

Hopefully whatever they release this year will have the kind of overhaul of mechanics and gameplay that AC2 brought to AC1, but I doubt it. They haven't had enough time and it's much more profitable to do what they're doing now and ride out the laurels of the franchise name until the next console generation rolls around. It's all very disappointing to me because I actually really like the story in the Assassins Creed games, but they are really turning me off with their stupid game design.

Really? You don't see the comparisons between two games built around a sandbox style city with traversal up and down buildings, platforming/free running, third person melee combat and a growing emphasis on gadgets? Personally, I don't think there is much of a comparison either. Everything about Arkham City is completely on another level from this game.

You point out that he has a grappling hook. I respond that Catwoman does not. She climbs buildings in much the same way that Ezio does, but she does it way faster and in a more satisfying way. The climbing in the Assassins Creed games is very slow and tedious. It was cool for a while, but even Infamous realized that they couldn't keep that samey style of traversal up so they gave the player new options in Infamous 2. Yeah, you get the hook blade (which changes virtually nothing) and they added those lift things back in Brotherhood, but they are not very common and thus not very impactful.

Compared to either Batman game, the combat is not responsive or satisfying in the slightest. You basically wail on a single target until you kill him or someone else attacks and you counter kill him and then butcher everybody else with the kill combo. There is no player-driven variation or strategy to it. You never employ any advanced strategies until they wheel out tougher enemies that FORCE you to do those things. Even then, it feels unintuitive and frustrating. When Batman wheels out the big guns, you know exactly what move to perform to defeat them and exactly how to do it because you've probably already been doing it rather than just punching everyone to death.

The swordplay is horrible and the stabbing has not evolved at all since AC2. It didn't take any risks, any steps forward, and obviously a lot of people are perfectly fine with that, elseways Uncharted and Modern Warfare would sell millions of copies every year with completely marginal gameplay improvements. Of all the games that have done the incremental improvements thing, Revelations is the most disappointing and the least interesting of them all. After playing the same game for years without meaningful improvements, the stitches start to show. You start to feel how clunky the movement and the combat really is. You start to realize how pointless and vestigial most of the mechanics feel. NOBODY WANTS TO RECRUIT, TRAIN AND DISPATCH ASSASSINS THROUGH MENUS UBISOFT. THIS ISN'T FOOTBALL MANAGER 2012.

Hopefully whatever they release this year will have the kind of overhaul of mechanics and gameplay that AC2 brought to AC1, but I doubt it. They haven't had enough time and it's much more profitable to do what they're doing now and ride out the laurels of the franchise name until the next console generation rolls around. It's all very disappointing to me because I actually really like the story in the Assassins Creed games, but they are really turning me off with their stupid game design.

Very well put, minus the nerd rage. Which I still loled.

I'd take it over Batman anytime. I have blast playing it, and it's much more fun then AC 2 and Brotherhood. Especially once they got rid of those stupid 16's puzzles.

Introducing of bombs really improved combat and dealing with missions or enemies. And climbing Haga Sophia and seeing Istambul from here beats any visual experiences from Batman. ALso traveling through city is much more fun - people react to your action, guards chase you when you do suspicious things, and in batman? In batman you just fly, fly, more boring fly.

Besides, Bat, compared to Ezio is a pussy. Ezio would come through Joker and his cronies without even noticing them. But that's what you get when you invent such pussies as Daredevil or Batman, who are way to afraid of killing bad guys.

Sure. Your opinion man. It seems what you enjoy is very different than what I do. I really like Batman, but I find combat in Batman overly simplistic compared to Assassin's Creed Revelations. There are tons of things you can do in Ass Creed Rev (aparently you are relying solely on the combo kill). Similarly, location, storyline, characters and overall gameplay mechanics are not clunky for me. They are really fluid compared to Batman which has trouble finding spots for grappling hooks (lol). Also Catwoman's movement is very different from Ezio, not sure if you were srs when you said that because she has a huge ass whip similar to Batman in the game.

Different strokes I guess.

I'm a big AC fan but damn, I really can't disagree with any of this.

