Disable Integrity Checks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can disable integrity checks by hitting F8 at boot time even in SP1 and (as far as I know) SP2. As long as you don't reboot very often, then it's not that big of a hassle.

Failing that, you can try this out, it was found with a quick search on Google using the terms "Vista SP1 disable integrity checks" and clicking the first result and reading down half a page to

3. Use ReadyDriver Plus to permanently disable and turn off disable driver signing enforcement automatically on every system startup.

which links to here

Note: I haven't tried that software out, so I have no idea if it's a trojan, virus, keylogger, or whatever. I will take zero responsibility for whatever it does to you, your bank account, your first born child, or any other effect it may have on your life.

Go buy a Mac and leave us alone, you ignorant imbecile.
If I could rep you, I would.

Didn't MS blame shitty drivers for all of the Vista BSOD's? I don't think the DRM prevents system crashes, just causes problems.
:rolleyes:
Blueray.

If that's not enough said: It's either Microsoft support DRM so you can play your movies, or you don't play them at all.

Anyone who still continues to cite DRM as a fault of Vista or Microsoft, for that matter, is a complete and utter moron. Microsoft supports DRM so that Windows can support more media.

I shouldn't have to do any damn work. Microsoft should have given its users and customers options.
Go build your own distro of Linux.

People like you lack common sense and logic. We are bullied into submission, and we no longer have any rights. I cannot do what I want to do with my operating system. My computer has never suffered a massive virus infection where the damage was irreparable. I use ZoneAlarm Extreme Security, check active processes manually, notice strange application behavior, and I eliminate everything that threatens me immediately. It's really not a hard thing to do.
Well, I've never been in a car accident either, so I guess that means I can take out the airbags and seatbelts too? They are such a freaking inconvience. Damn Honda for supressing me with seatbelts!!!

This has nothing to do with piracy. It has everything to do with protecting your privacy and rights. Peerguardian helps you fight to regain your rights.
Every single one of us here knows what you're doing with Peerguardian.
When you're doing something unlawful, not only do you get no sympathy, you lose any "rights" you have.

Some forums have a "Thanks" or reputation system: when someone makes a post that others favor or like, those other people can "Thank" the person that made the post, which is recorded and shown as a "meter" of sorts. "Rep" meaning "Reputation" - people with low/negative reps are perceived as complete assholes most of the time; people that know their shit and garner respect have higher reps/thanks...

This forum would go batshit if they enabled a "Thanks" or rep system here... my god, I can't even imagine how much crap it could cause. :D

If I could rep you, I would.

Every single one of us here knows what you're doing with Peerguardian.
When you're doing something unlawful, not only do you get no sympathy, you lose any "rights" you have.

Yeah, cause like the rest of you redneck posters, you are all knowing.

I'm shocked how this thread has turned out. :mad:

Wish I had sympathy from someone, but yet, you're all happy to give away all your rights, let Microsoft spy on you, and let Microsoft hold the industry back from improving computing by taking it to the 64-bit level with the support of free unsigned drivers.

I don't understand this world we live in now.

Fine, move on, as stated. Perhaps turning off the computer running that OS you loathe so much would be a very good idea, lest you burst a blood vessel.

There is no sympathy for outright stupidity and trolling, so don't expect it around here. You haven't made one cogent or cohesive point or argument so far, all you're doing is whining about Microsoft this, Microsoft that. The world ain't a fair place, sonny, when you figure it out and accept it you'll feel a lot better.

Every single thing you're saying is so inaccurate it's not even funny, but whatever.

It's Apple that gives out the Kool-Aid, not Microsoft...

Wish I had sympathy from someone, but yet, you're all happy to give away all your rights, let Microsoft spy on you, and let Microsoft hold the industry back from improving computing by taking it to the 64-bit level with the support of free unsigned drivers.
Microsoft doesn't spy on you, and it forces driver developers to have 64-bit versions, so there's no holding back involved.

Yeah, cause like the rest of you redneck posters, you are all knowing.
I'm shocked how this thread has turned out. :mad:
Wish I had sympathy from someone, but yet, you're all happy to give away all your rights,

You know, the #1 sign of someone in theropy that's fault is their own, is somemone that consistently maintains "It's everyone but me!!!"....

