Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Some gambling drop rate data gathering and calculations. Looks like close to 1% leg chance overall.
http://www.diablofans.com/forums/di...ing-drop-rates-summary-part-2-share-your-post

After a few days of farming I finally got my ring. I had to drop some dps to get 3 sets of 3pc bonuses. My survivability is like 8mil standing still, which is funny because beyond completing sets, my main goal has always been dps. my glass cannon isnt very glass-y.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Deliverer-1886/hero/3900763

Next up, HELLFIRE RING FARMING TILL I GO CRAZY

That or gear up my monk a bit more for single target dps, and swap gear/skills for Keywarden seeking with temp rush and single target dps it down.

Two full game clears on adventure mode normal. 2 legendaries dropped and 1 from the 10 caches.

Crap...

Three legendary crafting mats dropped, but I don't have the plans for any of them.

Crap...

Ran a T1 rift to close the night, and got nothing. Then dropped my nightly shardes to Kadala and yep... nothing.

Starting to get frustrated. Perhaps I will work another character so that I get upgrades again.

Sigh. Some people have all the luck. One guildie has 300 hours played total on his monk. I have 1300. He finds everything. Started with a high damage Shard of Hate. Then 2 or 3 days later as if the Diablo gods willed it so, he finds all the other lightning damage gear (Thundergods, Eye of the Storm, lightning damage SOJ, even Strongarm bracers with lightning damage). Tonight he gambles Ice Climbers.

I used to carry this SOB in vanilla d3 and up to the first week of RoS. Now I'm basically second fiddle. lol

I'm paragon 308. He's like 210. On RoS release date I was paragon 250. On patch 2.0, I was paragon 120. So from paragon 120 to 308, I have found no significant upgrade. I've had to craft my way to torment. Crafted gear lets you get by, but it's nothing special because most of the crafted stuff doesn't have secondary abilities.

RNG can just die. This kid wins the Diablo 3 lotto.

Everyone is getting sick of his luck. Even his brother is getting sick of it. It's basically become a game of "What did he find today?"

My luck is the opposite. I find basically all the rares with similar names as legendaries. I have found 3 rares named The Shard.

Probably the worst part about him finding a Shard of Hate is that he didn't even know what the hell he had. I had to explain to him what it was and tell him a build to utilize it. I should have let him salvage the damn thing.

/end rant.

I TOTALLY AGREE. Some people I know have ALL the RNG luck. FFS. I used to carry half the people on my friends list, and now they are geared beyond belief in comparison to me and I have more hours played by a mile.

My one friend found a shard of hate on his WD and he just started playing, he didn't even know what it was. My other friend found a Thunderfury.

Before RoS came out, I started playing when they had the new patch update. So I went from paragon level 40 to 150 before RoS and I'm now at 202. I have yet to find a Thunderfury or a shard of hate, and one other friend of mine who just came back a week ago (paragon 0), and is now paragon 110 or so is completely geared in his classes set items (Marauders) and has already outgeared my barb.

Why 2 hander legendaries constantly drop and 1 hand swords being the most rare I have ever seen is beyond me. Oh and Blackthorn's set needs to DIAF.

I would find 1 legendary per 7-8 of his, every few hours... sigh RNG...

/rant

Are encounter drops modulated by you dying in the encounter? I feel like I never get anything unless I never die, which isn't happening. I did my first rift (via misclick no less), I must have died seven times in the final encounter trying to kill the 'rift keeper' or whatever it was, which took me running around in a circle for 25 minutes. Got shit. (this was pre the latest patch)

My experience since the latest patch has been poor. Seems like legendary drop rates have actually decreased for me, as have rare items and gold. Played adventure mode (T2) for three hours the other day and got one crappy belt, a crappy belt blacksmith plan and a couple of smithing materials. I was averaging way better than that before, even if most the legendary stuff I got wasn't an upgrade. Mind you, my Barb isn't geared really well either, so it's not much to upgrade his legendary items.