Batman AC sets a new bar all the way for these kinds of games IMO.

I finally got a copy of this during the steam sale ($35) and am definitely happy I got the PC version. Graphically it looks great and I have no problems running it with the details all the way up while still getting 60fps with vsync on. The console versions look good, but this one clearly looks better, although not quite as “next-gen” as other multi-platformers like Crysis 2, Dirt 3, or even Rage.
However as a game, I definitely have to voice my disappointment with the complete lack of innovation. Other than the random “strategy” sequences (which aren’t that good) it’s pretty much like they didn’t add anything. The city stuff looks the same, the mechanics are the same, the “new” hook stuff controls are a little wonky and add very little, and the goals and missions are the same.
Combat still boils down to doing counter attacks 99% of the time and the hidden blade is still really the only weapon worth bothering with.
While I still have fun playing, this is probably the first time where I’ve truly gotten bored of the engine and the game scope. The engine had quite the lifespan, but too many of the elements are just flat-out holdovers that haven’t been used since the first game.
I definitely hope this is not only the last game featuring the Ezio storyline, but also the last one using the current engine. Depending on what MS’s plans are for E3, I’ll hope the series makes an early jump to the next-gen systems.
If not - it's at least time for an overhaul on the combat and the climbing elements.

Love the game overall.

Could do without ever seeing the likes of those Desmond puzzles again, though.

I finally got a copy of this during the steam sale ($35) and am definitely happy I got the PC version. Graphically it looks great and I have no problems running it with the details all the way up while still getting 60fps with vsync on. The console versions look good, but this one clearly looks better, although not quite as “next-gen” as other multi-platformers like Crysis 2, Dirt 3, or even Rage.
However as a game, I definitely have to voice my disappointment with the complete lack of innovation. Other than the random “strategy” sequences (which aren’t that good) it’s pretty much like they didn’t add anything. The city stuff looks the same, the mechanics are the same, the “new” hook stuff controls are a little wonky and add very little, and the goals and missions are the same.
Combat still boils down to doing counter attacks 99% of the time and the hidden blade is still really the only weapon worth bothering with.
While I still have fun playing, this is probably the first time where I’ve truly gotten bored of the engine and the game scope. The engine had quite the lifespan, but too many of the elements are just flat-out holdovers that haven’t been used since the first game.
I definitely hope this is not only the last game featuring the Ezio storyline, but also the last one using the current engine. Depending on what MS’s plans are for E3, I’ll hope the series makes an early jump to the next-gen systems.
If not - it's at least time for an overhaul on the combat and the climbing elements.

Ezio's story is done. They stated that. What they should have stated was all the revelations that went unexplained in this game that happened during the 3rd game.

So they are done rehashing AC2? Brotherhood and revelations have not seemed to be worth my time so I've been waiting on a real sequel. I found ancient Jerusalem a much more interesting setting than italy/rome so it's been cheesing me off every "new" game they release in the same setting/characters as AC2

So they are done rehashing AC2? Brotherhood and revelations have not seemed to be worth my time so I've been waiting on a real sequel. I found ancient Jerusalem a much more interesting setting than italy/rome so it's been cheesing me off every "new" game they release in the same setting/characters as AC2

You don't have to buy it, considering if you have an xbox. This game cost me 6 bucks to beat via redbox, which was worth the 6 bucks.

I don't think I'd be as disappointed in Revelations if Brotherhood hadn't come out...and vice versa.They're both short and add very little over what AC2 had.
I think Ubisoft got in the mode of releasing them every year, so they just cranked these last two out. If they combined the two into one game it would actually be pretty awesome. That game would still be smaller and shorter than AC1 was, so it's not like it would be all that daunting.
As it stands, they aren't bad or anything - just the epitome of rehashed. If you enjoyed AC2 I can't imagine hating them. You'll just find yourself saying "again...?" a lot.

Now that I finished this game I'll basically co-sign Domingo's post above mine.

The game isn't crap, it's simply more of the same with a couple of extra literal and figurative wrinkles.

