did you guys just kill me 30 inch dream?

Hades16x

2[H]4U
I just read the 26 inch or 30 inch which one thread. Ill link it when I'm off My blackberry.

I was aiming to drop multi monitors for a single 30 inch. But it seems that most people in that post feel 26 inch 19x12 monitors are far superior in regards to image quality, picture clairity and color depth.

I sit directly in front of the monitor, so viewing angle is of no importance.

Reason I'm asking us I have a chance to buy 2x samsung 2493hm for 650. I don't even know if these are nice monitors.

Should I take the dual monitor deal or get a 3007wfp or wait for some new 30s to hit?

I make a broken record of this stating that in the end you have to experience for yourself.

Tons of people are very happy with their 30" monitors. If that is what you want give it a shot, but buy from somewhere with an excellent return policy.

Some of us are just really picky. :D

Well I would buy I have 4 days to get the samsungs, no return. I have a 22 samsung now at 16x10 and I don't know if a 24 would be a big enough change in real estate. I only have 700 saved right now so I'm not ordering a 3007 for a while

I agree, this forum has put me off a 30" for now. There are some issues that don't bother me, like high-end colour accuracy or even sparkly coatings or filters or whatever it is, but some of the (many) backlight and general quality problems people have reported really put me off. It also sounds like pretty much every display currently uses the same panel, so I think I'll wait until there are a few more options out there.

Even if I went to a 30 I would still stay multi-monitor, I'd just need a bigger desk...

I mean I've played around on the apple 30 inch. Never gamed on though. I have to problem with image quality or bleeding, polorazation or any other what you mah jiggy. I don't know how the dell panel varies from it in that respect. I know its a faster lcd and much less expensive.

If I'm okay with the apple, will I be okay with the 3007wfp for gaming? I realize that the 3008wfp is probably most close to the apple, but I don't have that much money.

Well I would buy I have 4 days to get the samsungs, no return. I have a 22 samsung now at 16x10 and I don't know if a 24 would be a big enough change in real estate. I only have 700 saved right now so I'm not ordering a 3007 for a while

The resolution on a 24 and 26 are the same so you wouldn't have more real estate by going to a 26. getting 2 24's or 2 26's would be the same amount of real estate, but with the 26 everything would be bigger.

If you are REALLY picky stay with a CRT. I resisted LCDs way past everyone else in our firm but the productivity gains from multiple panels was too great.

We own almost every 30 inch panel model somewhere in our office. Unless you have some specific special requirement I would not spend the extra money for anything other than a Dell 3007 model coupled with an excellent graphics card.

You can try to wait for newer technology 30" panels but they aren't going to be budget priced anytime soon.

Z

So they're not as bad as some of you guys make them out to be. An average Joe should be happy with a 30 at 2560x1600. I'm not an average Joe, but I'm not a videophile. Ill notice things when someone points out a flaw, but usually don't notice otherwise.

I will notice ghosting and tearing though, but neither seem to be a problem with the 3007wfp.

... it seems that most people in that post feel 26 inch 19x12 monitors are far superior in regards to image quality, picture clairity and color depth.

Primary use is for gaming. Sorry.

those issues you mentioned are the ones that annoy me for general use & detailed photo/video editing. for gaming i don't think those are showstoppers... the pace is too fast and you're focusing on other things to even notice, let alone be distracted (my opinion). you just have to look at the gaming criteria that is important to you.. eg lag, tearing etc...

If I'm okay with the apple, will I be okay with the 3007wfp for gaming? I realize that the 3008wfp is probably most close to the apple, but I don't have that much money.

Actually the non "HC" 3007wfp was pretty much identical to the apple, the "HC" (and HP LP3065) uses a newer panel with wider gamut and warmer (non standard) color temperature.
The 3008 has an even wider gamut, more inputs AND more lag (http://www.digitalversus.com/duels.php?ty=6&ma1=88&mo1=316&p1=3023&ma2=88&mo2=237&p2=2302&ph=12), wouldn't choose it for PC gaming...
The LG W3000H seems to use the same panel as dell '08, but with simple electronics like apple and 3007, have not seen a lag test but wouldn't expect it to have noticably more than my 3007-hc.

those issues you mentioned are the ones that annoy me for general use & detailed photo/video editing. for gaming i don't think those are showstoppers... the pace is too fast and you're focusing on other things to even notice, let alone be distracted (my opinion). you just have to look at the gaming criteria that is important to you.. eg lag, tearing etc...

Sorry I'm having trouble understanding what you wanted to get across. Ive read it a couple times.

the 30inch annoys you for general use and photo/video editing, but for gaming they dont bother you?
or:
26inch 1920x1200 are show stoppers
or:
I annoy your for asking this question over and over and I'm a retard for wanting to game on a 30in 2560x1600?

I wont to offense to any of them.

Just for reference sake, I own a 24" and 30" Gateway (FHD2400 & XHD3000). They sit side by side, along with the three other computers in my room (kids) that all use my older FD CRT's. The 30" is by far the best looking screen in the room.

The 24" has a wider color gamut, the blacks looks awesome... but at the expense of making the darks too dark. They drowned out the subtle details. The 30" still has inky blacks, but without lose of detail. Text on it is crystal clear at native resolution and Blu-Ray and gaming is simply amazing (and I'm used to the $10k 1080p Pioneer Elites I used to sell).

Having said that, I do not do any photo or video editing, so I've not had to worry about extremely precise color reproduction. If that is what you are after, then other's input will definatley be more educated. However, if you are looking for a monitor for average home use and gaming, I personally don't think you could go wrong with a 30"... particularly one with as nice of a video processor in it as the Gateway. Soley my opinion.

Cloud15X - Mind if I ask where you can get 2 of those for $650. I came across your post after looking for reviews of that exact monitor. I had seen prices at $450 for one, so I'd much rather have 2 for $650.

Thanks.

Cloud15X - Mind if I ask where you can get 2 of those for $650. I came across your post after looking for reviews of that exact monitor. I had seen prices at $450 for one, so I'd much rather have 2 for $650.

Thanks.

I have a friend that has two coming to him for free(won them) and he doesn't want them.

not to jack your thread, but your title cracks me up everytime it floats up to the top.
are ye irish? aye me lucky charms! :)

the 30inch annoys you for general use and photo/video editing, but for gaming they dont bother you?
yeah, that's what i was trying to say. and that if gaming is your primary use, then a lot of those pic quality issues (grainy from anti glare, ips glow etc...) don't bother me at during gaming. that said, you would only need to look into the issues that will effect gaming (lag, ghosting, tearing etc...)

hope that makes more sense

I love my 30 inch besides the buzzing sound at max brightness...but then again I don't use max brightness so....

I agree, this forum has put me off a 30" for now. There are some issues that don't bother me, like high-end colour accuracy or even sparkly coatings or filters or whatever it is, but some of the (many) backlight and general quality problems people have reported really put me off. It also sounds like pretty much every display currently uses the same panel, so I think I'll wait until there are a few more options out there.

Even if I went to a 30 I would still stay multi-monitor, I'd just need a bigger desk...

you are quite correct about lcd screen panels, only a few companies actually make them like samsung, AUO, chimei, acer, sharp although AUO is really just an offshoot of acer just like benq and lg/philips

you are quite correct about lcd screen panels, only a few companies actually make them like samsung, AUO, chimei, acer, sharp although AUO is really just an offshoot of acer just like benq and lg/philips

the 30'' are only from samsung (sam., eizo, Gateway ) and LGphilips, (apple, hp, dell, LG, Hazro, DS)

Back