Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

I tried killing her on my 74 rogue. Big nope. Anything she did would one shot me and I've stacked hp legendaries and have probably about 1500 extra life from items.
Fortunately it's just her, no trash mobs so you won't waste a lot of time.
Damn. Hmmm might need to give her a shot 1 day. Worst thing that can happen is I die quickly lol.

Damn. Hmmm might need to give her a shot 1 day. Worst thing that can happen is I die quickly lol.
She one shots just about anything. It's pretty much all about learning the mechanics of the fight and having enough DPS to not make it a complete slog.

Barbarian is quite fun to play. Just too bad about all those weapons hanging on him that I never use. Ruins the look.

Finally got Tempest Roar for my Druid. Tornado wolf is disgusting, I expect it'll be nerfed in the foreseeable future.

Just finished the main storyline for Diablo IV.

It was fantastic to say the least. That Act VI cinematic was bonkers!

A LOT of questions remain though. Can't wait for the Expansions.

That damned Mephisto had his fingers in the pie the whole damn time! He orchestrated everything, maybe even the events of the previous games too!

Last edited:
That damned Mephisto had his fingers in the pie the whole damn time! He orchestrated everything, maybe even the events of the previous games too!
Nah, I think that's reaching a bit. In fact I don't think he'd even have featured in this game (other than a cameo), if it were not for his relationship with you know who.

Nah, I think that's reaching a bit. In fact I don't think he'd even have featured in this game (other than a cameo), if it were not for his relationship with you know who.
He's the one who killed your horse, he's also the one who "saved you" from freezing to death, he manipulated you from the beginning to the end, he used Lillith as a tool, manipulated Nyrelle by acting "afraid" into using the soulstone on him to free him from Hell.He's also the one who tortured Inarius in Hell and filled him with Hatred for mankind a hatred that would fullfil the prophecy at the hands of Lillith. He is the oldest of the Prime Evils & also the most cunning.

My buddy with a level 100 Necro ran me through some high level nightmare dungeons and I finally got some gear upgrades, including (sort of) the unique boots I needed. Also finally starting to get the glyphs I need and get some levels on them. Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Also, his build is sick. Just totally wipes everything. Shame my flurry rogue will never get to that point, but it's still fun.

I think I'm going to build a druid or a barb for S1.

Speaking of, looks like some details are starting to come out.

Looks like the season objectives are practically copy paste from D3. I wonder how those tie in to the battle pass. Maybe that's what those silver coins are for in the tier reward:

F0URvYNWwAYHh7s.jpeg

Yeah I’ve been nothing but 100% lightning sorc since the start, and at level 71 even regular dungeons are rough at tw4.

Maybe I need to ditch glass cannon at this point as well.
Yeah Armenius told me about dropping the Ass Cannon stuff a couple weeks ago and taking anything that gives me health and toughness. One of my paragon boards gave be 250 Armor, eventually... I'm still getting smeared at level 84 but in case you guys and gals don't know who the Nightmare Dungeon Scaling works here it is:

Take the Rating of the Sigil and add 54 to it. That's the effective level of the Mobs.

You want to run a Sigil that is no more than 3 above your current level. Why? The XP boost caps out at Your level + 3 Nightmare Difficulty. You earn +25% on top of the Nightmare buffs for +3 Levels above your current level.

So, in my case at Level 84, I need a Sigil Rating 33 to be 3 Levels above my current player level to maximize XP earning.

I switched to all Ice from a blend of skills. I do less AoE damage but I can pop and make vulnerable more enemies.

I'm kinda sick of the grind fest. All I am doing at this point is leveling my Board Glyphs to 15 Across the board and dumping the points into rounding out my build. At level 15 the Glyphs often can exceed their current level of power and deliver incredible damage.

My buddy with a level 100 Necro ran me through some high level nightmare dungeons and I finally got some gear upgrades, including (sort of) the unique boots I needed. Also finally starting to get the glyphs I need and get some levels on them. Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Also, his build is sick. Just totally wipes everything. Shame my flurry rogue will never get to that point, but it's still fun.

I think I'm going to build a druid or a barb for S1.

Speaking of, looks like some details are starting to come out.

Looks like the season objectives are practically copy paste from D3. I wonder how those tie in to the battle pass. Maybe that's what those silver coins are for in the tier reward:

View attachment 581686
What is your buddy running for his core build? I started with Sorc and rerolled Necro. So far pretty fun.