I TOTALLY AGREE. Some people I know have ALL the RNG luck. FFS. I used to carry half the people on my friends list, and now they are geared beyond belief in comparison to me and I have more hours played by a mile.

My one friend found a shard of hate on his WD and he just started playing, he didn't even know what it was. My other friend found a Thunderfury.

Before RoS came out, I started playing when they had the new patch update. So I went from paragon level 40 to 150 before RoS and I'm now at 202. I have yet to find a Thunderfury or a shard of hate, and one other friend of mine who just came back a week ago (paragon 0), and is now paragon 110 or so is completely geared in his classes set items (Marauders) and has already outgeared my barb.

Why 2 hander legendaries constantly drop and 1 hand swords being the most rare I have ever seen is beyond me. Oh and Blackthorn's set needs to DIAF.

I would find 1 legendary per 7-8 of his, every few hours... sigh RNG...

/rant

What difficulty are you playing at? Playing at higher difficulties seems to smooth things out since more legendary items drop and it seems less streaky.

I swear a damn herd of grumpy cats just ran through here & crapped all over the furniture. :rolleyes:

Seems Blizz can't make everyone happy.

I swear a damn herd of grumpy cats just ran through here & crapped all over the furniture. :rolleyes:

Seems Blizz can't make everyone happy.

No shit. People talking about doing 1 rift and not getting legendaries and sour grapes abound over friends finding more items...

Well you can only play so many hours not finding anything decent before you get frustrated.

I mean, the end game of this genre is to find increasingly better loot...if you aren't finding it semi-regularly it feels like a waste of time.

I'm loving this game now. I quit not too long after the Auction House went live, because the game was bullshit and boring. Been having a blast running rifts etc with my old DH, I think the game has majorly been improved and I'm getting Legends and Sets dropping every so often which is cool with me.

No shit. People talking about doing 1 rift and not getting legendaries and sour grapes abound over friends finding more items...

I wonder if a lot of the complaining types are the same ones that join public games and spend more time in town than actually doing Bounties or Rifts. I run across sssooo many people in public game that seem to be perfectly fine with spending multiple minutes in town between Bounites, when others are literally going from Bounty to Bounty directly. Also I don't think a lot of people realize there are loot bonus for doing multiplayer and staying close to other players.

I notice this trend goes away once you get into Torment 1 and Torment 2 where people are much more likely to kick others and complain about people not pulling their weight.

What about 7 act 1-5 clears of bounties, with a rift inbetween each act, and over 3000 shards without seeing a single legendary or set item? Hell in that time, i didn't replace a single piece of my shitty yellow gear

What about 7 act 1-5 clears of bounties, with a rift inbetween each act, and over 3000 shards without seeing a single legendary or set item? Hell in that time, i didn't replace a single piece of my shitty yellow gear

You are an extreme anomaly if that happened to you.

Also 3000 Shards seems high for that content.

Over the last 2 days thats exactly what happened. Im sitting at im not sure, paragon 70ish, (was at 0 pre-ROS) and have only found 3 usable legendaries. Sitting sub 400k dps, and sub 4 mil toughness. Since ive hit 70 the only thing i have been running is normal cache speed runs, or T1 rifts.

The shard turn in count of 3000 is total, not just over that run of games

They could increase drop rates by 100x and people will still complain. People tend to also complain about things they dont have instead of trying to improve their own situation. Is there a prime evil for jealousy?

Regardless of the drop rates, its a mathematical certainty that potential upgrades will slow down to a crawl.

Keep buffing drop rates and people would complain that they're not getting enough whites/blues/yellows because there are TOO MANY LEGENDAIRES.

That does sound like extremely bad luck, yes. Post your profile?

Over the last 2 days thats exactly what happened. Im sitting at im not sure, paragon 70ish, (was at 0 pre-ROS) and have only found 3 usable legendaries. Sitting sub 400k dps, and sub 4 mil toughness. Since ive hit 70 the only thing i have been running is normal cache speed runs, or T1 rifts.

