Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

How?

Doing 2 rifts in the same time it takes to do 1 rift should result in more loot, blood shards, and exp. All that murder you do after the Guardian is dead could be applied to charging the next Guardian. Unless its one of those insane density maps then I stay.

Simple, more elites = more loot. I also found all of my 5 goblin packs after I killed the RG. I'm pretty sure the 4 Tall Man's Fingers, SMK and MoJ's I found were all in zones after killing the RG. More loot = greater chance of Ancient loot.

What difference does it make if you kill Elites in a rift after the RG, or open a new rift and kill Elites there?!
The only reason to full clear is if you're running low on rift keys.

What difference does it make if you kill Elites in a rift after the RG, or open a new rift and kill Elites there?!
The only reason to full clear is if you're running low on rift keys.

this is how I see it. Though I might be wrong but it just seems like you can just start a new one. which should give you about the same time with mobs and more time with rift bosses.

I get jack shit from the normal rift bosses (I'm currently at 14 rifts today, not 1 legendary from guardian) so I like to farm the rifts themselves. RNG has always favored disturbing rocks to unearth a legendary versus defeating the rift guardian, in my experience.

JzYVRnrl.jpg

cKSQGJTl.jpg

Two packs in the same rift, 3 blood thief goblins. Of the 14 rifts thus far today I've had a goblin pack in 8 of them and at least one lone goblin in all of them. I'm around 5000 blood shards today from rift guardians and blood thief goblins in the rifts, so for how it's been for me I'm definitely pushing through to the end of every rift since the guardian is practically inconsequential. People should clear the remainder of the level the guardian spawns on, at least.

Shout out to Zipher for grinding through some rifts this early morning... I have a rift hangover... but 2 packs of goblins and a slew of grinding :)

The goblin packs are insane lately. I'd say I average at minimum one pack per every 2 rifts. However, my favorite goblins are the malevolent tormentors. I've gotten as little as 2 and as many as 4 legendary items from 1 goblin.

One lucky bastard in my group last night got an ancient furnace, while another guy got 2 regular furnaces within 12 hours of each other.

The goblin packs are insane lately. I'd say I average at minimum one pack per every 2 rifts. However, my favorite goblins are the malevolent tormentors. I've gotten as little as 2 and as many as 4 legendary items from 1 goblin.

One lucky bastard in my group last night got an ancient furnace, while another guy got 2 regular furnaces within 12 hours of each other.

Malevolent FTW. We hit 3 of those in 1 rift.

I have gotten 3 ancient grandfather swords. Not the worst weapon in the game but getting 3 is annoying. I'd actually probably what the schaffer hammer for the electric damage

Yeah, hit 2 gob packs in rifts last night, no Malevolents though lol.

Anyway, is it just me or did 2.1.2 introduce a graphical glitch? I noticed that every so often, the whole screen gets lit up and becomes fuzzy for split second, then going back to normal? Sometimes this happens once every 10 minutes, or in the worst case several times a minute. Sometimes the glitch happens for a split second, sometimes several seconds.

I never noticed it before this patch.

Anyway, is it just me or did 2.1.2 introduce a graphical glitch? I noticed that every so often, the whole screen gets lit up and becomes fuzzy for split second, then going back to normal? Sometimes this happens once every 10 minutes, or in the worst case several times a minute. Sometimes the glitch happens for a split second, sometimes several seconds.

I never noticed it before this patch.

I haven't noticed this yet. Now that you mentioned it I probably will...

The DH has gotten ridiculous. I found an ancient Natalya xbow with 900dex and 33xx dmg. My CA with one turret up does 170-200mil dmg (without companion). No idea what 3-5 stacked turrets would be effectively. My sheet dmg is 2.26mil.

Gave a Dan Spite xbow to a friend today that dropped with 31xx dmg and it boosted him from 900k dmg to 1.3mil after rolls (power lvl'd him 2 weeks ago).

T10 or higher is really needed now... The leg drop rate is insane...except with gob's, they don't give me anything.

I haven't noticed this yet. Now that you mentioned it I probably will...

It was fairly in my face kind of obvious on my end, hence why I was wondering if this is a problem exclusive to me or am I suffering from a totally unknown problem.

I will do more testing, but I have my suspicions that my current OC's are not longer stable at all (funny, since SLI'ing my 970's I could not OC anywhere near my old stable OC).

The DH has gotten ridiculous. I found an ancient Natalya xbow with 900dex and 33xx dmg. My CA with one turret up does 170-200mil dmg (without companion). No idea what 3-5 stacked turrets would be effectively. My sheet dmg is 2.26mil.