Just so everyone knows, I "took one for the team" by posting that comment. :)

Got an infraction notice in my box.

Just so everyone knows, I "took one for the team" by posting that comment. :)

Got an infraction notice in my box.

As a member of the team, I thank you. As a selfish member of the team, better you than me, because I was contemplating posting something similar.

Letting people do whatever they what to do without any order is called chaos. At the end of the day what your arguing for earnolmartin isn't freedom but chaos.

There are legitimate reasons for Microsoft having tighter control over certain aspects of Windows. Remember the days of DLL Hell for isntance when ANYONE could repleace CRITICAL system DLL's. Yeah, a lot of freedom to spends countless hours figuring out why installing one app would blow up several others. Driver signing is basically the same idea. Peerguardian is an open source project sure, but why not ask for donations for signing or something if its that big of a deal.

As for DRM ok fine its evil. Sure. But what about rights as a content maker or producer. You talk of rights, well guess what, DRM is a right of content producers to protect their property isn't it? That's not to say that I like DRM but we always hear about the rights of consumers and yes they are important. But consumers aren't always right no matter the old saying and consumers are not without their own greed and corruption.

If you're that big on using something like Peerguardian, why not just run it on another machine?

As a long time member you know better than name calling!;)

However I like most here obviously agree!

Well... according to dictionary.com

Ignorant - uninformed; unaware.

And according to Wikipedia.com

Imbecile - a type of criminal.

So, I just called him an uninformed criminal! Nothing wrong with that. ;)

I'm flabbergasted. It's cool. W/e. Since I apparently have no choice but to use DriverReadyPlus, guess I'll have to use it. It's still annoying that there is not a patch or hack.

It's better to have little security from Microsoft, more security from other corporate identities, and the option to change your operating system the way you want.

I thought I'd have much more support on this one. Apparently not. Have fun eating your forced DRM and the inability to disable integrity checks.

I'll stick with XP x64 with an ok hacked version of DX10. That's the only reason I wanted Vista anyway.

I'm flabbergasted. It's cool. W/e. Since I apparently have no choice but to use DriverReadyPlus, guess I'll have to use it. It's still annoying that there is not a patch or hack.

It's better to have little security from Microsoft, more security from other corporate identities, and the option to change your operating system the way you want.

I thought I'd have much more support on this one. Apparently not. Have fun eating your forced DRM and the inability to disable integrity checks.

I'll stick with XP x64 with an ok hacked version of DX10. That's the only reason I wanted Vista anyway.

Thanks for stopping by... don't let the door hit you on the way out. ;)

Bollocks..now I know you are just a sad troll...good bye.

I must admit, it is annoying not being able to install unsigned drivers out of the box. I'm surprised that this not just given as an option to the user when they install the OS.

I'm going to have to write a driver for some custom hardware I'm building, and this nuisance has made me contemplate deeply about switching platforms, which is unfortunate because all the development I've done up until now has been in Vista64.

Yes, I agree it may be an inconvenience... but I don't feel like MS is taking away my rights as a citizen, or that they are 'spying' on me by doing so. :)

The problem with your argument has been equating DRM with code signing. The two are not the same thing at all. You say you want complete control over your computer. That's impossible. Modern OS'es and hardware are simply too complex for that and as they become more and more powerful the average human mind simply won't be able to comprehend it all. Welcome to Skynet.

Seriously though I'm flabbergasted as well. I can understand wanting to control everything and not having any restrictions but there's a price to pay for this and the history of Windows has taught us just what bad drivers are capable of doing. Do you not want your OS hardened against attacks? And if the hardening is easily disabled doesn't that make the hardening less effective?

Look at the UAC. Too annoying and with Windows 7 not annoying enough (apparently more easily defeated in 7 on the default). Microsoft has no choice but to be paranoid about security, history has taught us this.

Ultimately as much as one may want control, most would prefer security and we're not going to get all in a fit over software that doesn't want to play by the security rules that are in place for a VERY good reason.

Umm, DriverReadyPlus is the hack/patch. It disables driver signing, what else do you need it to do?

