Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

Not impressed with S3.
The mechanical companion looks bad and it just annoys me that it exists. I feel like it's an unkillable/bugged mob that keeps following me around.
I still have to get annoyed by traps, but everyone is complaining about it. I guess I haven't gotten that far yet. Guess another season where I just complete the battle pass and then let the game rest.

I heard there are two teams that create seasons. Team 1 did S1 and S3 and Team 2 did S2 (and future S4).
Might be why it's fucked up.

Why, because Youtubers said so?
Nah, I try not to let allow streamers to sway my opinion.

More so the fact that they're already doing a Campfire one day into the new season to address "feedback".

This, coupled with talks that Season 1 (also lackluster) being done by the same team as this season, but not Season 2.

Bad vibes dude. But I'll probably end up doing the same thing I did last season; wait 3 weeks and play it casually. :bored:

I haven't beaten the game but I want to make a seasonal character. Would I miss out on anything?

I wanted to play this season but after 10 minutes of killing mobs in the desert trying to level I started second guessing myself.

It sounds like this season is the worst of the three due to the traps mechanic being annoying and punishing rewards if you get caught in too many traps per run. Doesn’t sound like a fun game mechanic for an ARPG.

Yeah the pet mechanic isn't doing it for me.

Last season was great because the seasonal mechanic buffed the player. This season's mechanic buffs a pet that I don't even see on the screen 90% of the time, feels entirely underpowered, with zero customization for it outside of the stones that take massive amounts of time to grind experience for. All of it makes it feel like a massive nerf to the character, when you compare it to how powerful we felt last season.

It's not underpowered but it takes a LOT to get it going. Think of it more as a snowball going down a slight incline for while before it finally gets up to speed. I'm rolling through WT4 with the admittedly poor-scaling Firewall sorc and all my gear is level 60 except my gloves (level 35, lol) and my amulet at 71. I've yet to really power it up because the construct is supplemental enough that I don't need to.

Basically, it feels stronger the further you go with it whereas the vampiric powers were ridiculously strong from the start and it covered your ass when you were weakest *and* it amplified your late game power. The construct simply doesn't do the first part of that.

That said, the patch was a massive help and I really hope this is the kick in the ass the whole team needed. We desperately need the PTR for D4 because they can't keep taking Ls on the fucking forehead like the initial phase of this season.

I haven't beaten the game but I want to make a seasonal character. Would I miss out on anything?
Yes, you'll miss out on not having to tolerate one of the most annoying, irrelevant, woke, bullshit NPC's ever in a video game.

Well, I'm about to give up on the season. I have everything but the new boss & uber lilith complete for the season journey.

They fixed the cheap ways to kill her for everyone but barb (I'm playing a sorc), and I just lag to much to be able to fight her. The waves give you roughly a second, but you need to remember that the edges (the most visible part) don't start appearing until half a second in. Add to that human reaction time as well as delay because of lag, and that gives me roughly 0.1 seconds to actually think about what I'm going to do as well as do it. Seriously Blizzard, half the USA lives on the east coast, and yet you don't have a server there, so I'm stuck with a 100+ms ping.

And the new uber boss got it's materials changed to a very rare item, and you need 7 of these. It will happen, but might take a while. Though they disabled trading due to another dupe. The conspiracy theorist in me says they did this on purpose to catch dupers, because it's unrealistic to face the uber boss more than 5x in a day unless you're duping, and there are multiple people running the boss hours on end.

Realistically though? Blizzard is just stupid. Multiple major streamers actively encourage their fans to dupe and are cheating via proxy. If Blizzard was actually serious about being anti-cheat, they need to start banning these streamers such as Rob. But they're not going to do that.

I'm such a casual newb with Diablo IV, had no idea to play a current season, you need to create a brand new level 1 character. That's news to me LOL As I had a really fun Level 50 Rogue and a Level 30 Druid, but I can't play them now in season 3?