Gave a Dan Spite xbow to a friend today that dropped with 31xx dmg and it boosted him from 900k dmg to 1.3mil after rolls (power lvl'd him 2 weeks ago).

T10 or higher is really needed now... The leg drop rate is insane...except with gob's, they don't give me anything.

Yet people on blizzard forums were bitching and moaning about the "dh nerfs".

Yet people on blizzard forums were bitching and moaning about the "dh nerfs".
The class has been nerfed in high GR's, GR40+ ish.
Most classes went up by 3-5 GR ranks in 2.1.2 and you'll find that DH has gone down. Even compared to 2.1.1 Frostfire the new DH is slightly worse. Due to density/pylon changes and Ancient gear people might clear +1 rank over old Frostfire out of the gate.

For T6 and idk GR30, sure it's a buff.
The people you hear praising the new M6 are casuals farming T6 rifts where survivability doesn't matter.

For DH, 2.1.2 has lowered the ceiling but raised the floor. If that makes any sense.

My HC WD went from failing GR36 in 2.1.1 timers to clearing GR40 2.1.2 in *one try* in the same gear.
My DH was farming GR37 comfortably in 2.1.1, after switching to a Kridershot cold build in 2.1.2 I'm barely clearing GR37 and even then with survivability issues.

DH is still in a good spot, though. With the right gear they're still the best solo class in the game.
Most people farming over GR40 are already pro's at DH, most of them will adapt. It's a small population of players -- let's say 1% of the total DH playerbase. Their complaints are drowned in a sea of praise from the other 99%.

Last edited:
The class has been nerfed in high GR's, GR40+ ish.
Most classes went up by 3-5 GR ranks in 2.1.2 and you'll find that DH has gone down. Even compared to 2.1.1 Frostfire the new DH is slightly worse. Due to density/pylon changes and Ancient gear people might clear +1 rank over old Frostfire out of the gate.

For T6 and idk GR30, sure it's a buff.
The people you hear praising the new M6 are casuals farming T6 rifts where survivability doesn't matter.

For DH, 2.1.2 has lowered the ceiling but raised the floor. If that makes any sense.

My HC WD went from failing GR36 in 2.1.1 timers to clearing GR40 2.1.2 in *one try* in the same gear.
My DH was farming GR37 comfortably in 2.1.1, after switching to a Kridershot cold build in 2.1.2 I'm barely clearing GR37 and even then with survivability issues.

DH is still in a good spot, though. With the right gear they're still the best solo class in the game.
Most people farming over GR40 are already pro's at DH, most of them will adapt. It's a small population of players -- let's say 1% of the total DH playerbase. Their complaints are drowned in a sea of praise from the other 99%.

I agree here. My DH prepatch could handle 36 solo. Post, now that I have to stand still at times to generate hatred, it's much more touchy. Its a bigger challenge I guess but yeah the squishy DH is certainly still in play above GR35. My "power" is meaningless when any of the sudden ground or pulse effects instantly wipes me out. I also went the fire route, so nothing is slowed.

Earliest is Feb 3rd. It could be after that as well, but I would hope they don't wait too long. This patch isn't going to keep everyone playing for months.

What's the problem then? My crusader still has no chance competing with a good dh.

What's the problem then? My crusader still has no chance competing with a good dh.

Looking at Diablo progress, there a couple of crusaders in the high 40's. Crusaders are the easiest class for farming IMO, you can clear so quickly with the condemn build. BUT, you need to play pretty smart for higher grifts, can't just go in expecting to rofl stomp everything.

I'm switching to Softcore for Season 2 and can't decide between DH, Crusader, and (possibly) Monk.
Barb and Wiz are out. Played 600+ hours of WD the last few months, can't handle anymore of that.

I snapshotted the PTR leaderboards the last day of PTR. Solo and groups.

Solo: http://imgur.com/a/07hA8
Groups: http://imgur.com/a/wNcd9

Just based on those I think DH is still the best option. Highest solo clear and you need 2 of them for 4-mans. And the class is now even less gear dependant than before.

Monk is probably the best alternative to DH right now, although I don't think they are as good for group greater rifts. Wave of Light should hit for 400 million+ and exploding palm in the billions, plus you should have pretty much infinite spirit.

Demon Hunters just got even squishier, since you can't just run around and let your sentries do all the work. Still a really good class, but not as easy as before. Also, aren't you just switching TnT's with Kridershot now? Is there any other gear that isn't required anymore?

