Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

Hit level 19 and realized I could upgrade my health potion. Is there somewhere I can upgrade mana. Also when tf do I get my mount?

Still learning but game is boring af and also addictive if that makes sense. I am full lightning sorc build and can’t find the ice shield that makes incoming attacks numb.

Am such a nub lol. Only spent maybe 5 hours so still lots to learn/do I guess.

No mana potions, you might be able to get more mana in gear but not sure... And the mount is begging or end of act 4.

I am full lightning sorc build and can’t find the ice shield that makes incoming attacks numb.

Am such a nub lol. Only spent maybe 5 hours so still lots to learn/do I guess.

As a fellow lightning sorc

Outside of Spark & Chain Lightning, Firebolt cover's you when it comes to resistances.

As for mana, invest your skill points in Intelligence and equip gear that emphasizes Lightning + Intelligence.

- Also side quests (apparently important)... I almost missed the potion/blacksmith upgrades myself. So yeahhhhhhh

Untitled.jpg

https://d4planner.io/skilltree/Sorcerer/

- I'm guessing that the skill/droid you're looking for (y)

Que's are gone for me now.. Got right in
Qué?
As a fellow lightning sorc

Outside of Spark & Chain Lightning, Firebolt cover's you when it comes to resistances.

As for mana, invest your skill points in Intelligence and equip gear that emphasizes Lightning + Intelligence.

- Also side quests (apparently important)... I almost missed the potion/blacksmith upgrades myself. So yeahhhhhhh

View attachment 575580
https://d4planner.io/skilltree/Sorcerer/

- I'm guessing that the skill/droid you're looking for (y)
I've found Willpower to be more beneficial to mana management than intelligence. It increases your mana regeneration rate and also has the benefit of increasing your overpower damage. Intelligence just increases your skill damage, and the all resist bonus per point is too low to think about. That is not to say that intelligence isn't important, I'd just focus more on willpower.

On potion upgrades, I think the drop rate for Crushed Beast Bones is broken at the moment. I got plenty of them when the game launched in early access that I didn't need to think about it when the level 30 upgrade came. My new character, though, I had gotten a single drop by the time I reached level 30, and you need 5 of them for the upgrade. They say they drop from beasts, animals, and werewolves, but spiders seem to be more reliable. Bears supposedly drop them more often, but I don't think I've ever seen a drop from a bear. I know about the farming spot outside Scosglen.
Just Intelligence regen on gear.... basically
Cooldown reduction is more important on Sorcerer gear, I've also found. Most of its active skills outside Core skills have long cooldowns, which could get you killed in a heated battle.

Qué?

I've found Willpower to be more beneficial to mana management than intelligence. It increases your mana regeneration rate and also has the benefit of increasing your overpower damage. Intelligence just increases your skill damage, and the all resist bonus per point is too low to think about. That is not to say that intelligence isn't important, I'd just focus more on willpower.

On potion upgrades, I think the drop rate for Crushed Beast Bones is broken at the moment. I got plenty of them when the game launched in early access that I didn't need to think about it when the level 30 upgrade came. My new character, though, I had gotten a single drop by the time I reached level 30, and you need 5 of them for the upgrade. They say they drop from beasts, animals, and werewolves, but spiders seem to be more reliable. Bears supposedly drop them more often, but I don't think I've ever seen a drop from a bear. I know about the farming spot outside Scosglen.

Cooldown reduction is more important on Sorcerer gear, I've also found. Most of its active skills outside Core skills have long cooldowns, which could get you killed in a heated battle.

ug2jh276hmr8sbj2stolwb&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif

"You know how it's done."

I really like this game a lot more than Diablo 3. I was pretty disappointed with Diablo 3.
Diablo 4 feels like the sequel to Diablo 2. I just cant believe blizzard made a game with out stylized graphics. It captures the tone that I would expect from diablo. Wonder if the feed back from D2R played a part in it?
Now gimme me a warcraft 2 sequel...