Anyways I created a fresh new season 3 character, a Barbarian my first time playing this class, got to level 10, doing the Upheaval build wow this seems like will be a very fun class and build :)

I have a level 60 sorceress in Season 3 and I have to admit that this is the worst one so far. The new pet feels really underpowered compared to the season 1 malignant hearts and season 2 vampiric abilities. I'll probably keep playing it casually with my friends but it's not good IMO.

Finally completed the season. Terrible Genius!

Uber Lilith is not fun. The people at Blizzard need to one day actually try playing their game, and not just locally. Connect to the Europe server, so you can understand the lag most of us face on a daily basis. Then use that as a basis for what's balanced and what's not.

Getting frustrated with the idiots on reddit who think Lilith is fine. Got downvoted because I just asked if the person could show their ping. Any time someone says it's a fair fight, I ask that question. And almost none of them ever respond. The few that do all have a 10-40ms ping. I've yet to see someone with a 100+ ms ping think this fight is fair.

But it's done. Videos don't really show the input lag that occurs or the other lag that occurs in the game. I used a meteor to time when I have to start moving. If I don't pre-move, I'm dead every time. Sure, I don't know where the waves are going to come, but at least 4 out of 5 times, it makes dodging them possible.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRzHQ0KApoE

Not impressed with S3.
The mechanical companion looks bad and it just annoys me that it exists. I feel like it's an unkillable/bugged mob that keeps following me around.
I still have to get annoyed by traps, but everyone is complaining about it. I guess I haven't gotten that far yet. Guess another season where I just complete the battle pass and then let the game rest.

I changed my mind here, a bit.
I wish the companion had different look, but I managed to get taunt skill for it combined with some beam that hits 7 targets. It's great at holding aggro off my squishy rogue. The thing just runs around beaming the crap out of mobs, lol. Like a walking beam turret.

Vaults are not that much of a hassle since I can with 20 stacks of the buff complete the vault with 10+ left, without being extremely careful around traps.
Battle pass armor looks really cool, especially on sorceress. Quite a few cool things there and imo the best battle pass so far.

I'm such a casual newb with Diablo IV, had no idea to play a current season, you need to create a brand new level 1 character. That's news to me LOL As I had a really fun Level 50 Rogue and a Level 30 Druid, but I can't play them now in season 3?

Anyways I created a fresh new season 3 character, a Barbarian my first time playing this class, got to level 10, doing the Upheaval build wow this seems like will be a very fun class and build :)
There are two realms for characters: Eternal and Seasonal. Seasonal transfers to Eternal when the season is done so, of course, you can't play an Eternal character on the Seasonal realm. Diablo 3 had the Seasonal rebirth which stripped your non-seasonal character of all gear and accumulated XP to start the new season as a "new" level 1 but it was a great way of keeping continuity of a character and hopefully they'll add this to D4 soon. Personally, I like knowing how many hours each character has and I feel it adds more attachment to them over multiple seasons.

I have a level 60 sorceress in Season 3 and I have to admit that this is the worst one so far. The new pet feels really underpowered compared to the season 1 malignant hearts and season 2 vampiric abilities. I'll probably keep playing it casually with my friends but it's not good IMO.
It's not underpowered at all it just doesn't give you most of the power right away like last season. The issue is how much it takes to get the damn thing going: you have to find an absurd amount of a given stone to get it to level 10 but there are a dozen governing stones and what, 20 tuning stones, all of which need to get to level 10. So they're competing with each other on the loot table AND the worst part is that a new seasonal character has to do the whole fucking grind again. They need to make these things account wide (same with paragon Glyphs) but the gaming industry is spilling over with corporate bullshit and non-gamers so this is the disconnect we have to deal with.