I'm certainly enjoying my forced DRM. I've been able to play every single MP3, DVD, CD, and compatible game I've collected over the past 15 years, and I get to enjoy my Blu-ray movies. I even get to watch, record, and playback digital cable TV from my tuner card. Not once have I ever run into any problems getting something to play because of DRM. Plus I get to enjoy real DX10 games if/when they ever come out.

As far as I know, there is no such thing as a hacked/patched DX10 for XP. If you know of something that hasn't been proven a hoax, I'd sure love to see it. *holds breath*

I'll stick with XP x64 with an ok hacked version of DX10.
L.
M.
F.
A.
O.

:rolleyes: Boy, I tell you... Some anti-Microsoft people literally MAKE STUFF UP to complain about.

I must admit, it is annoying not being able to install unsigned drivers out of the box. I'm surprised that this not just given as an option to the user when they install the OS.
I'd sympathize with that situation you wrote about... At least have an editable Local Policy perhaps???

L.
M.
F.
A.
O.

:rolleyes: Boy, I tell you... Some anti-Microsoft people literally MAKE STUFF UP to complain about.

I'd sympathize with that situation you wrote about... At least have an editable Local Policy perhaps???

IDK, my XP says I have DX10 installed:

dx10_xp.jpg

Haven't had much time to test it though.

You've got to be the only person in the world (except perhaps malware writers) with that opinion.

Yeah, cause when I can't even load unsigned drivers, I love getting security from Microsoft. In my case, Microsoft doesn't know best. Thus, they should have given me the option to disable integrity checks. It USED to be there, so why remove it?

I hate this word TROLL. Forums are for spreading information. I could have sworn a lot of people were pissed off how the way Vista works. I know I am.

ReadyDriverPlus doesn't work for me. It installs the way it's supposed to, and then during boot up, it selects ReadyDriverPlus, but then there's just a hyphen flashing on a black screen, and nothing happens.

So really, I need a hack.

Microsoft gave you your option: Test Mode. You know, the thing you said you didn't like because of the watermarks. Use it or stfu

The option to disable them via command line basically negates them completely since any installer could disable it permanently, and it makes sense to remove that.

http://www.dinofly.com/images/dx10_xp.jpg

Haven't had much time to test it though.

I'd still like to know what you installed to get "DX10" for XP. In both Vista and Windows 7 there is no 4.xx version number in DxDiag. It just says, DirectX 10 or DirectX 11. People tried for a year to get DX10 hackported to XP, which uses a completely different driver API to control the display. They just couldn't get it done. For all you know, what you installed is nothing more than the DX10 files ripped from a Vista install which DxDiag detects, but would be useless for running a game on since the API calls those files hook to do not exist in XP.

I'd still like to know what you installed to get "DX10" for XP.

Dxdiag information doesn't prove he has dx10 installed since the dxdiag information being displayed can be easily manipulated through the registry.

Change the following "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Directx\version" from 4.09.00.0904 to 4.10.00.5515. Run DXdiag and it will show Directx 10 as "installed" with the same version number as earnolmartin's screenshot.:p

His screenshot is definitely edited since the computer name information is missing right under date and time. ;)

Last edited:
Dxdiag information doesn't prove he has dx10 installed since the dxdiag information being displayed can be easily manipulated through the registry.

Change the following "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Directx\version" from 4.09.00.0904 to 4.10.00.5515. Run DXdiag and it will show Directx 10 as "installed" with the same version number as earnolmartin's screenshot.:p

His screenshot is definitely edited since the computer name information is missing right under date and time. ;)

Yep, you don't need to know what my computer name is ;)

Here's DX10 for XP x64:

http://www.brothersoft.com/km-software-directx10-197601.html

Microsoft gave you your option: Test Mode. You know, the thing you said you didn't like because of the watermarks. Use it or stfu

The option to disable them via command line basically negates them completely since any installer could disable it permanently, and it makes sense to remove that.

Test mode is bs, and no I will not stfu. Someone has to fight for the features some users need and want.

They don't have to, that's what Linux is for. You should be intelligent enough (I hope) to see you're on the losing end of a battle you lost long before you ever even thought about starting it. Your argument there is bullshit: the OS needs to take care of itself, and if that means stopping you from installing hacked non-supported non-recognized or non-tested and certified drivers, well, bub, you're SOL because it's not going to happen.