The shard turn in count of 3000 is total, not just over that run of games

Join the clan and play with other people? I have no idea how you pulled off that streak of bad luck. All of the active people in <HOCP> seem to be pulling in Legendary items regularly.

That does sound like extremely bad luck, yes. Post your profile?

I will later on, I can't get to the sites at work (filters)

Join the clan and play with other people? I have no idea how you pulled off that streak of bad luck. All of the active people in HOCP seem to be pulling in Legendary items regularly.

I may join the clan, Im part of another clan ATM who is pretty active with each other but I'll probably check out the [H] clan at some point

how are so many people at such a low DPS?

I'm sitting at:
700k Monk
750k Wiz unbuffed 1.2 buffed
800k DH
600k Barb
700k WD
500k Crusader

My time has been split between the 6 classes and I'm still able to get above 500k with minimal effort.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/10075786

It seems to be that the current 500k is about the same as the old 150k. I started RoS at paragon level 220 and now I'm at 231. So in about 11 paragons levels I have all 6 geared.

I'm sitting at:
700k Monk
800k DH
600k Barb
700k WD
500k Crusader

My time has been split between the 6 classes and I'm still able to get above 500k with minimal effort.

It seems to be that the current 500k is about the same as the old 150k. I started RoS at paragon level 220 and now I'm at 231. So in about 11 paragons levels I have all 6 geared.

500k is more than sufficient for normal farming. My monk can TR/SW through most of normal mobs and a few bells to finish off elites.

Pro tip: If you're having trouble gearing, run NORMAL RIFTS. Clear quickly, dont check every nook and cranny, dont go out of your way to break stuff/open chests.

Killing speed > higher difficulty
Killing speed > breaking pots and opening chests
Killing speed > chasing that one mob that ran way

Statistically is better to have 10k kills at a 0.1% drop rate, than 4k kills + 1k pots at 0.12% drop rate.

I'm sitting at:
700k Monk
800k DH
600k Barb
700k WD
500k Crusader

To be honest after I figured out that Wizard had everything in one package, I stopped playing my other characters. :) After I hit 1 million dps, I stopped playing it as that was my goal. I did run my Wizard last night and using my "superstitious mumbo jumbo" I was able to get these by killing extra mobs in a bounty. RNG gods smiled again. :)

Too bad Forgotten Souls have completely stopped dropping in Rifts for me since the last patch. I would reroll the Crit Hit Damage as it came out really low.

8CXn4Q5.png

I'm sitting at:
700k Monk
800k DH
600k Barb
700k WD
500k Crusader

Well I have 600K sheet DPS +50% Fire Damage +46% Damage Against Elites. I could probably hit 1 million if I geared just for sheet DPS. What does that count as?

Your characters look like Sheet DPS Glass Cannons. Not that there is anything wrong with that :D

Last edited:
Any advice to improve DPS is welcome.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aznamir-1387/hero/45008334

Right now it is 350k unbuffed and 400k self-buffed.

At a glance, you have zero crit chance from your amulet and both rings...that's a big deal since it's a potential 22% crit chance increase. Your helm could also have crit chance but you have attack speed so no biggie. It also looks like you have not selected a 4th passive, but I'll assume you just got to 70 or something lol.

Bracers are also a good place to find 15% to elemental/physical damage skill (up to 20% on legendaries/sets), which won't show on your character sheet but will provide a big boost. You could try re-rolling the VIT on your bracers if you feel comfortable with your survivability, or just wait for a pair to drop since they drop frequently.

Softcore... is there any other way to build a char? lol

While he is wondering how so many people are at such low dps, i'm wondering how so many people play softcore.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/namtaru-1339/hero/41300504

Same! I convinced a few friends to try HC when loot 2.0 came out (one even had a paragon 100 SC character so he'd been around awhile), and they all love it. Reading stories like "I died X times trying to do Y" makes me realize how different the game experience must be for people, and why they often aren't satisfied just playing the game because there are no consequences for poor play, being in over your head, or improper gearing.