You're switching TnT with Cindercoat or Pride's Fall, along with Crafted Arcane Barb.
Also the Chakram Quiver is a viable alternative to Rucksack. And crafted Reaper's Wraps are BiS.

So basically the build ditched TnT, which were a pain in the ass to find, replaced 2 other slots with crafted gear out of the gate, and got plenty of gear options in other slots.
M6 was already very easy to gear, but 2.1.2 made it even easier. The only slots you absolutely have to hunt for are 5 pieces of Marauder, and a Chakram/Rucksack quiver. Once you have those the build is done.

Stat priority has also changed, you don't have to worry about breakpoints anymore. RCR is now very useful, IAS not quite as useful. So stuff that was considered "bad rolls" before is now good.
DH can pretty much take any item and wear it, and it will benefit them.

Looking at Diablo progress, there a couple of crusaders in the high 40's. Crusaders are the easiest class for farming IMO, you can clear so quickly with the condemn build. BUT, you need to play pretty smart for higher grifts, can't just go in expecting to rofl stomp everything.

How many saders are clearing above 40? Now look at the dh leader board. Not even comparable. I also don't play season

so how badly did they nerf monks? I have two full sets outta the three (inna/sunwuko) and was nearly finished in collecting the fourth. Also Firewizards are still the best wizards yes? Sorry for asking but I stopped playing for a month.

You're switching TnT with Cindercoat or Pride's Fall, along with Crafted Arcane Barb.
Also the Chakram Quiver is a viable alternative to Rucksack. And crafted Reaper's Wraps are BiS.

Pride fall is really only suited for a cold build. Cinders +fire dmg and cost reduction cant be beat and is immune to drop off when getting hit by stuff you can't see coming like pride fall. Still trying to figure which build is better, fire or cold. Obviously gear dependent as cold you can get a ancient etrayu and the quiver that gives + cold dmg plus guaranteed cull of weak chill hits with slowness. Fire gives Cinder but more powerful stats on the base skills themselves (700 vs 550 cold).

Between preparation and companion, if you have enough cooldown you don't need to use a primary generator often which nullifies chakram quiver and krider.

I changed up a few things on my build.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zepher-1253/hero/48061290
Sentry Damage increase, is it not needed anymore or does that still help with the Cluster Arrow?

I have only seen a crit of 270million so far. seems to hit 50-80 million most of the time.

I also noticed on this last rift I did that pylons were stacked really close together on every level.

d3-pylon-close.jpg

these next to were on the right and left of my screen,
d3-pylon-1.jpg

d3-pylon-2.jpg

And here they stuck a Power Pylon right at the Rift end portal,
d3-pylon-at%20end.jpg

Last edited:
You're missing CA on your helm too.

Dex/CA/CC + Socket.

Also salvage the Izzucob and replace it with literally anything else.
If you got mats craft Arcane Barbs.

CA is Cluster Arrow?

Is the Izzucbob that bad?
I do have a Kridershot with 2740 damage.
How does the Calamity stack up? Hit them with the calamity and then Cluster Arrow them.

Finally found my first furnace, not that I was looking for it and what would normally be a POS Rabid Strike but:
9mA3OsZ.png

If I can ever get a damn gift it'd be 45% damage upgrade with a 130% gem for just one weapon. Wow

CA is Cluster Arrow?

How does the Calamity stack up? Hit them with the calamity and then Cluster Arrow them.

With the M6 build 2.1.2, you should use the kridershot for sentries. You can probably replace Nats ring with a RoRG and swap out the helm for Andriels or Leorics

CA is Cluster Arrow?

I rolled cluster arrow on my helm, boots and quiver. Reason being you also shoot one yourself to get the turrets to fire.

I'd also start rolling off some of your AS stuff since it no longer really matters. You especially need some jewelry sockets to benefit from gems. Roll off the AS on your Natalya ring for a socket and stick a Zei's or a Trapped in there.

Well, I made a Hardcore Seasonal DH just for the hell of it. I know the season ends soon, but eh.

You have about 2ish weeks (maybe more if they end after the 3rd), so you should be fine. I had mine fully geared within less than a week I think.

its a mess to pick shit up after them, should be an autopickup now on stuff they drop so annoying, and one time some bastard clsoed the rift before i was even half way to collect most.. fking idiots

its a mess to pick shit up after them, should be an autopickup now on stuff they drop so annoying, and one time some bastard clsoed the rift before i was even half way to collect most.. fking idiots

Was it last night? Just wondering, one of my clan mates was a scrub and accidentally closed one like that.

Back