You need to do the capstone dungeon after beating the campaign to unlock WT3, which is only available in WT2.

No, the map does not reset after you beat it once for that character. You can find and complete any side quests, dungeons, and renown tasks you may have missed after beating the campaign.

If you start a new character, you do need to uncover the map again, including Altars of Lilith. You don't get the bonuses more than once for the Altars, but you do need to find them again to get renown for that character.
So does this mean I can beat the game in WT1, then switch to WT2, complete the capstone dungeon and it will unlock WT3? Or do I need to switch to WT2 before beating Lilith?

Just finished act 1. Started act 2 but I decided to go back and explore parts of the map that are still covered....Boy I am glad I did, so many new dungeons and side quests I had missed.

I cannot believe how many dungeons they have. This is only in Act 1!!! I was really worried this game would end up like Diablo Immortal....I am so glad it isn't anything like that game.

Sure you can buy cosmetics....but who gives a crap about those. If you want to waste $25 on a costume or horse look, by all means let them make their money. As long as no p2w is involved I could care less.

Started last night. R7-5700X, 32gb, 1080ti is doing 60+ on 4k on high settings all day long, I turn on vsync anyway bc monitor is only 60hz. Looks great. I picked the Rogue but I might reroll as something else, not sure yet. Early Rogue isn't so great.

I punched a long hdmi through the wall to the LR, will hook up to big screen this weekend for some couch action. The TV will do 120hz but I don't think the 1080ti is up to that challenge. I'm fine with 60.

dang, my necro was being a fairly difficult build (tier 2) until i tried sacrificing skellingtons in trade for the "Stand Alone" and "Memento Mori" skills. holy fuck, with the blood golem's damage absorption and resistances from sacrificing skeletal defenders, i can stand there and tank just about anything, then slam the shit out of stuff with bone spear, bone spirit, and corpse explosions for essence generation + additional damage. by far my most successful necro setup yet

Just finished act 1. Started act 2 but I decided to go back and explore parts of the map that are still covered....Boy I am glad I did, so many new dungeons and side quests I had missed.

I cannot believe how many dungeons they have. This is only in Act 1!!! I was really worried this game would end up like Diablo Immortal....I am so glad it isn't anything like that game.

Sure you can buy cosmetics....but who gives a crap about those. If you want to waste $25 on a costume or horse look, by all means let them make their money. As long as no p2w is involved I could care less.
I've read that you may want to shelve most side quests for later. Supposedly they are helpful for WT3/4.

I've read that you may want to shelve most side quests for later. Supposedly they are helpful for WT3/4.
I have been doing a ton of side quests just hammering through whatever is available in an area. I will consider just hammering story so I can get to earning more XP in WT3. It's slow going at Leve 53... in WT2

The side quests are XP locked. You don't really get any more XP in WT3 vs WT1, now you need to do them for the Renown for the +4 Paragon Points from every region.

The side quests are XP locked. You don't really get any more XP in WT3 vs WT1, now you need to do them for the Renown for the +4 Paragon Points from every region.
Right I think that's what some were talking about. Then there's also the late game lilith altar grind.

A few quests do give elixir recipes, if you're after them. Other than that though, the dungeons are the ones most worth maxing out. And the altars, because those will carry over to seasonal. But the good thing is, once you have all the renown, there's no more reason to max it out with new characters.

Right I think that's what some were talking about. Then there's also the late game lilith altar grind.
LOL which is what I'm focusing on now. Grabbing all the alters and renown points is going to go a lot farther than grinding for gear at the moment. I've got gear that i've been using since L40...because I got god tier Dex rolls on them..

Just finished the campaign, did the WT2 capstone dungeon, and unlocked & switched to WT3, great ride, awesome campaign! The hardest enemy by far was the Butcher lol. My only complaints really are how unnecessarily large the map is, and the side quests are too numerous and pretty boring for the most part, alters of Lilith are also a bit of a pain. Great game though! Really happy with it and am looking forward to getting into some end game content!