If you're an AC fan you'll get your fix but this one has a bit more of a "obligatory" feel to it and I can tell people and even fans of the series: Don't buy it at full price. If you get around $30 or so, fine, you'll feel great about it.

Gameplay wise there's some tedioum that I hope doesn't come back. The mini game "fight and defend the den" needs to DIAF. Terrible.

The Desmond puzzles...I hope I never see the likes of that in any videogame ever again. I made it to third one and said the hell with it.

I found that I was a lot less ardent about getting 100 percent sync because frankly, some of the "restrictions" for some of the missions were downright silly and I said the hell with it. It's not like you get some great rewards for all 100 percent synchs anyways.

I need to see part 3 be the leap over part 2 and these games like part 2 was to 1 in terms of both gameplay and narrative. Take some of that tedium from the side out of there.

Narrative: I think they're headed for a train wreck here on the Desmond side of things.

I'm guessing part 3 will be all Desmond although I have half a theory about one possible direction they might go based on what I saw in the ending of AC: Rev and what was said there.

I'm wondering if hindsight will show or is even staring to show that the Desmond side of things maybe wasn't the best idea because, I, for one, feel like that narrative started flying off the rails certainly at the end of the Brotherood. AC: Rev did not help me on that at all.

Maybe these games should have been stand alone installments where you play a different hero in a time period, have a great personal story for said hero, have this backdrop of assasins vs templar, and call it a day. Less is more.

Unfortunately what I'm seeing with the whole Desmond thing is an oft used, tired cliche that's shown up in too much B rated science fiction novels and movies and it's a concept that is quite difficult if not impossible to have a satisfying conclusion and payoff for. Frankly put I think the concept is hogwash and the games would have been better off without it. I think there's other "over arching a great period of time" mysteries to connect the whole assasins vs templar storyline over x number of games that would have been more rooted on planet Earth so to speak vs the hogwash they seem to be running with. There are all kinds of cool mythologies and conspiracy theory fodder they could have mixed and mangled with that have been less of a rut and tired cliche narrative then where this seems to be going.

I hope I'm proven pleasantly wrong.

I hope they take some time and don't rush the next game out for Holidays 2012.

I'll see what everyone else thinks.

I'm still waiting for it to come out dirt cheap before I buy it. Still haven't even started Brotherhood yet, which I got during a christmas sale.

I'd say that the "sync" thing is out of whack on this game. I think I ended up with 100% sync for about 90% of Brotherhood but ended up scrapping the idea there, too. I'm pretty sure that's only there for the achievement factor and considering the trouble it takes to do it, it's a serious undertaking. In that one I stopped because I got bored re-doing a couple missions, but it wasn't THAT bad.
With Revelations, I gave up on it much faster. I have 100% sync for the first two major sections and then just stopped caring. While not every mission should be a bloodbath, I really don't feel like sneaking around for 25 minutes with no room for error when Ezio is pretty much unstoppable anyway. They start throwing ridiculously long stealth-centric missions at you pretty early, so unless you're a completionist - don't mess with it and you'll have a much better time.

I'd say that the "sync" thing is out of whack on this game. I think I ended up with 100% sync for about 90% of Brotherhood but ended up scrapping the idea there, too. I'm pretty sure that's only there for the achievement factor and considering the trouble it takes to do it, it's a serious undertaking. In that one I stopped because I got bored re-doing a couple missions, but it wasn't THAT bad.

Same here. I think there were 2 or 3 out of the whole game I just gave up on after a point.

Timed "puzzle levels"...that's another thing I wouldn't mind them getting away from in this series.

In Brotherhood, you had one this one huge dungeon where you had to get it all done in 6 minutes to get 100 percent synch. Didn't do that, didn't care. I think I was 8 minutes.

Then there were at least one other time where, again, in another HUGE underground dungeon and you're chasing some templar at warp speed and there was another asinine stipulation there that I simply didn't care about, either.

But I definitely did better on synchs in Brotherhood and part 2 vs Rev.

With Revelations, I gave up on it much faster. I have 100% sync for the first two major sections and then just stopped caring.

More or less same here.