Starts July 20th.
Takes place after the events of the D4 campaign. New threat emerged - malignance, corruption spreading in beast, demon, human hearts. Changing them into blood thirsty fiends.
New character Kormand (ph). Ex-preist of the cathedral of light, diving deeper into the new threat. Finding himself out of his depth.
Will start season in Kyovashad, can start new story right away. Start at level 1 and start following new storyline.
Trying to add more stuff to seasons to appeal to everything a player does - new story, new challenges, new things to fight, new powers and builds, wants to hit all those notes.
New mechanic, the threat - the malignant. Any elite monster can spawn as a malignant monster with additional powers, will expose a heart that can be interacted with to start a ritual. New more powerful version spawned. If you can beat the more powerful version, now it drops a caged heart item that can be used like a gem. Can be socketed into gear, "enormous amount of power" on par with a legendary item.
New builds "stupid powerful, hopefully balanced"
32 new malignant powers. Come in categories (Brutal are blue) and can only go in sockets of matching colours. 3 colours of sockets, 4 colors of hearts. Wrathful hearts fit in any socket, rare and powerful. (Showed off two hearts but my youtube stream decided to auto downgrade down to 280p, so I couldn't read the effects.)
Super elites buff nearby enemies, want to fight them in higher world tiers to get stronger hearts. Can break down hearts into crafting materials to craft new items like "invokers." Can use them at specific places (Malignant tunnels) to spawn malignant elites. Specific dungeons with malignants, and can guarantee a specific type of malignant. Targeted farming. Invoker items look like "turkey basters from hell."
New boss monster, not talking about it too much.
New legendary items and powers.
New unique items.
New items not season exclusive, will show up in eternal realm too.
Season patch will be out July 18th so season can launch on 20th. On 18th, all new stuff will be available on eternal realm (Sneak preview.) As well as new balance changes, features, etc.
Seasonal journey feature. Season journey has 7 chapters, each chapter has a number of objectives to advance to next chapter. (Don't have to do them all). Collect favor for things like collecting 15 gallowvine, complete any dungeon, complete a cellar, etc. Season journey can let you collect new legendary aspects.
Don't need the battlepass to have access to season journey.
Battlepass has stuff for free players too, can unlock stuff without buying it.
Special cosmetics, titles, in the season journey.
Can play through original campaign in season and still unlock stuff during seasonal journey, won't encounter malignant until you progress seasonal story. Some features only available after you beat the campaign.
Can skip campaign to with new seasonal characters if you've already beaten campaign. They recommend beating the campaign before the season starts.
Not all seasons will start in Kyovashad.
New mounts and mounts armor - tier 1 battle pass rewared. New transmogs. Free stuff is "low fantasy" stuff like artisans tunic, epic stuff is premium.
Some stuff will be class specific.
Only difference between free and premium battle passes are cosmetics.
Blessings are in the battle passes (free and premium). Smoldering ashes - if you have a character of a specific level, you can take them and use them to seasonal blessings. Invest ashes to give exp boosts, gold boosts, elixir durations, rare salvage material drop chance, malignant heart drop chance. Invest more ashes to improve boosts. Available to everyone, limited based on level of the player so if you were to use tier skips, can't unlock stuff until you hit level requirement.
Yep, pass skips are a thing.
Emphasizing power that is part of the pass for all players, you don't have to spend a cent. Premium stuff is transmog only, no items or pay to win.
Renown and fog of war: When season 1 goes live, players can carry over fog of war they've explored, as well as all renown earned. Altars of Lillith carrying over. Will have skill points, extra potions, etc at the very start of the season with your character as long as they are unlocked in the eternal realm. Recommend clearing renown before season starts.
Will need to log in with an existing character to migrate data - for example if you have one character with all map cleared, and one alt with partial map cleared, log in with your character with most progress to set your progress baseline, and will unlock all that progress across all your characters. Only have to do it once, can do it once the patch drops on the 18th. If you have one character who has done all of Fractured Peaks, and one character who has done all of Scosglen, log in to both characters to transfer their data over (you will unlock both regions' progress) and you will unlock Scosglen map data and renown on the Fractured Peaks character and vice versa.
Not the most elegant solution, but they had to implement it quickly based on player feedback. They are "making it work." Reading lots of feedback. (Could they even be here, right now?!?! Hi devs)
Season one patch "Super chonkers" (very, very large patch)

Last edited:
Disappointed, no Tier 5 world announcement and higher item level.
It's again going to be pointless to level past 70. What the fuck Blizzard.

I don't suppose there is the option to NOT import our fog of war and renown, is there? I'd prefer not to.

I'll hope for larger enemies. Feels like there are only a handful of enemies that are truly gigantic in D4, and I miss that. It's hard to be intimidated by yet another clone enemy that's only like 5 times bigger than my human character.