Anyhow, you can use the Firefly stone with supporting stones and kill Duriel so it can be pretty damn strong especially if your character is:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHArDkX8kKU

It's not underpowered at all it just doesn't give you most of the power right away like last season.
I think that's the problem though (or just my problem). It takes an insane amount of grinding to get a stone to 10. I was already slightly burnt out of the gameplay loop last season, and just the thought of the grind this season was enough to make me nope out.

They definitely made Vaults a lot better after the patch, though! Not sure how I feel about them nerfing the shit out of the seasonal mechanic (traps) to do that, however.

I think that's the problem though (or just my problem). It takes an insane amount of grinding to get a stone to 10. I was already slightly burnt out of the gameplay loop last season, and just the thought of the grind this season was enough to make me nope out.

They definitely made Vaults a lot better after the patch, though! Not sure how I feel about them nerfing the shit out of the seasonal mechanic (traps) to do that, however.
With the changes, getting all the stones to 10 takes no time at all now. You complete Whispers, you get stones. You complete Vaults, you get stones. You'll get roughly 4-5 pearls per dungeon, so you can just spend 4 to get 40, which is more than enough to even poorly make your way through them.

But the best way is through spending shattered stones on the caches from the jeweler. Unlike the dungeons, they're guaranteed to be ones you haven't leveled to 10. Like after grinding up my 5 glyphs to 15, I had roughly 30k shattered stones and was able to complete my stones to all level 10 that way.

That said, I'm just not enjoying this season. I've completed the season journey, and leaderboards just don't interest me.

Yeah, I'm surprised they nerfed the traps while also buffing the warding stones to the point that the Zoltun's warding is trivial. 1:10 ratio was way too much because now I don't give a damn about however many wardings I lose running through a vault.

With the changes, getting all the stones to 10 takes no time at all now. You complete Whispers, you get stones. You complete Vaults, you get stones. You'll get roughly 4-5 pearls per dungeon, so you can just spend 4 to get 40, which is more than enough to even poorly make your way through them.

But the best way is through spending shattered stones on the caches from the jeweler. Unlike the dungeons, they're guaranteed to be ones you haven't leveled to 10. Like after grinding up my 5 glyphs to 15, I had roughly 30k shattered stones and was able to complete my stones to all level 10 that way.

That said, I'm just not enjoying this season. I've completed the season journey, and leaderboards just don't interest me.
I've crafted hundreds at this point and more than half the tuning stones are still below 10. The point is that for those who want to have multiple characters this is going to be a fucking slog because there are too many tuning stones on the same loot table and that it takes a while to get the resources to craft enough caches to make a difference.

Yeah, I'm surprised they nerfed the traps while also buffing the warding stones to the point that the Zoltun's warding is trivial. 1:10 ratio was way too much because now I don't give a damn about however many wardings I lose running through a vault.

I've crafted hundreds at this point and more than half the tuning stones are still below 10. The point is that for those who want to have multiple characters this is going to be a fucking slog because there are too many tuning stones on the same loot table and that it takes a while to get the resources to craft enough caches to make a difference.
It depends on how far you upgrade your glyphs. If you're just going to 15, that's one thing. If you need to upgrade 6 glyphs to 21 though, you'll have more than enough materials to get every stone to 10.

Though I'd certainly agree that it's a grind. That's one major issue affecting Diablo 4 right now. There's too much grinding, with only like 10% of the items, stones, etc. actually being useful while the other 90% are fillers to make sure you have to play 200+ hours in a season if you want to get fully powered.

Well, on the forums, someone inadvertently put up a Lilith kill video that I can finally demonstrate with proof that it's not fair.

Their video at roughly the 30s mark, they survive with ease.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USJyGxRva5Q&t=30s

My video, doing nearly exactly the same thing, I die.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqMVglqnVL8

I slowed their video and went frame by frame to see what happened and did the same with mine. In mine, the wave starts to appear 30 frames in, and I start moving 67 frames in, so a grand total of 37 frames difference. In theirs, they start to move after 40 frames. So, I actually start 3 frames sooner in terms of movement.