But then again, nah... you missed it.

If you want that level of control, a Linux distro is your only option. As for Microsoft, anything you continue to rant on about it is typically defined as trolling; you asked a question, stated your case, was given multiple responses that all say basically the same thing and offered a somewhat workable solution, and you're still whining, bitching, and moaning about Microsoft.

They're not in business to please you, so if you want that level of satisfaction, you're going to have to do it yourself. You're not a beacon of hope in the darkness, so... find something vastly more productive to do, will ya?

Yeah, so f*** Microsoft. I'll never give them any money until maybe they make an OS that I like and can actually control. XP was the last one, and thankfully I can get away with using XP x64 with DX10, so now the problems in the world are solved.

Wake me up when we have a new "revolutionary" os with the option to disable its integrity checks. Till then, I support XP fully.

LINUX is not an option. It's worse than anything Microsoft has, but Microsoft is heading the same way Linux is, which is why it will fail with Windows 7.

We're adults here, you can say "fuck Microsoft," yanno, but it won't help your case. If you really think you're getting DX10 features with that hack in XP Pro x64, you've got far worse problems than just using Windows, I assure you.

We're adults here, you can say "fuck Microsoft," yanno, but it won't help your case. If you really think you're getting DX10 features with that hack in XP Pro x64, you've got far worse problems than just using Windows, I assure you.

I wish you'd do some research before opening your mouth. Hasn't messed anything up.

I wish you'd do some reading comprehension before replying.

You missed it yet once again... :rolleyes:

http://www.dinofly.com/images/dx10_xp.jpg[IMG]

Haven't had much time to test it though.[/QUOTE]
I bow at your feet of infinite wisdom :rolleyes:

Anyone can modify the registry to change that DX field.

[quote="earnolmartin, post: 1034111116"]I hate this word TROLL. Forums are for spreading information.[/QUOTE]
Or, in your case, misinformation.

[quote="earnolmartin, post: 1034111320"]LINUX is not an option. It's worse than anything Microsoft has, but Microsoft is heading the same way Linux is, which is why it will fail with Windows 7.[/QUOTE]

That's a bold statement, right there. If you're still around when Windows 7 sells at triple the rate XP ever did, why by golly, not only would that be a miracle in itself, I'll make you eat your words.

Back to DX10...
The only entity that can bring true DirectX 10 to Windows XP is Microsoft. Let me say that again to be abundantly clear: [U][B][I]The only entity that can bring true DirectX 10 to Windows XP is Microsoft.[/I][/B][/U]

[U]First reason:[/U] XP was never thought out ahead of time to run DirectX 10. XP was in it's final stages before Microsoft even had a solid idea what they wanted DirectX 10 to even do, much less have a solid model for it. XP was in finishing stages 1999-2000. I don't think we even saw a real developer version of DX10 until after SP2 was released. We all know by SP2, Microsoft was pretty much done with XP (being SP3 is just a rollup, mostly).
[U]#1: XP was never designed or considered to run DX10.[/U]

[U]Second reason:[/U] DX10 itself can't run on Windows XP, it's just not supported. New features like GPU task swapping, GPU memory management, things like that... (Along the same lines of what Aero uses) XP simply doesn't support. Those things are also tied into the kernel and driver layers.
Implementing new driver layers and a new kernel that could support DX10 into XP would essentially turn it into Vista.
Remember? The new driver layer is something you're bitching about right now. To get DX10 on XP, you'd have the exact same driver layer as what you're complaining about right now. The second thing you forget here: Microsoft is still a business and has to make money. Why rewrite XP's kernel for FREE when they can make money with Vista?
[U]#2: It is not technically possible to run DX10 on Windows XP.[/U]

-----------------------------------

So in short, STFU about DX10 and XP.
It is an argument I am sick and tired of hearing about.

Sure, you may have found a little icon that tricks programs into thinking you've got DX10 by modifying some files and editing your version in the registry, but the REAL DX10 games, you'll be SOL on, because XP simply won't run them when they start utilizing the new features.

I want to close with repeating this point for the third time, so you are CLEAR on this:

[U][B][I]The only entity that can bring true DirectX 10 to Windows XP is Microsoft.[/I][/B][/U]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back