Did my 6800gt just die overnight? HELP

Narius

Limp Gawd
Ok well i went to turn on my comp and i had no picture when it booted, so i checked and everything was connected properly but my Xfx 6800gt fan wasnt spinning.. so now i dont know what to do becuase it was working fine the day before, and for the last 7 months, but now for some reason its not working.. is it possible for it to just die overnight? :confused: :confused: :( :(

Yes it is possible for your card to die overnight, but it is very unlikely. Did you check to see if everything else was running properly. It might just be your power supply, what are your system specs.

well my psu is a thermaltake 430w psu with 18amps on the 12v rail....... its been running perfectly stable along with a 3700+ sandy @ stock speeds, 2 hd's, and a couple fans since september.......

try another machine. if your board had onboard video, turn it on without the card installed. if the card works outside your machine, then try taking other components out one by one to see if that helps. if you are that point anyway, you probably need a new PSU.

well right now i have no other computer with a pci-e slot and i dont have a spare gfx card soo.... :( :(

still cant get it to work.. im gonna call xfx up and see what theyll do :(

also if it helps i get one long beep and two short ones... like beeeeeeeeeep beep beep
at startup

That means the BIOS can't even see the video card at all. In other words, it thinks there isn't anything in the slot.

Back