And this is the location that we're both at in the beginning of movement. And we both have the exact same movement speed. I'm on the left, he's on the right.

1706667892631.png

The only real key difference is that I have twice the ping. I'm sick of people on reddit telling me to just "git gud" and not believe that latency doesn't affect this battle tremendously, giving a huge leg up to people. And to Blizzard deciding to put in stupid one-shot mechanics in an online game that were designed for people living near a server.

Just checking in. I stopped playing on release of this bullshit. Hopefully one day this one will follow suit like d3 and I’ll wake up and people are like “wtf? d4 is good now!”
The problem with the game it doesn't feel like Diablo feels like a over the top Action game. The first starting area was the only section of the game I liked because your character wasn't overpowered with flashy spells and abilities. Your eyes can't track all that fast nonsence late game. The maps all look nice but the Gameplay doesn't sync with the maps.

I don't know what you guys are smoking. The game is pretty good. I don't play hardcore and while I do get to lvl 100 (because they buffed XP significantly in S2), I don't farm ubers as I don't like the low chance and everything becoming pretty much obsolete the day next season starts.
But I'm having fun. Not 8 hours per day fun, but 1-2 hours to do 2-4 dungeons and some world activities is enough. There are other games to play and outside gaming activities to do.

I don't know what you guys are smoking. The game is pretty good. I don't play hardcore and while I do get to lvl 100 (because they buffed XP significantly in S2), I don't farm ubers as I don't like the low chance and everything becoming pretty much obsolete the day next season starts.
But I'm having fun. Not 8 hours per day fun, but 1-2 hours to do 2-4 dungeons and some world activities is enough. There are other games to play and outside gaming activities to do.

Totally agree

Decided to finally try out Xfal's ring for my firewall sorc and holy shit it's fun. Bumped me up a couple tiers of damage on its own and the firewall's constant damage ticks make sure it triggers frequently. It's a cacophony of explosions across the screen, highly recommended

This you?:
Not impressed with S3.
Yeah I caught your followup:
I changed my mind here, a bit.
I wish the companion had different look, but I managed to get taunt skill for it combined with some beam that hits 7 targets. It's great at holding aggro off my squishy rogue. The thing just runs around beaming the crap out of mobs, lol. Like a walking beam turret.

Vaults are not that much of a hassle since I can with 20 stacks of the buff complete the vault with 10+ left, without being extremely careful around traps.
Battle pass armor looks really cool, especially on sorceress. Quite a few cool things there and imo the best battle pass so far.

I kinda feel like people's displeasure with the game should be self explanatory to you just going through your post history in this thread.

This you?:

Yeah I caught your followup:

I kinda feel like people's displeasure with the game should be self explanatory to you just going through your post history in this thread.

Yeah, I have a love/hate relationship with Diablo 4.

Still don't like the look of the pet. I haven't touched necro because I'm not a pet player, but this feels forced on me and looks like a random mob just hanging around.
S3 is fine although I got into late game after they nerfed the traps.

I will add this much:
I never played Path of Exile over Diablo 3, and I will not play Last Epoch(even though I own it)/Path of Exile 2 over Diablo 4.

Last edited:
Still over priced.....

Been playing D2 lately. I forgot how fun that one was. Didn't know the game can be played in 4k these days. Had to get my glasses

Still over priced.....

Been playing D2 lately. I forgot how fun that one was. Didn't know the game can be played in 4k these days. Had to get my glasses
Yes this is the 4th time it's been $42 since November, never lower.
I would be interested if we could play older seasons somehow. The vampire one sounded fun. But still wouldn't pay that much for it.

Also D2R is $13. There is a sitewide sale on Blizz/Activision.

Still over priced.....

Myself I wouldn't play D2/Resurrected even if someone gifted me the game. I don't think Diablo 4 is overpriced even at its full price.
It seems popular to hate on it nowadays.

Back