I don't suppose there is the option to NOT import our fog of war and renown, is there? I'd prefer not to.

• Players will have all previously discovered Areas and Altars of Lilith unlocked at the start of Season 1.
  • All previously earned Renown associated with discovered Areas and Altars of Lilith will carry over to new Seasonal characters.
  • In order to unlock this progress for Seasonal characters, players will need to log in with a character that has already earned these Renown objectives after the Patch on July 18th.

Exactly, meaning if I want to play my original Sorcerer to try out the patch it is going to import all that progress into the seasonal realm without giving me a choice in the matter.

Disappointed, no Tier 5 world announcement and higher item level.
It's again going to be pointless to level past 70. What the fuck Blizzard.
Not sure that is a true statement. It has taken me quite a long time to try to get all 800+ Item level on my gear.

Last edited:
Good. They don’t need to add that for a while.

Elaborate why is it not needed? Other than that pointless post.

Not sure that is a true statement. It has taken me quite a long time to try to get all 800+ Item level on my gear.

I got a 813 bow at level 64. Literaly no need for a new weapon. I only have a couple of items around 760 power and one of them is unique boots. 40 levels higher would add nothing. Once you get 750 power on items the rest of the upgrades are minor, the real power comes from paragon.
Once you get to T4 which most classes can do at about lvl 60, you start getting ancient gear and that's when your 60-something character can get 800 item. So by 75 you should have all items above 760 and for 25 levels you're just grinding for levels to gain paragon points and progress in nightmare dungeons. POINTLESS.

I have had no issues getting good gear even on lower levels.
My barbarian at level 53 got a 709 polearm. So 10 levels without weapon upgrade because that's the breakpoint for sacred/ancestral gear.
The itemization is all over the place.

Last edited:

I got a 813 bow at level 64. Literaly no need for a new weapon. I only have a couple of items around 760 power and one of them is unique boots. 40 levels higher would add nothing. Once you get 750 power on items the rest of the upgrades are minor, the real power comes from paragon.
Once you get to T4 which most classes can do at about lvl 60, you start getting ancient gear and that's when your 60-something character can get 800 item. So by 75 you should have all items above 760 and for 25 levels you're just grinding for levels to gain paragon points and progress in nightmare dungeons. POINTLESS.

I have had no issues getting good gear even on lower levels.
My barbarian at level 53 got a 709 polearm. So 10 levels without weapon upgrade because that's the breakpoint for sacred/ancestral gear.
The itemization is all over the place.
If you have all optimized gear at 750+ when you're level 70 then you're extremely lucky. For most it takes much longer. This has been the core of Diablo for long term players. Grind gear and difficulty. If that isn't appealing then the game is probably not for you.

Last edited:
If you have all optimized gear at 750+ when you're level 70 then you're extremely lucky. For most it takes much longer. This has been the core of Diablo for long term players. Grind gear and difficulty. If that isn't appealing then the game is probably not for you.

The game is for me, it's just that most people have moved past the mindless grind. Old and new players. You must be the minority.
I don't know man, I'm not that retarded to be both autistic and have ocd to continue running the same damn dungeon over and over again just so I can get absolutely best gear for what reason again?
The game needed to evolve. Blizzard fucked up royally. They wanted a MMO but there are no social tabs, clans are useless, chat is useless, other players in the world are useless.
Diablo 4 in its development was basically way too ambitious and the team most likely gave up on delivering everything and settled "half way". They wanted World of Diablo but gave up after creating the core and the world and just said "fuck it, let's just do Diablo 3.5".

The game is for me, it's just that most people have moved past the mindless grind. Old and new players. You must be the minority.
I don't know man, I'm not that retarded to be both autistic and have ocd to continue running the same damn dungeon over and over again just so I can get absolutely best gear for what reason again?
The game needed to evolve. Blizzard fucked up royally. They wanted a MMO but there are no social tabs, clans are useless, chat is useless, other players in the world are useless.
Diablo 4 in its development was basically way too ambitious and the team most likely gave up on delivering everything and settled "half way". They wanted World of Diablo but gave up after creating the core and the world and just said "fuck it, let's just do Diablo 3.5".
Did you play Diablo II? Yes you can beat the game super easy but the point is to keep grinding and keep finding the best of the best.

For one, the game just came out. Second, it is taking quite a while already to get ancestral items with good affixes. There is no need for anything further right now.