While not every mission should be a bloodbath, I really don't feel like sneaking around for 25 minutes with no room for error when Ezio is pretty much unstoppable anyway. They start throwing ridiculously long stealth-centric missions at you pretty early, so unless you're a completionist - don't mess with it and you'll have a much better time.

Same here. My "not giving a damn" level went up quite a bit in this one. On this game the stipulations for some of those full synch were just laughable. Field a horde of guys but don't use blades, for example.

I lost count on how many "don't be detected" stips there were. I just flat out wanted to kick ass and have fun and didn't give a damn probably around the same time you felt the same way.

Oh yeah, another thing that I've seen for too long: Texture and blatant NPC pop in and out sometimes right in your face kills immersion.

All too often I could be walking on the streets or doing something and then a crew of guards would spawn out of nowhere in front of me and be walking in formation, as example.

They've got to do better than that for part 3.

I'm ragging on this thing pretty hard for a fan aren't I? ;)

With Revelations, I gave up on it much faster. I have 100% sync for the first two major sections and then just stopped caring. While not every mission should be a bloodbath, I really don't feel like sneaking around for 25 minutes with no room for error when Ezio is pretty much unstoppable anyway. They start throwing ridiculously long stealth-centric missions at you pretty early, so unless you're a completionist - don't mess with it and you'll have a much better time.
As far as I remember, there is no achievement in Brotherhood for 100% sync across everything. Might be wrong but I explicitly remember searching for it and finding out it is not there and ending up saying, oh well fuck sync :p.

Btw truly enjoying Ass Creed Rev in 3D. Really looks stunning jumping over stuff and looking down at the city and/or climbing huge buildings :D.

As far as I remember, there is no achievement in Brotherhood for 100% sync across everything. Might be wrong but I explicitly remember searching for it and finding out it is not there and ending up saying, oh well fuck sync :p.

I don't think there is, either, and even if there were, big whoop, x number of Uplay points? Doesn't mean much.

Btw truly enjoying Ass Creed Rev in 3D. Really looks stunning jumping over stuff and looking down at the city and/or climbing huge buildings :D.

People that say the PC versions of these games, and especially the latter ones, aren't better looking than their console versions are just trolling. These games maxed out on my PC have always looked appreciably better than their console counterparts and I feel like this one had just a smidge more eye candy going for it.

Definitely, I can see improvements in Revelations as opposed to Brotherhood since I have both installed. Was playing both in 3D the other day and you really see the details on walls that you climb a bit sharper. Also some of the artwork has improved thereby improving look and feel of the textures (not necessarily the resolution) when compared with brotherhood. The fire effects are another thing that has significantly improved. Overall, really enjoying the game.

The game in my opinion was quite good, but for the price did feel a bit rough.

They were not originally going to make a new game every year like some are saying.

During an interview they said that what happened was they created Ezio, and AC2 had such a good reception and people liking what they did with him, and people desired a whole story from beginning to its end. So that's what they set out to do.

The last 2 games and the video meant to be watched after Revelations give just that.

I know it's exactly what I had wanted after playing AC2. I wanted the whole story beginning to end.

No doubt the game looks better on the PC. I did a quick comparison with Brotherhood on the 360 (I only have Revlations on the PC, obviously) and there's a pretty obvious difference. While it's not like Crysis 2, Dirt 3, or Skyrim, it's still clearly superior looking. The resolution and framerate boost alone is there. Details and view distance as well. Plus I think it uses a richer color scheme, too. Not quite the game you'd use to show off PC vs. console, but you'd have to be blind not to see the difference. That said, if the console version is cheaper and you're torn - go ahead and get that one.

The game in my opinion was quite good, but for the price did feel a bit rough.

They were not originally going to make a new game every year like some are saying.

During an interview they said that what happened was they created Ezio, and AC2 had such a good reception and people liking what they did with him, and people desired a whole story from beginning to its end. So that's what they set out to do.

The last 2 games and the video meant to be watched after Revelations give just that.

I know it's exactly what I had wanted after playing AC2. I wanted the whole story beginning to end.