I lost my first Crusader to stupidity (I was killed by Ghom's stink clouds in a rift after we had killed him...had my inventory screen up, sound off, and didn't know that he still released more clouds afterward lol), and my 2nd Crusader is already leagues better, handling 3-5 T1 packs at once (rifts be crazy sometimes!).

I know I have a couple HOCP people on my friends list already but don't see your name; feel free to add me if you'd like: Aix#1131.

Right. Because I have only been doing 1 rift. I'm 202 paragon and I don't think that is from doing just "1" rift.

Like I have stated earlier, the RNG luck I have is on the crappiest end of the spectrum. That is for sure.

Last edited:
Same! I convinced a few friends to try HC when loot 2.0 came out (one even had a paragon 100 SC character so he'd been around awhile), and they all love it. Reading stories like "I died X times trying to do Y" makes me realize how different the game experience must be for people, and why they often aren't satisfied just playing the game because there are no consequences for poor play, being in over your head, or improper gearing.

I lost my first Crusader to stupidity (I was killed by Ghom's stink clouds in a rift after we had killed him...had my inventory screen up, sound off, and didn't know that he still released more clouds afterward lol), and my 2nd Crusader is already leagues better, handling 3-5 T1 packs at once (rifts be crazy sometimes!).

I know I have a couple HOCP people on my friends list already but don't see your name; feel free to add me if you'd like: Aix#1131.

HC is where it's at. Nothing is more exhilarating than those "oh shit" moments on a well geared character and if you die it's game over.

Well I have 600K sheet DPS +50% Fire Damage +46% Damage Against Elites. I could probably hit 1 million if I geared just for sheet DPS. What does that count as?

Your characters look like Sheet DPS Glass Cannons. Not that there is anything wrong with that :D

I just start with raw damage because I have to determine which ability I want to focus on before making that commitment. Pretty sure I'm going Fire with my wizard and I know I'm going Physical for my DH so if you look at the DH you'll see 36% pysical and 50% elite damage with 800k DPS.

Also none of my characters are glass cannon....or at least not pure glass cannon because they can all take plenty of hits.

Softcore... is there any other way to build a char? lol

While he is wondering how so many people are at such low dps, i'm wondering how so many people play softcore.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/namtaru-1339/hero/41300504

HC has its place. But its a huge waste of time when you die....though the entire game is a huge waste of time.

Most of my friends are SC thus I mostly do SC. I might HC up a bit before Dark Souls 2 hits on PC as the game is getting a bit stale.

I always find amusement by HC player who gain some type of superiority complex over their SC counter parts.

Last edited:

Also 3000 Shards seems high for that content.

Negative, as it happens to me as well. Although I typically have the worst side of the RNG in all games, but this one is about average. I have never received a single orange item from the vendor that you use blood shard thingies. I have never received a single orange from a cache from completing the required bounties for a given map. I typically clear between 5 to 8 zones an evening. Although a significant amount of my play time was leveling all the toons to 70 for the achievements. I run them through the story which gets them from 60 to about 67-68ish then do adventure mode from there. I try to get them to about 3+ million toughness and roughly 300k dps. However some classes just aren't able to achieve those numbers with crappy drops, (looking at my WD).

edit: I have got many orange drops during leveling and rifts and bounties, but most of them have historically come from corpses, vases/barrels, etc.

I guess im buying this expansion tonight, the probability of it going on sale anytime reasonably soon is low. I hate you all.

I guess im buying this expansion tonight, the probability of it going on sale anytime reasonably soon is low. I hate you all.

Welcome to the club. I've been bored to death and decided to install D3 just to see what the heck loot2.0 is about, ran 1st half of act3 on master and fully replaced every single piece of gear I had within a couple of hours. Needless to say, Blizz got my money for the expac :)

Back