I thought it was pretty well accepted that that is the end game for these types of games. I too wish the game evolved more from the classic Diablo experience but when I see the amount of people who paid $30 more for a 4 day head start I have to think they still succeeded financially on this one.

I thought it was pretty well accepted that that is the end game for these types of games. I too wish the game evolved more from the classic Diablo experience but when I see the amount of people who paid $30 more for a 4 day head start I have to think they still succeeded financially on this one.

If you read Diablo 4 official US/EU forums as well as Reddit, it quickly becomes apparent very very very few like the game past lvl 60-70.
It was accepted 20 years ago, and I was around back then in my teens when Diablo 1/2 released.
Times change, kids from those days have grown up, new kids are different, gaming has evolved and Diablo has to evolve as well.
People including myself paid premium because we were shown Act 1. Should've known better.

If you read Diablo 4 official US/EU forums as well as Reddit, it quickly becomes apparent very very very few like the game past lvl 60-70.
It was accepted 20 years ago, and I was around back then in my teens when Diablo 1/2 released.
Times change, kids from those days have grown up, new kids are different, gaming has evolved and Diablo has to evolve as well.
People including myself paid premium because we were shown Act 1. Should've known better.
See I was around too, I've played D1-4 and as I said earlier, hoped it would change more. But it hasn't really and if the game is a large success I doubt it does change. Really the only change over D3 is that they've added a new revenue stream with dumb cosmetics that's in just about in every MP game now. Maybe that's what the new kids want?

In its current state, I can agree the post-70 content is pretty bare bones. But with future expansions/season content, I really do think the journey to 60-70 has a great foundation to build from.

I put maybe Approx 35 hours into this and I am only at level 43 with a druid. I have no idea how much time you'd have to sink into this game to complain about lack of content this close the game release.

For reference I still have at least 50% of the map to discover. I have done no side missions. Only have done relevant dungeons with aspects that help me as a druid.

I did all of the altars of Lilith, and made sure I did most of the map locations for renown. But none of the locked t3 renown things. And that’s it besides the main storyline. No side quests no grinding no speed leveling.

On the topic of time, unless you are keeping track of your time how would you know? There is not in game timer as far as I know and I know the launcher does not do it. So theres that. My guess is probably a bit higher since I have no real accurate way of knowing. And nor does anyone else unless they are tracking it.

Excellent game so far. I don't mind the price of admission. I am taking my time and enjoying it. I’ll likely finish my necromancies and finish a barb. That’s plenty of content and moneys worth for me. No complaints here.

I’ve paid as much or more for much worse games. I just think some people have so much time they will never be satisfied or so it seems.

Last edited:
How the hell do you have 35 hours with so little accomplished? Just hanging out in town or something? The main story is only around 20 hours, and even that's kind of a stretch.

Also, fyi there's a soft level cap before you complete the campaign and move to wt3, the xp slows to an absolute crawl around level 40. Just about everyone finishes around level 45/46 regardless of number side quests or dungeons done.

So, I hope you aren't running around killing packs of mobs and doing world events hoping to grind xp and gear, because it's a massive waste of time until you're in wt3. At least finish the campaign first.

In my case I'm level 72, been playing maybe an hour or 2 a night since launch (not literally every night). I still haven't finished my renown for a few areas, but I have all the statues and the whole map uncovered.cso, I'm moving to endgame stage now.

I get the complaints about the end game, and I don't think it's content, exactly.

The core of the issue is itemization. There's so few things to give that dopamine hit when it drops. You're literally trashing 2 full inventory worth of gear every nightmare dungeon. You run and run and run, in the hopes that you find an item with 3 out of 4 attributes that are maybe 1-2% better. Feels like you're just comparing numbers on a spreadsheet.

So yeah, plenty to do, I guess. Nightmare dungeons, helltides, world bosses, legion events. What reward do you get? No upgrades, at least none that make you go "oh shit!" And that's where the issue lies: d2 had the rune hunt, D3 had powerful sets and uniques to hunt for. D4 has you running the endgame loop that maybe you might find a unique that when it drops has "Lucky hit: while berzering and you score a critical strike on an already bleeding enemy that is crowd controlled you receive a 5% discount on your next kfc purchase for 1.5 seconds"

So on top of the bad loot design, it's also pointless, there's no targeted farming, and all of the endgame events pull from the exact same loot table. You don't get any higher rewards for a high tier nightmare dungeon that a lowe tier one. World bosses don't drop anything better than elite packs or helltides chests, other than maybe a mount.

Bear in mind. I'm not complaining, I still enjoy the game, I just recognize what a lot of other people are complaining about is valid and when it gets fixed the game will be much better.

Back