Just finished the campaign, did the WT2 capstone dungeon, and unlocked & switched to WT3, great ride, awesome campaign! The hardest enemy by far was the Butcher lol. My only complaints really are how unnecessarily large the map is, and the side quests are too numerous and pretty boring for the most part, alters of Lilith are also a bit of a pain. Great game though! Really happy with it and am looking forward to getting into some end game content!

What class did you play?

No Butcher here (yet)...but I did have 5 Treasure Goblin's in 30 minutes today. They all appeared while sprinting on my horse in I think Hewezar. It was during Act IV that took u to that area, but that's beside the point I think. 4 of those Goblins dropped Legendaries. I was level 39-40 at the time.

I'm really bored with it. Level 41, started the game WT2, just started act ii. Corpse explosion Necro with reapers. Combat is just super fucking slow. My skeletons don't do shit and I have them pointed up. Not enough corpses to do anything but stay alive in boss fights.
May try out a WW barb or something. Wish I could remember what I did during the beta, was a blast.
Just doesn't feel fun.

I'm really bored with it. Level 41, started the game WT2, just started act ii. Corpse explosion Necro with reapers. Combat is just super fucking slow. My skeletons don't do shit and I have them pointed up. Not enough corpses to do anything but stay alive in boss fights.
May try out a WW barb or something. Wish I could remember what I did during the beta, was a blast.
Just doesn't feel fun.
I was going to go for a blood build when I try Necromancer. It should have a lot of single target damage if you spec it that way. But if you think combat is getting slow, then turn it down to WT1.

Played a fair bit today, level 21 or 22 or something like that. Playing a necromancer that does minions and corpse explosion, World Tier 2 and aside from bosses that just completely remove my minions in a single attack, nothing has felt even the slightest bit difficult.

Still enjoying it, the game feels huge, but I also have no idea how much I’ve actually seen in regards to the whole map.

Everything scaling is just kinda wild though. It means the challenge level has constantly felt the exact same - hilariously easy. I hope that changes, reading what other people have said it looks like it does.

How do you run out of corpses? I have like 3 skills that generate corpses out of thin air about once every 2-3 seconds already, more if I'm actively attacking.

... But if you think combat is getting slow, then turn it down to WT1.
I had to do this while I begin optimizing my paragon, and things are starting to click again now. I’m still getting used to the game’s design and tempo.

The learning curve is probably less daunting for those with D3 experience, which I completely lack.

Some good performance analysis here, looks like this game can be a vram hog. Thr frame time chart comparing rhe 4070 and 6800 xt @ 4k ultra is particularly telling. Those settings need 16 GB of v ram to be stutter free. Fortunately for most, texture settings scale very well and the high settings looks great. The funniest part is the 4060 ti and 3060 ti matching each other.

https://www.computerbase.de/2023-06/diablo-iv-benchmark-test/4/

Enjoyed my play through, think I'm going to switch away from Barb though, no desire to push that class any further I just don't find it compelling. I had more fun in adventure mode or whatever playing rogue to level 15 than I did all of my play through on barb.

I am not even bothering with the story now. I just follow the yellow dot and keep doing that. Level 21 or some such. Can’t be arsed. Think once I finish campaign that would be it. Lightning sorc is good but I am not really enjoying it. It is a pain in the ass because of the limited moves etc and such limited mana. 3 shots and she blows her load. 🙄.

I'm having fun when I pht reinstall it and just get the main campaign done was almost done with

Don't even Try type of game I might reinstall it knowing that it can be addicting without giving much back. Really want to try a world boss a few times. I caught 7 Rainbow Trout and Salmon with my day yesterday that was more fun then I had with Diablo 4. I think the problem I have there is so much going on the screen at one time with combat I develop ADD and just stop caring about the game.

Last edited:
Back