I'm very happy with the stories of Ezio and Altair. I'm happy with Desmond's own personal story. All of that's great. :)

My issues and concerns with the narrative have to do with the "bigger concept." I'm being and spoiler free but I'm sure everyone who has played these games knows what I mean.

Just briefly tried the first one. But reviews hold me off. Got the second on a budget and loved every second. Didn´t really want to leave but Brotherhood called. Played that one and just as good.

Revelations now and it just seemed like I had done it all already. den defense is new but that is tedious. Can easilly be ignored like most stuff in these games though. But Constantinopel is bland and there is to much textured and buildings borrowed from previous games. It feels like I am in venice, florence, rome and konstantinopel at the same time. I suppose it make sense since romans did like to build things their way in the entire empire but... I would have hoped for a bit more freshness.

the new hook don´t make much of a difference and I don´t think an assassin uses bomb all that often. smoke bombs to cover escape yes and distractions but normally avoiding to draw attention whenever possible.

But well I suppose it would be a different tune if I hadn´t played the previous games in the series. I really hope the story kicks off though (haven´t gotten that far yet)

Just briefly tried the first one. But reviews hold me off. Got the second on a budget and loved every second. Didn´t really want to leave but Brotherhood called. Played that one and just as good.

The first game is good but there's no question 2 is where it really all takes off so you can skip 1 if you want although it's worth playing if you felt like it.

Revelations now and it just seemed like I had done it all already. den defense is new but that is tedious.

It's terrible.

I made a point of keep notoriety down from full to avoid it like the plague after I took over all the dens because it's just that damned bad. I need to not see the likes of this again.

Can easilly be ignored like most stuff in these games though. But Constantinopel is bland and there is to much textured and buildings borrowed from previous games. It feels like I am in venice, florence, rome and konstantinopel at the same time. I suppose it make sense since romans did like to build things their way in the entire empire but... I would have hoped for a bit more freshness.

Once upon a time, Brotherhood would have a few things streamlined and been part of AC2 and then Revelations would have been an expansion pack.

the new hook don´t make much of a difference and I don´t think an assassin uses bomb all that often. smoke bombs to cover escape yes and distractions but normally avoiding to draw attention whenever possible.

The hook was kind of nifty and convenient. I definitely could climb and scale faster and I liked using it to slide along ropes quickly. Nice little touch.

I never bothered with bombs.

Like I said before also: The Desmond puzzle things need to DIAF and I need to never see the likes of that again.

But well I suppose it would be a different tune if I hadn´t played the previous games in the series. I really hope the story kicks off though (haven´t gotten that far yet)

The story is good at least as far as the main characters go. I have concerns about the "big concept" at this point.

The story is good at least as far as the main characters go. I have concerns about the "big concept" at this point.

I want someone to answer this:

Replay Brotherhood or maybe I just have a better memory. All the questions that you had at the end of Brotherhood with Subject 16, Lucy etc.

Were any of them answered in Revelations? What was answered? Basically just Altair's story line, which really isn't that crucial to the final plot.

The Altair scenes were good, but they don't give an over all sense of moving forward with the final plot, just the story of his life.

I want someone to answer this:

Replay Brotherhood or maybe I just have a better memory. All the questions that you had at the end of Brotherhood with Subject 16, Lucy etc.

Were any of them answered in Revelations? What was answered? Basically just Altair's story line, which really isn't that crucial to the final plot.

The Altair scenes were good, but they don't give an over all sense of moving forward with the final plot, just the story of his life.

Lucy no. Subject 16 yes.

Revelations is about tying up loose ends from Altair and Ezio's stories and I found that to be satisfying.

Lucy no. Subject 16 yes.

Revelations is about tying up loose ends from Altair and Ezio's stories and I found that to be satisfying.

I don't feel like subject 16 stuff was answered. What about the ones who came before? What about the big secret in the animus, what about Desmond's child or the warning to stay away from Lucy.

I can't link video game stuff at work, but if you go back and watch the movies with subject 16 mentioned it doesn't explain anything in revelations.

Back