Diablo 3 ?

U HAX0R

Gawd
Diablo studio closed; remaining staff relocated to Southern Calif HQ, put on "unannounced project"--likely Diablo 3.

The team behind the enormously popular Diablo franchise--most recently known as Blizzard North, the Bay Area outpost of Irvine, Calif-based Blizzard Entertainment--has been officially shuttered. Arguably, the office was moribund for months, those with ties to the Diablo franchise having departed months or even years ago to form studios of their own.

In a statement today, Blizzard president and founder Mike Morhaime said the relocation will "improve our efficiency as a company" and "represents an opportunity for all of our teams to have regular, direct input on each other's projects."

Those from Blizzard North who were offered relocation packages "will continue work on an unannounced project," which most believe is the third installment in the hugely popular Diablo series.

The studio that came to be known as Blizzard North was founded in 1993 by David Brevik and brothers Erich and Max Schaefer. The team--known then as Condor--pitched and sold Diablo to Blizzard. In 1996, the studio was fully acquired by Blizzard.

Blizzard North alumni have gone on to form at least three independent game studios of note: ArenaNet, formed in March of 2000 by Mike O'Brien, Patrick Wyatt, and Jeff Strain (and since acquired by NCsoft); Flagship Studios, founded in 2003 by Brevik, the Schaefer brothers, and Bill Roper (among others); and Castaway Entertainment, also founded in 2003 by brothers Stefan and Mike Scandizzo.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/08/01/news_6130138.html?tag=lastword_pc_headline

So, if they're working on Diablo III it's gonna be ready by 2009, yay! :D

btw, is this have been posted I didn't find it ?

You're getting excited 4 years before you think the game comes out? You can't be serious!

well i got excited for madden 2006 back in 98 when i had it on SNES.
rolleyes.gif

Killer69 said:
You're getting excited 4 years before you think the game comes out? You can't be serious!

I'm not serious, I was kidding, I'll wait to see the first screenshots to get excited. :D

Unless the next endeavor Blizzard undertakes is a true sequel to Starcraft, the company should be boycotted.

Yeah, the whole 2009 dealie is just a tad exaggerated IMO ;)

I certainly hope they do plan on designing and creating a Diablo III. It would certainly be nice to get a new quest from that series. Maybe they can make the game a little longer?? More spells?? More online?

They already have diablo 3 out- Just that it's being called World of Warcraft...... :p

PRIME1 said:
Or you could play Guild Wars & Dungeon Siege II.

To bad Guild Wars sucks.. I'd much prefer to play a Diablo 3, even if it wasnt a whole lot better/different from Diablo 2 LoD... But to each their own.

I think they need to release Starcraft 2 before they get a Diablo 3...

there's two different developers here guys...even if they are now in the same building. Blizz North has ALWAYS worked on the Diablo games while Blizz South has ALWAYS worked on Star/Warcraft titles.

Therefore, it's quite POSSIBLE that there's two games in development at any given time...and quite PROBABLE that there's FOUR games going right now. Stay with me...

Blizzard bought the company that they wanted to develop Starcraft Ghost. There's one.

Blizzard North is working on something yet to be announced...that's two.

Blizzard South has a team that's always working the development of World of WArcraft...including a WoW expansion. Three.

Blizzard South also surely has a team that's developing something else...potentially starcraft 2. There's four.

Food for thought....

OTL said:
Unless the next endeavor Blizzard undertakes is a true sequel to Starcraft, the company should be boycotted.

ameoba said:
I think they need to release Starcraft 2 before they get a Diablo 3...

Couldn't have said it better!

Back